A Massive Prompt List

Discussion in 'Workshops & Recreation' started by Calxiyn, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Hey everyone!

I've been collecting tons of prompts, from Tumblr, my own collection and even some I've made myself! I hope that these prompts inspire you to write. I'll make sure to update when I add more to the list, and new additions will be shown in yellow. This is only the beginning of a huge list we can all make together!

If you do write anything with these prompts, make sure to tag me in your short story/writing threads. If you have an idea for a prompt or a new section to be made that you woud like me to fill prompts with, please let me know by replying below!!

I’m in a gang and you’re too precious for this world but you still hang out with me. One day my gang activity gets your hurt so I completely cut off all ties to keep you safe.

You were being chased by the cops so you jumped into my car and yelled “DRIVE!”

We’re assassin’s and we were hired to kill the same guy

I’m an assassin and tried to kill you but it turns out you’re not my target sorry about that

We’re assassin’s hired to kill each other.

We fell for each other but the mob told me to kill you

You’re a civilian and I’m a knight. We fall in love and are the cutesy couple ever. A enemy kingdom attacks our kingdom and in the heat of a battle you’re kidnapped (or killed) right in front of me while I’m unable to do anything about it.

Your country is trying to take over my country, and you’re making it difficult to hate you because you’re so attractive

We’ve been engaged since we were born and this is the first time we’ve seen each other

You’re a royal and I’m an assassin and I have to kill you but another assassin is trying to kill me and you just made us both SOMETHING for the wedding and so we can’t kill each other or try to kill you because there are people EVERYWHERE

We’re kind of the head royals of this kingdom and rebels just stormed the castle and oh look at that you’re dying

I sold my soul to bring you back to life after your untimely death and I only have a month left with you so I’m trying to make it count.

You’re a ghost who’s trying to get to the after life so I’m helping you out but I fell in love and now I don’t want you to go but it’s too late.

You keep having strange dreams that turn out to be us in a past life and you’re determined to find me again but in this life I’m already dead

I’m you’re guardian angel who’s been breaking the rules and keeping you alive longer than you should be and as punishment I have to watch you die.

I’m a vampire that has a moment of weakness when you’re near by and it doesn’t end well.

The Grim Reaper is no longer able to claim lives directly. Instead, when your time is up a mark appears on your body and it is the duty of every other person to kill you on sight.

I fell in love with you three lifetimes ago and I’ve been looking for you ever since but I’ve been starting to give up and my friends’s new crush has your eyes and oh god I’m not going to steal someone’s date just because I’m hoping you’re the person I met in a past life (jk yes I am)

I’ve met you in every single lifetime and I always hope it will work out but it doesn’t but I’ll still keep finding you again because those few days/months/years together with you are always so worth it

I meet and fall in love with you in every lifetime at the same age but your age is always different so it never works out and for the first time I’m meeting you when we’re the same age and I’m horrified that I might **** this up

I skipped like four cycles of reincarnation and I know you’re pissed at me for leaving you all those lifetimes but it wasn’t my fault please please will you take me back

We only remember each other in alternating lifetimes so every lifetime we have to find one another and convince each other that we’re soul mates but half the time I won’t believe you and half the time you’re already dating someone else

I made a deal to save your life but at the cost of all your memories together and I’m acting like it doesn’t bother me.

You’re a ghost and you can’t go to heaven because you have too many regrets so you chill with your ex-lover.

I’m immortal you’re mortal and we kind of fell for each other but this is gonna get real complicated when you’re 80 and I’m still in my 20s

I’m a firefighter and you live near the station I work at and we talk/flirt with each other a lot. One day me and my team get called to put out a fire and it’s your home ablaze. You don’t make it out.

I broke your nose while we were playing basketball

I hit you with my car and drove you to the hospital

I needed a drink of water after my shower but I forgot that I opened the blinds to my balcony and you just saw me walk into my kitchen naked.

I was trying to ask for directions and you accidentally pepper sprayed me cause you thought I was your stalker.

I’m really passionate about this cause and I will give you this flier if I have to shove it down your throat

We’re having a vicious battle over the only left handed desk in the room

My roommate's boyfriend is staying over so I’m asking you to sleep on your floor

It’s pouring rain and we have to deliver our final paper but we’re stuck under this awning together until it stops.

I have to photograph someone for class and you’re going to be my model

I have to take someone’s blood pressure for class and you’re going to be my victim

All our friends are drunk and we’re the only sober ones

It’s 3AM and I’m studying, I’ve lost my grip on reality and I think I saw a ghost, you’re the only one here so I’m relying on you for protection

You and I are the only people who came to this club meeting.

We’re the only people who ever talk in class and we like to FIGHT

This professor has one TA slot and we’re gonna fight for it.

You’re baking cookies in the communal kitchen at 3am and I’m angry but also really hungry

My computer crashed and you’re the student worker at the IT center

You’re the only one who actually responded to the desperate message I sent to the whole class about needing the notes

You’re not the roommate I requested and I hate you

You’re not the roommate I requested and I’m glad

You have just witnessed me cry over the ending to my favorite game before class began please don’t ever tell anyone about this.

Subsection: Halloween/Fall:

We met at a pumpkin patch because our siblings were fighting over the same pumpkin

We’re making pumpkins

We’re decorating for Halloween

We live in a futuristic era where you’re a scientist and I’m you assistant. An experiment goes horribly wrong resulting in my death. You try to put my brain in a robot and it works but it’s not the same.

You’re a super villain and are contacted by the make a wish foundation because a kid is your biggest fan

I rescued you from that science lab after you were kidnapped and now you’re ****ed up

I’m fake dating my best friend so my parents stop asking me to date.

This cute bar person draws pictures on my cup so I come in every day to see them

We’re don’t have dance partners so the teacher sticks us together

You always seem to be my pizza delivery person, you should eat with me

I always see you at the museum I go to so I drew you and you saw

I think this is a date but you think you’re getting interviewed for a job

I flipped a coin on a “coin flip every choice for a week” dare and that’s why I’m dating you

We’re supposed to be on a blind date with someone else but we accidentally sat with each other

Bought me at a charity auction

Where for whatever reason, your clock is stuck/frozen/it’s not counting down anymore but it hasn’t reached 00:00:00:00 yet and you’re freaking out because this hasn’t happened to anyone before.

Reverse one where the clock starts at 00:00:00:00 from the moment you’re born and stops counting the moment you meet your soulmate, so it’s like a reminder that “It took me 19 years, 11 months, 20 hours, and 13 seconds to meet you, you ****, and you do it by spilling coffee on me, thanks, now my laptop’s broken—what, you’re buying me a new one? Okay.”

Your soulmate clock is actually a countdown of how long your soulmate has left to live and holy **** you have to find your soulmate soon because your clock says you have three months left (for angst maybe).

Alternate version of above where your clock is a countdown of how long you and your soulmate have left to find each other or else you both will die because the universe is sadistic af—and if you find your soulmate you get to live longer.

Another alternate version of above where you and your soulmate’s clocks have each other’s life spans on it but you can give your time to your soulmate if you want to so they can live longer. Again, because the universe is sadistic af.

The soulmate clock is actually something breakable and you accidentally break yours or vice versa.

Alternate version of above where someone purposely breaks their soulmate clock so they can be with someone they fell in love with that isn’t their soulmate/they are strongly opposed to the whole soulmate idea and want to defy the system.

Your clock is counting down too fast (as opposed to everyone else’s) and you have no idea what’s going on anymore.

It’s been a busy week and after finally having some time to yourself, you just happened to look at your soulmate clock and see that it’s already at 00:00:00:00 and you don’t know when that happened because you don’t religiously check your clock either.

You have a compass that leads you to where your soulmate is.

You and your soulmate have identical tattoos on your wrist about the date when you’ll meet each other.

You remove your tattoo because you hate the idea of someone dictating who you can be with for the rest of your life and the person who’s removing it happens to be your soulmate and they’re torn between letting you know and just not bringing it up because you kind of went there because you didn’t want a soulmate and vice versa.

You and your soulmate can communicate with thoughts and your soulmate happens to be a math major and you really need help with this test right now.

The Red String of Fate exists, and only some people have the ability to see the strings, and these people can actually cut strings and knot other people’s strings in to alter the soulmate laws. Your best friend’s wedding is tomorrow and they know you can see the string. They ask you to help them defy the laws of the universe and help them be with the person they love even though they know that’s not their soulmate. You know they love each other so much so you help them, even though the person your best friend’s marrying/your best friend is your soulmate.

I hate you but we’re both best friends with this person so we see each other all the time

I hate you but we’re both in the wedding party

I hate you but we’re partners because the teacher loves chaos.

I hate you because you’re also trying to be on Student Council and we’re running for the same position

I hate you but you desperately need help to pass this class and I can’t decide whether to teach you the wrong material or actually help you

I hate you because we’re fighting for the lead and one of us isn’t as good as the other

I hate you because every time you eat here you try to get me fired

Prince
    Culture
    Clutter
    Identity
    Save
    Scars
    Musical Chairs
    Stars
    Fire
    Water
    Hungry