Kingdom Hearts II A Riku centered game?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Radiowave, Jun 10, 2009.

?

Does Riku deserve his own game

1. Yes, there is more I would like to know/see about him

135 vote(s)
    78.5%
  2. No, he's okay as he is now

37 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Do you think he deserves one all to his own? I mean, we had Reverse Rebirth but I sort of wish we followed from his perspective more often. Hes a great character, and his fighting style seems cooler to me than Sora's. I would enjoy playing as him.

2. Toshi Banned

Nice thread man. I haven't seen a good one in a while.

Yeah, I believe Riku has more things to reveal than Sora. Maybe it's because there have been already a few games all with Sora as the main character, so there shouldn't be any secrets about him. But it doesn't matter why, but what does matter is that Riku has his own story that we don't know most of it. And in my opinion it's more interesting than Sora's.

3. Egypt Twilight Town Denizen

4. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

As Toshi said, Riku had more secrets than Sora. Not surprising, considering he had Xehanort's Heartless take him over, and was around for an entire year during which Sora wasn't.

Not to mention that Riku, apparently, was the true intended Keyblade Master (question : Where was this stated anyway?). If the Keyblade chose Sora when Riku chose Darkness, and Riku still managed to get a Keyblade later... this is evidence that we still have a lot to learn about him.

So yeah, a game centered on Riku would be awesome.

5. Repliku Chaser

Yeah, I'd like to see a Riku-centered game because he does have his own secrets and things he has done that get left up to mystery. Because he's a more serious character, I also feel that there would be more depth in the game than sometimes with Sora and his side of things. In CoM it was like that and I found Riku's side of the story a bit more interesting and it was less repetitive.

6. ronnoc55 Destiny Islands Resident

7. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

Maybe but right now, I don't see it happening,
    Kingdom Hearts in Sora's Story. Unless Sora is captured or depending on how KH3 leaves us off I don't see him getting a game yet.

8. Misty gimme kiss

Assuming you mean a game depicting what went on in and between KH, KH:CoM, and KHII, I'd have to disagree. Firstly, it would ruin the mystery of Riku's story. We know he went through a lot, but I think it's good that it's left to speculation. Secondly, I'm tired of the 'flashback games'. Yes, I understand the need for prequels, but come on. We've already got/getting BBS and Days, we don't need another game set in the past.

If you mean after the events of KHII, I dunno, I don't think it would be the same.

9. 007 Hollow Bastion Committee

it would be good for him to have his own game. it would not be good waiting for it. think of how long we have been waiting for BBS and there's still not even a Japanese release date.

10. Zeonark Kingdom Keeper

Something to make up for the easy difficulty of Reverse/Rebirth? I don't care if it is Riku, make it happen. Plus Riku would have a better backstory than Sora, hell, maybe even to change the tides of a main character. Which I doubt, regardless, it may not happen but it would be a extremely interesting game.

Of course 007 has the biggest point here. We won't be focusing on Riku for a LOOOOONG while even if it DOES happen.

11. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

A Riku-centered game would be one of the best ideas Square Enix has had for KH yet. Riku's battle style is much more unique and fun. And I think we all would love to see what else Riku's capable of doing (i.e. skateboarding, minigames, different keychains, etc.) A Riku-centered game would definitely be interesting.

12. Kites Chaser

Square Enix need to create a Riku-based game. Riku's story is much more serious and based on his troubles fighting darkness and such. He has a whole "internal struggle" going on and I think it'd be fun to go more in depth with an "in-depth" character. S-E created a game going more detailed about the organization, and Sora already has his story set in place being "fight the darkness, be the good guy". Riku has just been on the sidelines of most games. I liked Reverse-Rebirth, but I'd really like to see a game without the card-system and just a typical Kingdom Hearts game.

13. The Joker Gummi Ship Junkie

Yes. I believe it would be a good idea for them to make a Riku centered game. They should finish the games there working on now first though, in my opinion. It could show his journies throughout each of the games, or perhaps be a sequal and you can play as him through it.

14. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

a game like that would be awesome! if Square does that, i'll buy it as soon as it's out. hell, i may even pre-order it.

15. Nubrian Destiny Islands Resident

wow wth lol i made a thread like this a while back and it always got no's cuz there wasnt enough info on riku and stuff... im depressed now lol but yeah i would love a game centered around riku.

16. BlindingLight Traverse Town Homebody

Riku game

True. He's been through more then sora. i think a game possibly the first or second game of just riku's perspective would be intresting. But I'd like to see what Riku went through as he went through the shadow realm.

17. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

It WOULD be very interesting....but it wouldn't be necessary...I don't wanna wait more years just for a Riku game

18. Shuhbooty moon child

It's be awesome to let Riku have his own game/longer story line.

He was awesome in CoM and hell I want more. xD

19. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

i would love a riku centered game.to see what he did in the first kingdom hearts game,and in the second.i imagine it would be pretty awesome.getting to fight bosses that sora didn't get to fight.it would be awesome.i hope that they would do more stuff like that in the next games to come,and not just with riku,but with king mickey too.that be cool too.

20. Shuhbooty moon child

I could see a Mickey centered game.

He would have awesome abillities and alot to do with the plot...

Espesially with KH1.