Abortion!

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Inasuma, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Yes. Abortion.

Are you for it? Do you feel that it should or shouldn't be promoted? Why?

I personally am at a standstill for it. I only feel abortion should be restricted from the host female if she has sex and had full awareness of what might've happened if she got pregnant. Otherwise, if it was something like rape, she should have the choice--as she had no choice BUT to have sex in that situation.

Your opinions?

2. Rosey Chaser

I agree. Because if it wasnt their choice, than that should be an option. However, the person should not do it because the baby is imperfect or not a boy or a girl.

3. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

*sigh*... here's the problem with abortion.

People believe that it is a way of preventing pregnancy, which it correct. However, they seem be forget that the newborn is actually alive in there, and is a living creature. In my eyes, it's murder. If you don't want a child, that's fine. There are many families out there who would be happy to adopt the baby when he/she is born. As far as rape, etc. it doesn't matter... what happens, happens. It's not the child's fault that the mother got raped is it? They deserve a chance to live in this world, no matter what living situation they were born into.

4. Mish smiley day!

I think abortion should be allowed for anyone. I mean, if someone doesn't want a baby then why should they be made to go through with a full-length pregnancy?

I understand that it's their fault for getting knocked up in the first place, though (unless it's rape). :/

(You can tell I don't really value the sanctity of life thing. xP)

5. Rosey Chaser

But there are millions of orphans in this world today. Someone should adopt them, but not everyone can.

It we put another child into this world that has a raped mother, then chances are the mother wont love them as much. Because everytime she looks at the baby she'll remember when she was raped.

In some cases They will love them with all they're heart, other wont.

6. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I'm usually pro-choice on this matter, and only condone it under certain conditions (like rape).

But I do understand that this is another matter that impacts the perspective of the importance of human life in other people. Once one person does it for a seemingly complicated reason, more and more people will do it for simpler and simpler reasons, and just desensitive society from it altogether.

And in the case of going ahead with an abortion, it should be done before 2 weeks. The embyro is still a generic cell during this time--something similar that you would find in bone marrow for example.

7. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Well I suppose if they torture the kid, yes that's abuse and punishable by law. We could argue all night about this topic, but the cold hard truth is it happens. Date rape is a major factor as well, which leads to "incidents" that can result in pregnacy. I just don't know how someone could be so cold-hearted as to rip a child out of them, have it killed, and live with themselves knowing they killed someone the rest of their lives...

8. Rosey Chaser

I agree. Because if it is still just your average cell, then its a cell. But if it has already developed and has a heart beat, then i will consider it murder.

9. Soushirei 運命の欠片

What determines 'when' an embyro is considered a human life is up to debate. There is no clear cut answer, thus the notion of someone 'cold-hearted as to rip a child out of them' is an opinion. This doesn't necessarily constitute a breach of human rights, or inherently count as murder.

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well....even if it IS a cell....ppl see it as murder cuz ur preventing life from happening. if someone aborts a child, u could've just wiped out someone potentially important. i personally don't have an opinion on this, i can see both sides and why they support it.

11. Mish smiley day!

I agree.

In my own opinion, a baby's life starts when it can survive outside the womb.

12. EvilMan_89 Code Master

yea but the way others see it, u can be killing somebody's potentially best friend/father/mother/teacher/spose

13. Soushirei 運命の欠片

True, but your guess is as accurate as the possibility that they could've turned out to be a mass murderer/rapist, someone I know you'd rather not be born, EvilMan_89.

Speculation isn't a very strong defense when it comes to justifying the means.

14. Alice Banned

It's a rather vexing issue, because both sides are so plausible.

Personally, being female, I feel that I should be able to abort the baby if either [a] I'm in a situation where I cannot take such a responsibility it is result from rape.

If the baby had some sort of detectable defect, that would not be a factor in the situation.

I'm agnostic and somewhat of a numbed person. I don't want to pitywhore, so I won't go into details. I'm not caring for others as the normal person might be, unless we're speaking in the context of a very close friend or my boyfriend....I can't honestly say that I'd feel guilty if I indirectly killed a human being without any conscience or mental capacity. Yes, it is a potential person, but it has no purpose to life yet [unless you believe in predestination, a theory abandoned centuries ago]. I know how cold that sounds. But being as realistic as I am, I can't avoid the matter that if I conceived a child at this moment I would get an abortion, regardless of the previous action I took. I've never had plans for children when I get older, especially if they came at an inconvenient time.

And now I sound like a horrible person. But, I am a compromiser.

On the other hand, a lot of the issue depends on the father of the child as well. What if he wants the child? This all would depend on my age though as well. Currently, I'm 15. At this age even if my boyfriend insisted on keeping a child that was soon to be, I wouldn't be able to comply. There is always the adoption choice. But to have offspring I've never known or really met floating around in the world is not comfortable for me. Especially knowing the government placements these days, the system is overwhelmed with children. I wouldn't be able to guarantee they would live in a healthy environment. The guilt for that would be even thicker than abortion. It's just horrible, "...So yeah, because I was irresponsible and careless I ended up having to lay my infant burden on someone else. Sorry."

If I was 18+ and my partner wanted a child, assuming we were to marry, I would not deny him. There's logic, and then there's inhumanity. It's not my nature to keep things that are rightfully someone's from them. It would be his child too, so it wouldn't be just to do so.

15. JellyBeing ALL. THE. BUTTS.

Hmmm... well its "iffy" for me, but I think abortion should be aloud. Rape is a major reason, if you can in no way care for the child (but there is adoption), and for a young girl herself to have a baby; its like a child giving birth to a child.

At 2 weeks? You wouldn't even know at two weeks. Most women would start to wonder after a month not two weeks. (I really don't think I need to go further in explaining that)
    Well unless you were obsessed about knowing and did pregnancy tests all the time or went to OBGYN right away....

But if there a way thats very accurate at 2 weeks then sure.

16. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

The fact is, your don't know. Either way, there is life waiting to happen inside the victim regardless of what happened to her.

17. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

I think that abortion should onlly be used when she has had to have sex against her will. And that's it.

18. Soushirei 運命の欠片

01_Kairi, the first question a rape victim (or a woman who wants a baby, doesn't matter) would first ask themselves is if they were ovulating at the time of intercourse. As well, I don't think a rape victim would wait a month to check to see if they're pregnant.

Many brands of pregnancy tests can confirm pregnancy as early as 6-8 days past ovulation. To help lower the chances of a false negative, the best time to test would be at 9 or 10 days past ovulation.

Both cases are well under the 2 weeks period.

Right back at you. You don't know when life begins. Thus, you can't call it murder. You have an opinion of when life begins. You can believe it's murder. Thus, opinions affect people's decisions, but don't constitute what the 'right choice' to make is.

19. Alice Banned

Forgot to post this in my huge monster of one earlier:

If we are to speak realistically, humans are nothing more than animals of highly developed intelligence. However, when chickens are given a substance that kills any life in their egg we don't whine about abortion, do we? See, we think just because we're at the top of the food chain we are somehow superior to this reality. We aren't. Oh and for the record, I'm not like supporting the chicken or anything. I'm soOoOooOo not for PETA >.>;

20. EvilMan_89 Code Master

true. but i guess we should promote more use of Birth Control rather than fight about abortion cuz it wouldn't be a choice a girl has to make if she uses birth control

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.