Anger is built up inside and I can't let it out...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by -Xero-, Sep 2, 2012.

1. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

1) People keep treating me like I'm stupid and they even call me stupid, and I'm getting tired of it... My friends say that I'm not very bright and at first it started out as a joke and now it just feels like they're being serious about it... It's getting on my nerves and hurting my feelings...

2) One of my exes asked me for them to take them back and I said no.

When I told my other friend this (who is another ex of mine), he just completely blew up and started telling me off about how I never give anyone a chance and that I always turn down the people that are apparently "good for me" and then I go off and get with the completely wrong guy...

He told me a bunch of other hurtful things and complained that I always complain to other people about my life.

I told him that I wasn't even going to talk about anything being bad in my life and that I was just telling him what happened and that he was pulling a dick move and bringing all this up against me at once when I wan't even talking about any of it at all...

3) I just think about all the other things that has happened in the past and it just gets to me, I know I should just forget about it all but I don't know why I do it.

All of those things that's happened lately has really gotten to me and I've just held in my anger for so long that I need to let it out... I even dreamt last night about me screaming "I HATE YOU!!!!!" at the top of my lungs at something or someone and that's how I've been feeling lately... Just hating everything... but I haven't been showing it... only at home I have been by taking it out on everyone... But at school when I'm around my friends I just keep it bottled up inside... and when they say something that strikes a nerve (like they have been lately)... I want to just snap at them but... I can't...

I honestly want to cry right now because I'm so frustrated with everything around me right now and I can't let any of it out... I don't really know why but I honestly feel like I'm going to just explode at any second or if someone says something again...

I don't know what to do and I'm not very open when it comes to talking with my parents...

Please help...

2. Maiden Artemis Merlin's Housekeeper

You sound like me. Do your parents ever leave you alone at home, for a substainal amount of time, a time when you know they'll be back, and you have enough time to do whatever you want?
    For me, because they do it all the time I use this time to Cry Scream and write and cuss and do whatever i dont do in the "Public" eye, what my parents dont know about, and use it to just be me. I really think its effective for me to do that, but you cant get in the habit of cussing.... But let me know, i really hope the wheel starts turning, and brings you back into a happier place. Let me know if this jas helped if you need anything clarifyed for you, or if you just need a different solution.
    Hope it helps... ~Maiden Artemis

3. Glen Returned from the dead

Hmmm, not entirely sure what to say here.

Firstly, you are definately not stupid. If somebody tells you that you are, then they are the stupid ones for making an assumption that is clearly wrong.

2. What's wrong with saying no to an ex? Your friend told you that you never give anybody a chance, but didn't you ex HAVE a chance the first time?

3. Past does haunt a lot of people, people can tell ya to forget about it all they want, it doesn't mean it'll happen. Not many people are able to put the past behind them, not without a long time of trying anyway. It's only natural, just relax and try not to worry about it too much. It's fine to think about it, but it's not exactly going to be able to affect you too much now is it?

As for talking to people about it, well find someone you trust a lot and just talk to them about some of this stuff if it gets too much for you, you'd be suprised how much it helps. I'm always available to talk to if you want, so there's one person :3

I wish you the best of luck with dealing with this, and sorry if i couldn't help :/

4. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

1) Is there any specific reason why people think you're stupid? You need to prove them wrong. No offense...if your friends are thinking you're stupid and they get angry at you for not acting "stupid" then they're not friends.... I suggest talking to one of them about it.

2) Ok...one, no problem on not giving an ex a second chance. There are exceptions, but I don't know how your relationship ended. There IS a reason why you ended that relationship, so it's perfectly logical to not give the ex another chance. Your friend is kinda stupid for not understanding that. Plus, going back in to a relationship with an ex is really awkward. The problems from the previous relationship will come back.

3) Yes, take your advice and not think of the past. It's really bad for you. I've been through depression before and just thinking of all the problems in the past will only make you more depressed. You need to worry about the present and handle it to make your future better than your past.

5. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

FINALLY A PERSON TO REFLECT OFF OF!

I'm typically built the same way, but a little more awol.
    A kid from my last year's class has been bugging me and the rest of my classmates for more than a year, including now. But he pissed me off more than he should.

Anyway, I actually beat him up twice, winning both times. He shut up after that, and gets pissed whenever someone brings that up.

My point is, anger is normal. For everyone. But there are two kinds of angry people, and this is straight off of Anger Management:

Explosive: The kind of person that you see, screaming at the cashier for not taking their coupons.
    Implosive: The cashier, day after day, and then decides to take a shot at everyone in the convenience store.

You seem to be more of the cashier, considering you don't fly off the handle too often.
    It just depends on how you channel the anger. You can either talk to your friends and tell them to back off, and your reason why your mad, or you can follow the bad example and get arrested.

Like I said, anger is a normal thing, but it can be dangerous if not handled properly. Take it from me.

6. Xalxe Merlin's Housekeeper

if you want my opinion, try a form of medatation or get a punching bag. i go through alot of thinks the make me upset and angry but there is one person in everyones life that makes them feel like it will be all right. try to find that person, it helps trust me. good luck pal ;)