Nintendo Animal Crossing: New Leaf update coming this fall

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Jul 20, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Yes, it's free, and yes, it's a big'un.

Firstly: amiibo compatibility! All Animal Crossing figures and cards will be compatible with the game; scanning a townsfolk's card will add them to your town! No details yet for the figures, or for the NPC cards.

[​IMG]

Secondly: Splatoon crossover! Two squirrels that bear an uncanny resemblance to a couple of pop stars can move into your town, and furniture and clothing based on the game will be available in the game. You can preview some of the fresh new items on Nintendo of Japan's Dream Town, available at the Dream Address 0000-0100-0017.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Holy crap. I never actually thought they'd bother updating it-- I just figured they'd make another game.

However, I'm really excited for the new update. I guess I'm gonna have to cave and buy those Amibo and the Amibo reader for the 3DS after all...

3. Shuhbooty moon child

They also brought up a AC app, but I haven't looked into it since they mentioned this a few months back. I did read about this, and I'm super excited. (I'm only missing a few cards but now I have more purpose to them instead of my collection and HHD!) I'm THRILLED.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Yeah, a mobile AC was announced back in April. We haven't had any news on it since, but it's slated for release this fall; I'd assume that it and the New Leaf update are meant to coincide with each other, especially as the mobile AC was said to be able to connect with main series titles.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Here's some brief footage from Thursday's Direct talking about some details of the update, in addition to some new amiibo cards to coincide with it and a rerelease of the game with the update built in:

An Animal Crossing Mini Direct with further details will be coming in November, ahead of the update's Holiday 2016 release.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Upon installing the new update, Isabelle, who is too pure and is long overdue a long vacation and must be protected, will automatically remove all the weeds from your town!

source

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Animal Crossing Direct promised us is nigh at last! Tune into Nintendo's official website, YouTube, or Twitch to watch the Direct at 10am ET tomorrow, November 2!

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

9. Shuhbooty moon child

ok this is something that was MOOOST needed. I watched the Nintendo Direct video off my 3DS but here are some of my favorite things they added and changed:

• Not only can you use amibo's but the amiibo cards too! (I have the first 3 sets ;-; )
    • The new items and furniture
    • The update to the camp ground (I hate the van idea tho, terrible)
    • HOW YOU CAN NOW INTERACT WITH DIFFERENT NINTENDO GAMES (LoZ, never played Splatoon)

I updated last night and then got distracted downloading the Sun/Moon demo (and grabbed some Mario/Kirby games so I was just downloading away) that I didn't get a chance to try it out. but today, is the day. I'll post more when I get to play!

10. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

This game finally got me to buy my first Amiibo figure (only had cards up until now). If you have access to a compatible amiibo figure, I highly recommend playing Desert Island Escape on the in-game Wii U.

IMG_2196.JPG