Birth by Sleep Any other Vanitas fans ?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Riku-Sama's Shadow, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

Im a big fan of Vanitas..he was pretty badass. Yes, he was selfish and arrogant, but I thought he was awesome. Any other Vanitas fans ?

2. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Ohai. If you want to see my post regard it, be sure to keep in mind that there is spoilers there.
    You have been warned. :3

Heh, I kind of liked the way he is. I mean, he's just like Sora in face, but for personally, he's completely the opposite of Ventus/Sora. And his laugh. Oh, his awesome laugh; creepy but the best I've ever heard.
    I also liked this powers. I mean, you've been fighting against those enemies and nothing really worked on him. Just something could stop and destroy him: Destroying Ventus himself.

3. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah I agree (: and oh my goodness, that LAUGH xD gotta love it!

I think what really made him more likable and believable was the VA's talent, both English and Japanese.
    Haley Joel Osment was phenomenal!! Perfect perfect vanitas voice, and Sora voice! Loved it

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Is it bad that I like him better than Sora?

5. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I totally loved Vanitas as a villain. Because--let's face it--he's hot in my book. Ha ha...

6. Cherry Berry Chaser

Nope, not bad at all. Felt the same at one point, everything just seemed so polar opposite to Sora, and I strangely loved it. Vanities as a villain just reeks of badass.

7. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I love Vanitas as a villain. He just reeked of pure evil greatness.

8. Cherry Berry Chaser

Plus, his comeback may be inevitable, if Ventus is going to awaken soon. Who knows, he may even end up more powerful than ever.

It would be quite awkward though, if Sora has to end up fighting Vanitas or something if he appears in KHIII.

9. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

What would happen if Ventus meets Roxas? Now THAT would be awkward... CX

10. 61 No. B

He could have been written better, but overall I have few complaints.

(I still find it kinda silly that Sora grew into Vanitas. And the whole explanation of the Unversed being a part of him and his relationship with Ventus was a little convoluted, even for KH)

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Since when did Sora grow to Vanitas? They're two completely different characters. Plus, what's so confusing about his relation with Ventus. It was clearly shown and explained that Vanitas is the physical embodiment of the darkness in Ven's heart that was extracted by Xehanort (hence why Ventus was referred to having a heart of pure light throughout the game). And it was stated that Vanitas was able to create the Unversed using the negative emotions of people (Ex. Lady Tremaine)

12. 61 No. B

Explain to me how it makes sense that a boy completely unrelated to Ventus before their encounter, grows up and looks exactly like the other part of the heart that took refuge in Sora's. It doesn't.
    The whole reason behind why Roxas and Ventus, and Sora and Vanitas look similar is never explained, it's fan-service. We're meant to buy that the only reason they look similar is because Ventus' heart is in Sora, but that's not a good enough explanation for anyone who cares about writing. The relationship between heart and physical appearance needs to be elaborated on in order for the similarities between the appearances of the two pairs to be believable.
    Ultimately, it's just shallow fan-service. Enjoyable fan-service, but still fan-service.
    If I completely turn my brain off and read into it far more than I should have to, I can kinda believe that Roxas looking like Ventus is okay, but like I said, it needs to be explained.

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

This was explained in an interview. Vanitas looked like Sora because of what happened in the first scene from BBS. Before, Vanitas was just a faceless figure. But when Ven and Sora first connected, which happened the day Sora was born, Vanitas ultimately gained that face due to the connection he already had with Ventus. This should've been explained in the game rather than some interview, but it doesn't really bother me much.

are you seriously implying that I'm an idiot who turned my brain off? Also, "needs to be explained"?? IT ALREADY IS F***IN' EXPLAINED! You, however, don't seem to like the explanations that were already given.

14. 61 No. B

That should have been said in the game, I had completely forgotten about that interview, and if you hadn't said that I never would have remembered.

At what point did I say that you are an idiot? If that is enough for you fine, but it's not for me. Saying "the reason Roxas looks like Ventus is because Ventus' heart joined with Sora's, and when Sora's heart became a heartless and he split from his body, his body took the form of Ventus' heart" or however it works, is not an explanation. It would only be an explanation if we knew the correlation between a heart and physical appearance. Once this is explained it will be fine, but until then we are left to assumptions.

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

There may perhaps be more explanations in KH3 regarding this whole heart/physical correlation you're talking about, since it's pretty much guaranteed that Ventus will have a big part in the game. But the fact remains, no matter how many times you try to deny it, that last scene in BBS was a HUGE indicator as to why Ventus and Roxas shared physical appearances.

16. 61 No. B

There is more than just why Roxas' and Ventus' appearance is the same that needs to be answered with an explanation about heart and physical appearance. We also need to know why nobodies retain their nobody appearance after becoming whole again, rather than returning to what they looked like while they were still alive. (such as Xigbar, and presumably Lea and Isa) Though I doubt those will be touched on specifically.

I can easily see a scene in KH3 where it is explained to Sora why Roxas looks like Ventus, as I'm assuming the two (Sora and Ventus) will come face to face. I can just see the confusion on Sora's face now.

17. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'm just theorizing here, but I believe that whatever the body looked like right before being destroyed will be the appearance used when a person becomes whole again. Although, I am curious as to why Axel's marks on his face disappeared when he turned back to Lea (even Lea was wondering about that himself).

18. 61 No. B

If I remember correctly we saw what Braig looked like Immediately before being turned into a heartless at the beginning of DDD, and he looks nothing like what he looks like now. The only explanation I can come up with is that the body continues to age and change its appearance (since a nobody is just a heart-less body) and a nobody becoming a whole again is simply the heart returning to the body, though we already knew that part. So basically the body had been aging and acting on its own.

I agree, I wonder if there is actually a story behind those marks, or if Nomura just used them to distinguish between Axel and Lea, since apparently Lea is just going to stay in a Black Coat, something I am strongly against.

19. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I didn't mean before turning into Heartless, I meant before being destroyed as a Nobody (hence why Braig still looked the same in DDD as he did as Xigbar in KH2). And I actually love Lea staying in a Black Coat. His clothes in BBS were reasonable considering he was just a teenager, but I seriously can't imagine him wearing those as he is right now.

20. 61 No. B

Ah ok.
    Neither can I, but I just think it's silly for them to keep them in the black coat. I would like to see him get his own new clothes, since he's now part of the main cast of heroes. It would help distinguish him as a character, and separate him from Axel, since the two are exactly the same in terms of appearance aside from the marks on the face. I'm not saying I want him to dress like he did in BBS, but something new would be nice.