Kingdom Hearts II Anyone think there should've been a RoxasxOlette thing going on?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Cloud.Strife., Jun 18, 2012.

1. Cloud.Strife. Traverse Town Homebody

Now I like RoxNam just as much as the next fan, but anyone wonder what could have been between Olette and Roxas? In the first Seven days, she was giving Roxas some pretty odd looks.

2. Mish smiley day!

I think they'd be better off as friends, personally.

For one thing, Olette doesn't even know Roxas. The Olette that Roxas knew was just a digital representation of her.

3. Misty gimme kiss

I got more Olette/Hayner vibes. Sexual tension over homework--I mean.

I mean, I suppose you could make a case for it--you can make a case for anything, really--but I didn't see anything that suggested more than friendship between them, even ignoring that the Olette Roxas knew was merely a collection of data, as Mish said. They really didn't have much interaction, to be quite honest. I get far more shipping feels from Roxas/Naminé. But it could be cute.

4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I dont see or thing of anyone being a pair! lol A lot of people see stuff like this! haha. =P

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Was it hinted at? Barely. Could it work? Maybe. Would it be interesting? I don't think so. The only upside is Roxas potentially having a stronger connection to his life and being far more reluctant to leave, but there are several problems with that:

1) It would take time to really establish the relationship in such a way that it felt organic and made an impact on the narrative. Roxas's segment already took enough time, and to add more on to that would likely just make the player feel bored and irritated, thus the effect is utterly lost.
    2) It would interfere with what 358/2 Days established, which was Roxas's declining interest in his own life and willingness to risk everything to get away and to take down Xemnas. It would have reversed his feelings, thus leaving him unmotivated to continue his struggle in a rather odd paradox (the more apathetic about his own life, the more determined to end Xemnas's).
    3) It would have made no sense in context. If the Twilight Town Roxas inhabited was designed by Ansem merely to contain him until Sora was ready for him, wouldn't it have been counter-productive to give him an incentive to resist returning to Sora? Even if it did help pacify him, it would then be, at best, an unnecessary risk—and, at worst, inefficient.

I call it a "maybe" because Roxas doesn't seem like he'd be interested. Not only are his emotions severely dampened in his Nobody form, I'd argue they are further dampened by the tranquility of the setting; he may not have been conscious of a history before Twilight Town, but his psyche was probably still in "fighting against evil organization with lots of deadly members" mode, which would make DTT feel like a field of tulips. An impossibly dull field of tulips on a gray, overcast day. Either he'd be totally apathetic towards her, or he'd always have his head in the clouds and won't be able to take her seriously.

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

From a shipping perspective, to be quite honest it appears that anything goes and even from their brief interactions there could be some basis for a ship that does theoretically exist, or could exist. However, from my perspective on the matter, as stated earlier in the thread, Olette really did not know the true Roxas of sorts. Though it would be fine for Square to have put in some ship teasing, the entire seven days seemed to focus more on the general friendship of the group - specifically, Roxas' equal interaction with the other three in simple innocent friendship - than anything. Even in this, the prologue portrayed Roxas as slightly distant from his friends. As for personal relations, I honestly do not know enough of Olette nor her interactions with Roxas in detail to get a good idea of whether or not they would be a fairly nice couple (which is compared to, say, Namine, of whom we know quite a bit, and has interacted with Roxas a good number of times). Hypothetically it is certainly possible! Especially taking into account the possibility of other adventures conducted with Roxas and his friends that we did not see, but for the aforementioned reasons I do not believe it would work as well - or at least, such would be the justification why Roxas x Olette has not been such a popular pairing.

7. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Anything goes, really.

I didn't feel like for Roxas in any case, intimate relationships or anything beyond saying angsty moments of rage was within reach for him. The Olette that he knew, as stated previously, was a digital copy. They hardly get enough interaction to say that 'this is a shipping moment' since everyone seems to be in somewhat platonic relationships. Not to mention within the seven days, Roxas has more of monogamous relationship with the Keyblade of all things rather than an actual person (which there wasn't because they were all digital). I suppose there could be more argument for Namine/Roxas but then one has to consider that perhaps a residual or a majority of the feelings comes from their original counterparts and therefore could be attracted to one another (which if you think about it, isn't very romantic. "I only love you because my counterpart loves your counterpart" :\).

8. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

Nahh, not at all. If anything, her and Pence or Hayner have a thing. She never truly knew Roxas, because the beginning of KH2 was basically a data-Twilight Town designed specifically for Roxas. In the real TT, they weren't friends.
    She smiled at him I think, or caught his gaze (or vice versa) but that doesn't mean they had a thing. I'm pretty sure something similar happened to him and Hayner, and I think it's just a friend thing. Her being female doesn't really make a difference IMO(: Just my thoughts