Birth by Sleep Aqua and Kairi

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by NightCrisis, Dec 25, 2012.

1. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

For me, I think that Aqua and Kairi both look alike and that they might share a certain connection with each other. Is that true or are they both different characters? This thought has been bugging me quite a lot...

2. Shift Chaser

No relation.
    Aqua passed down the keyblade to Kairi, that's it.

3. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

You serious because Xion is kind of like Aqua in a way... 0.0 And how can the nobodies look alike if they're too different people--as to say Xion and Aqua.

4. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

How are Aqua and Xion alike? And they don't really look too much like each other

5. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Well for starters--they both can use the keyblade... Oh! I get it now. The reason why Xion is a replica of Roxas is that because Ventus is part of Sora--that's why they look the same and Aqua must be a memory--that's why Xion turned out to look like Kairi and Aqua.

6. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

No no nooo. Xion is a copy of Roxas, she has the keyblade because Roxas had the keyblade. And Xion doesn't really look like Aqua, its just the art style. Xion is only connected to Roxas and Sora.

7. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Oh--alright. I was only just taking a guess.

8. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I actually do believe that part of Ventus's heart made Xion who she was after all she did look like Ven at one point during Days. Although I do not think she had any connection to Aqua.

9. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I guess you're right. CX

10. Cherry Berry Chaser

Xion's only connection to Kairi is the fondness Sora has in his heart for his friend. Because of that fondness, to Roxas, who bore most of Sora's memories, she appeared as someone who appeared very much like Kairi. But Xion is a part of Sora, not Kairi.

I'm not sure if she might even pose a tiny likeness to Aqua as well, but that might also be due to Sora's memories... Not Kairi.

11. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Oh--so Kairi saw Aqua when Sora was in trouble? Or was it Xion?

12. Cherry Berry Chaser

In BBS, before the incident with Terra, Ven and Aqua... Master Aqua saved a young princess (Kairi) from some unversed in her world (Radient Garden). They did meet, yes that's right. Aqua bestowed upon Kairi a necklace which had a little magic spell in it. It would take her to a safe place should anything happen to the world. Now, maybe things will be better explained in BBS:2, but that same necklace is seen in the other KH games, when she grew up.

Like Sora and Riku, who has a connection to Terra and Ven, Kairi has a connection to Aqua. Not in the choosing Keyblade sense, but everything connects to a bigger picture.

13. Misty gimme kiss

I don't think this is a thing.

Anyway, Xion looks like Kairi because she is a manifestation of Sora's memories. Sora's most powerful memory is Kairi, so Xion took on her form; however, Xion will appear differently based on who is looking at her. Any likeness Xion has is directly related to that.

Otherwise, Kairi and Aqua definitely have a connection. The BBS trio intentionally mirrors the KH trio; Riku to Terra, Sora to Ven, Kairi to Aqua. Both Riku and Terra's names relate to "earth"; Kairi and Aqua to "water/ocean"; Sora and Ventus to "sky/wind." Terra passes his Keyblade to Riku, Aqua passes hers to Kairi (unintentionally), and, at the end of BBS,
    when Sora absorbs Ventus's heart,
    Ventus passes his power to Sora.

So there is a connection between them, but they are different characters from different places.

14. Cherry Berry Chaser

Thanks for clearing it up, I got the idea about there being a possible BBS2 from the trailer at the end of the first BBS game (it was a final mix edition of the game, methinks).

But Night, Misty is absolutely bang on the mark about what she had just written and explained the dynamics of the character's connections better than I have XD.
    The characters... They all have a connection, be it deliberate or accidental. It's going to play a big part in the upcoming game.

15. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

what if aqua is kairi's mom?

16. Misty gimme kiss

I'd place Aqua around 20 in Birth by Sleep. Kairi is 5. That would mean Aqua would have given birth at (around) 15. Furthermore, when Aqua meets Kairi at Radiant Garden, she doesn't recognize her.

It's a nice thought and when the BBS trio was first revealed I thought they might end up being one of the character's parents but timeline-wise, it's impossible.

17. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I also agree that Aqua isn't fit enough to be Kairi's mom. My reason is that Kairi and Aqua met before at Radiant Garden--just like Misty said. If you hadn't played Birth by Sleep yet, it sure explains a lot of stuff.

18. 61 No. B

If this were true there would have been a strong hint when Kairi's grandmother saw Aqua as Aqua and Kairi parted ways. Because Kairi's grandmother didn't give Aqua a second thought (along with a mountain of other evidence), it's safe to say this isn't true.

19. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

they all have amnesia

20. Code Sora X Banned

Let me explain as simple as possible as it is--when Kairi got chased down by those Unversed at Radiant Garden, Kairi spotted Aqua and ran up to her. After Aqua destroyed all the Unversed, she put a spell on Kairi's amulet--which holds the light that enabled her to use the keyblade and eventually took her to Destiny Islands when Radiant Gardens was destroyed. The only connection that Kairi had with Aqua was that Aqua gave her light so that she could be more powerful and fight back the Darkness.