Birth by Sleep Aqua is very selfless... (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Leblonk, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

And silly. She sacrifices herself to send Terranort back to the world of light. Well that's all well and good, but Terra tried to send himself (and Xahenort) to the realm of darkness because he knew that he couldn't wrest control of his body back from Xahenort. Now because Aqua forced him back into the world of light she fell into the realm of darkness and was out of the action for over ten years; Xahenort turned into a heartless and created a huge problem with darkness within Riku; both his heartless and his nobody each caused a lot of havov meaning that Sora had to leave his nice home; and now they are both gone, and apparently the original Xahenort is going to come back because his heartless and nobody are no more. So what did Aqua's sacrifice achieve apart from trouble? Can anyone see any good that came of this? because I can't!

2. Arch Mana Knight

Actually, Xehanort did that. Not Terra. Aqua probably postponed or even stopped Terranort from all out on darkness. Xehanort was trying to plunge Terra into the Realm of Darkness because he was resisting. Terra's sheer will beat the hell out of Terranort so obviously Xehanort would want to shift things into his favor by putting their body into the Realm of Darkness. That's why Aqua saved him, if she didn't, Terra would have lost the struggle and "Terranort" would only be "young Xehanort". Check the Trinity Reports. It clears up who did what during that fight.

3. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

ok. I apologize. I didn't actually play the game because I don't have a PSP, I watched the cutscenes on youtube.

4. Loriah Banned

I'd call that bravery since I myself wouldn't sacrifice my life for my friends. It depends either way on how you see it...

5. Misty gimme kiss

I think the argument isn't between bravery and foolishness but rather, considering the consequences of your actions. If Leblonk's assumption was true that the greater evil was created by Aqua sacrificing herself for Terra's sake, then it wasn't really a "good" act--she was merely trying to protect Terra, the rest of the world be damned. However, her actions did in fact help the situation as Machina points out, so she did end up doing good. It's interesting to consider that, if Aqua was faced with a choice between stopping an evil entity (Xehanort) or saving Terra, which would she choose?

I don't think it can be disputed that Aqua is a selfless character, she spends the bulk of Birth by Sleep concerned for Ven and Terra's wellbeing, and her actions at the end certainly support that. But selflessness can sometimes be foolish.

6. Doukuro Chaser

I feel compelled to post in here because when Ven was rude to her when the three finally met up I was so pissed off. Like, she went through all that trouble just to make sure they were okay and only wished for her friends to be safe.

But as Misty said selflessness can be foolish. This is true, but I think it's also a nice quality. In moderation, as is everything. For Aqua, though, it was her greatest weakness I think. I don't see her having any regrets at least, not for the most part. She simply did what she thought was right and would result in everyone's best interests.

7. Loriah Banned

Nomura made the story, so--you can't blame Aqua for doing what she has to do. She was CREATED to do it.

8. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah--Aqua is the kind of person who doesn't think of how the things she would do would affect the future and didn't Terra have it all planned out already? As to say sending him and Xehanort into the Realm of Darness? If Aqua hadn't messed up the plan as to say--sending Terranort into the Realm of Light--Xehanort's Heartless wouldn't be released--would it?

9. Cherry Berry Chaser

Aqua in the end, was just doing what was best for her friends. Sacrificing her life, for her friend's safety, was not foolish. Aqua believed she was doing what was best in terms of interests for the both friends. Quite honestly, she never saw all that travesty was just beginning to unwind. I don't think either Ven, Aqua, Terra or Master Eraqus noticed what trouble they were in until it was too late.

Everything was orchestrated by Master Xehanort. That included trying to place Terranort's body in the world of Darkness. If it wasn't for Aqua saving him, leaving his body in the realm of the light, Terra wouldn't have made it whatsoever. MX would have had an advantage, and taken over.[/media]

10. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I don't think Aqua's dead. She's actually probably still alive--only in the Realm of Darkness.

11. Alan Smithee Destiny Islands Resident

Why do I get the feeling she'll likely end up following in her Master's/predecessor's footsteps because of all this?