Re:Coded Bad News...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Zeftnon - The Superior, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeftnon - The Superior Hollow Bastion Committee

Alright, there's been some disappointing news from SE regarding mobile networking games. Here's the report segment on mobile gaming:

In March 2008, Square Enix President Yoichi Wada held a press conference discussing the development of Dragon Quest IX starting this year. In his presentation, President Wada brings up the subject of mobile networking games, claiming that production has been suspended on major titles.

About the suspension, he explains that, "Development of the titles has experienced over 3 billion in loss of appraisal. A review of the development system was performed and determined that the timing is unsuitable for the mobile department to be working on the networking games being developed for major titles, therefore production has stopped."

The names of the games effected by the production halt were not specified and are not clear at this time.

But since President Wada mentions "major titles", its assumed he was talking about the major mobile games currently being developed, Final Fantasy XIII Agito and Kingdom Hearts coded.

Got this from KHInsider. Looks bad for KH; Coded was supposed to fill in a lot of plot holes plus foreshadow a bit of KH3.

2. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Well that is quite disappointing.
    I was looking forward to that.
    =/

3. Ansem59 Chaser

I wasn't looking forward to this game in particular... but I know how much of the story was going to be put in it and I also realize that without this installment... we could be looking at a completely different (KH3) game altogether...

4. Repliku Chaser

Maybe it would prompt them to put the game on another thing than a mobile phone then. Coded is kind of a disappointment in the regard that it does have some info on it etc but may not even be available to get. Coded supposedly has a lot of secret info on it and some foreshadowing of the boss for Kh3...so this does kind of possibly mean bad news.

5. Zeftnon - The Superior Hollow Bastion Committee

It's alright, Coded has not been confirmed to be one of the halted games, and they are not actually cancelling production for the mobile games. They will most likely hold production on them until 2009 or so. They are focusing more on other games in 2008 and will worry about mobile gaming later on.

It's likely they are doing this so that the rest of the world can catch up as far as mobile devices are concerned. That way when they do release mobile games, they reach a larger audience.

Anyway, this might make production for BBS and 358/2 Days a lot quicker, meaning we could get them sooner than expected. :)

6. pirateking_luffy Banned

well that sucks,i mean i don't think i would have got coded anyways but it is still kingdom hearts and if some of the story has some stuff on other games then that's not good for the people don't know what will be going on.i really think they shoud put it on ds.

7. Xendran Banned

This will probably just push the release date back. Or it coudl just be used as an excuse for a delay xD

8. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

SE's gona have to fill in what they made, I guess.

But all in all, I wasn't looking forward to the game at all.

9. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Yeah, he said suspend not cancel the production. At any rate, it doesn't change much for me seeing as how I was going to rely on my best friend KH!Wikia for any new information that game handed out.

I JUST WANT MY BBS.

10. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

no one cares about coded O.O

if it were bbs, people would be pissed.

if were 358 days, there would be an army marching towards the square enix company.

coded doesnt seem to have that much significance compared to the others...

11. Sora_The_keyblademaster King's Apprentice

Yeah I read it too! Actually I am not so disappointed because I wouldn't get it either way but I would see some videos in You Tube! But as I read too it says that it might be current so let's not give our hopes up!

12. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Generally, I think that most people were not looking forward to those mobile games because of the different platform. So many people are really only used to playing games on the DS or PSP but I suppose Mobile Phone games cannot compete with them. I am now hoping, however, that Agito and Coded are switched to another platform (DS preferably) but I also have that in doubt. =[ Maybe a movie for Coded?

13. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

It's sad,
    but doesn't affect me in particular I'm afraid.

I wish I could have gotten coded,
    but I already got a DS and a PSP shortly before
    the two corresponding games for those sytems can come out.

I never bothered to get a DS or a PSP before this,
    and I don't think my parents will approve of me getting a T-mobile
    phone just for some filler-in game.

14. Noise For Love and Justice

SADDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe if they werent so far along withthe game they could just change it so it would go on the DS or somthing like that

i think it would make it easyer for more people to buy

15. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

Maybe this could be good news after all. SE could move development of the games to another platform, after all, which would hugely increase the chance that fans outside Japan could actually play them. Mobile games are a pretty ridiculous idea anyways, IMO. SE needs to stop neglecting US and European gamers. After all, there's far more people outside Japan than inside it, and we are as dedicated to these series as Japanese gamers.

16. TacoGrenade King's Apprentice

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats probably a bad thing!!!!! Right? Right????!!! Then again a cell phone game might not be very good anyway.

17. libregkd -

18. Repliku Chaser

Well if Coded is not going to come out, then they could always release the game on another option than cell phones. I.e. DS and/or PSP...which work just dandy and we'd actually buy them. I really hope Nomura considers that because they ended up putting hints to the new boss of KH3 in there apparently and it's also about King Mickey and Riku.

19. MarissaTyphoon Merlin's Housekeeper

I really do hope they change the system that will play Coded. I don't believe (with my lack of cell phone keys skills) that I would be able to even swing the keyblade without accidently calling my friends.

20. s_rank90 Merlin's Housekeeper

well,....that was the most enlighting post i've ever read all day, thanks :]
    at most, the fans in japan cant tease us on youtube with coded *heads down*
    or, if i can remember correctly, nomura said that he wanted this game to be available and free for everyone. From the looks of the scanes, coded should be the kind of game that could be brought from the playstation store but who knows. Not everything in life is free but money speaks for itself, just saying ;0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.