PC Blockland - The game where you build stuff!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mindstorm787, Nov 13, 2015.

1. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]

Overview: Blockland is a non-linear, sandbox style multiplayer game, stylized with LEGO-esque minifigures, created in February 2007 by Eric Hartman, AKA Badspot. The game itself gives the user the ability to create their own environments and games to their own discretion, boasting a larger user base and a variety of systems.
    It was Greenlit on Steam for about a year before it was officially released to the Steam store, further expanding it's user base.

[​IMG]

Features: Essentially a physics game, Blockland depicts the ability to utilize laws of physics, such as a character's avatar dying from a high enough fall, and replicating bricks collapsing from explosions.
    It also uses an interesting Event System, where users can create interactive bricks through a simple cause-and-effect interface.
    Finally, Blockland is heavily Add-On based, thus allowing users to create their own content from the game's engine itself, and gives infinitely more possibilities for server hosts to make intricate games.

-----

Now, before I let you discuss, a little word to the wise; the community is very cutthroat. The game itself is decent by my standards and I could play for hours, but a lot of the players don't act really mature. If any of you are considering buying this game, play it at your own risk.