Birth by Sleep Create the next enemy's emblem (group effort, artists needed)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Pezz, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Ok, this thread continues off of thread "create the next kingdom hearts enemy". for that thread, We invented the basic idea for kingdom hearts next enemy, the Desouls (for more information please read previous thread). I'm not talking about unbirths, those guys are old news! :D

We still are in need of an emblem for these guys though, which is why I made this thread. creating the emblem will work best on another thread (this thread). we need the emblem to represent exactly what the desouls are. the emblem should have the image of a heart in it like all the other emblems.

I need the help of all of you. Any ideas that you come up with post it. ideas can include sketches and just general thoughts on how to represent the desouls with a picture.

rules:

-NO SPAM!
    -don't post anything that doesn't help us create our emblem
    -this is a PG site, so that means the the emblem can not be inappropriate
    -Avoid using letters for the emblem, unless it works.
    -send me a copy of any emblem that you create.
    -don't do something too complex we want to keep a similar feeling to the other emblems.
    -be sure to describe how the emblem represents the desouls.

I will edit this first post when ever someone has a good idea. I will also make a note of who came up with the idea.

StarSeeker99 and Kme92 will help me manage the desoul topics. if there are any questions, please refer to either of us.

2. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

I couldn't see anything. sounds interesting though. send it to pezz570@hotmail.com i'll post it for everyone to see.

3. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Considering a Desoul has a Heart, Body and Soul, all three can be included in their emblem.

They're also incomplete, perhaps more than any other creature ; they have all 3 elements yet still aren't fully complete.

So, maybe something similar to a Heart, Soul and Body lacking one half of each other? Or one third of each, making a Tri-Force-like symbol?

I'll try to draw something and send it to you... maybe not now, cuz homework is attempting to rip me away from my KH fantasies...

4. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

lol ok. I was also thinking that perhaps a shattered heart could work or maybe a heat that is being eaten away (to represent a fading soul and the loss of will)

5. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Interesting... especially on the sides, because it seems like something "leaking" out of the circle...
    However, where is the Heart? Both Heartless and Nobodies feature hearts in their symbols, and we should have it too.

6. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

My words exactly. :)
    Yeah it looks great! just incorporate a heart and give a detail explanation. of its meanings. we may want to add a tad of color if we decide to make a certain color be relate to the desouls. for some reason the color sea green pops into mind. not sure why.

7. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

I've had a bit of fun making an emblem myself. However, I mostly used Copy-Paste, and in the end, decided to have fun with color. I've put WAY too many colors for an emblem, but the black lines are what's important.
    So the basic concept was to have flames in the heart. I was gonna put some on the heart as well, but got bored and overused colors instead :bangbang:

Look in attachments...

Attached Files:

8. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

oh wow! I love it I looks very good! I could even see this as being an actual emblem for the game! Maybe we can add wavy lines to the bottom tip.

9. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

I looks nice, but It doesn't really shout out desoul to me

10. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Keeping the flame theme, maybe if we turned some of the spikes into flames?

11. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Ok, I took your design, StarSeeker, and built off it. I hope you don't mind. this is what I got.

Desoul emblem 3.jpg

As you can see this makes it look more like the flame is eating away at the heart. That represents the depletion of the heart's will. the little design at the bottom is just a design to add to the emblem. the flame also looks like it is on a candle stick. what are your thoughts. I'm not sure if we are done here, but I think we are getting somewhere.

12. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

That looks a lot like the Heartless symbol. They too have some sort of thorns on their Heart.

This is excellent, and might just end up to be the final emblem. There's one thing I'd mention though. The bottom part sorta looks like flagelle-like legs. Makes the whole thing look like a virus.
    I wondered if you could slightly modify the bototm, to make it look like it really is on a candle. I mean, like those images that you can see two things depending on whether you look at the colored side or white side.

Except for that detail, I say this is the best emblem yet.

13. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Ok, I modified it. Originally I attempted to the bottom resemble more of a candle stick holder or something like that, but it just didn't work, which was why I did those squiggly line things. I agree, though, that it needed some work so this is what I did.

Desoul emblem 4.jpg

The bottom part still could use fixing I think.

Edit: ok, I changed the bottom. I think it looks much better now. I looked at it from a distance and up close. I think it holds together well from both distances.

Desoul emblem 5.jpg

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I think it needs to be a little more simple to go along with the other emblems

15. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Yeah I've been thinking on that, but I'm not sure what to take away

16. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

It does look a bit too large. May I suggest that you try to make it more vertical? I don't know how, maybe by giving more lenght to the "tentacles". But right now, it sorta looks too wide, compared to the other emblems.
    It's still excellent, and your color choices are very good. We can safely say right now that fade purple and dark green are caracteristic colors of the Desouls.

17. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

can you give me like a sketch or something? It doesn't have to look to good, but I'm not sure exactly what you are suggesting.

18. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Here's a quick Paint sketch, in attachments.

I basically proposed that the Emblem be longer vertically.

Attached Files:

19. Arixik Traverse Town Homebody

in your closet that's filled with fuzzy coats
    I'm not digging the color of the emblem.

20. Krowley Moderator

For the big symbol, use it as a door symbol in one the desoul world :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.