crossdressing

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Nuff' Said, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Nuff' Said Banned

Is it really a wrong thing? It's people expressing themselves and their favorite clothes. What are your thoughts?

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Some clothes are made gender specific.
    I'm against trying to pass yourself off as the opposite sex.
    If you want to do that, get a sex change.
    Not sure why, but I find crossdressing slightly revolting, but a sex change is alright with me.

3. Nuff' Said Banned

that doesn't solve much but creates more problems seeing how America is doing with the LGBT. because a guy that likes women will no longer be able to have children of his own with his wife as far as I know. And a woman that likes women and gets her gender changed will no longer be able to have children once she gets hers changed. And it's alot simpler and cheaper to just go by Target and get a pair of women's clothes.

The reason the woman couldn't is because in Illinois gays cannot adopt children or receive a sperm donation. The act takes effect in March

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I don't like it when people try to act like someone else and not like themselves.
    I get crossdressing, and I think it's alright. But trying to act like what you believe is a man/woman is wrong. Change your clothes and I don't care, change yourself, that's when I have a problem.

5. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I don't have a problem with it, I'm permanately wearing jeans and **** so I'm not going to object if some dude wants to wear a skirt.

Plus I always buy mens t-shirts and hoodies because I prefer the fit and I usually find I prefer the style. Clothes aimed at females are usually too sparkly/pretty/girly for my taste, plus I found it really bloody hard to get a Ghostbusters shirt for girls, whereas I could find at least six different ones for dudes.

It isn't harming me if a guy wants to run around in a dress, so as far as I'm concerned, let them.

6. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

GO SCOTTSMAN!

Personally, I think the only time it's okay for a guy to dress up as a girl is during drag for a show/play.

7. Doukuro Chaser

There's whole psychiological thing behind this, which I don't feel like getting into right now seeing as I think I mispelt that word... I don't like seeing guys run around in binkis, sweating and stuff (can't unsee that) but saying that they don't have the right to do so is the same as saying people shouldn't have the right to vote. It could mean a troubled pass, and if it helps them and they are hppy with it, then so be it.

And I'm like CtR, I love my jeans, hoodies, and such.

8. Sumi suicidé

[wears either men's clothes or lolita-style dresses]
    Meh. Doesn't bother me. I say you've got a right to express your views.​

9. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    Crossdressing hmmmm well what ever floats your boat, I can't really say anything on the subject not my place to decide what people should do.... is it?

10. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I'm currently wearing my dad's old jeans xD

I've got nothing against cross-dressers, it's their life, they can live it however they want. I'm not personally into it (apart from occasionally using men's/boy's jeans thanks to a better fit/nice style), and I'll admit that I might be a bit startled whenever I see someone wearing the opposite sex's clothes, but it's not hurting me or anyone else. People can dress however they want imo.

11. Emzy ♥ Gummi Ship Junkie

I wear guys jeans, and I wear guys tops ;]
    I'm female, and don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's only if you do so, and complain about people making harsh comments, that it is kind of wishy washy with me. I mean, you can't go around as a guy wearing evidently female clothing, and not expect some form of negative reaction by some individual.
    Buuuut, that's another thing all together~

Anywho, as I previously said, I wear guys clothes. And might I say, the boxers are sooooo comfortable. I don't see any problem with it.

12. Repliku Chaser

I don't really see a problem with cross-dressing. Women seem to cross-dress more often than men, but that's because if a man cross-dresses, it's seen as degrading for some reason or some men feel 'duped' which I find hilarious when it happens because maybe it would teach some men to stop hitting on anything with a skirt. I really could care less what someone wears as long as well, it's not streaking since that's sadly illegal.

Can't say I have really cross-dressed much because I find my guy clothes more comfy and cool to me, except one year I dressed as Carmen Sandiego for Halloween to crack up some friends, or sometimes I just do weird things to make friends laugh. Some people are too serious about these sorts of things and try to class everything. In the end, whatever someone feels comfortable in is what that person should wear. The people with problems over it usually seem to be rather petty to me, getting annoyed because they -need- a division of gender. To me it's the same as having to be forced to make a baby wear pink or blue based on gender. It's just not important.

13. ZSEDC4 Moogle Assistant

Let them be

I figure this: if someone is more at-ease in clothing that is considered odd or even "taboo" in their society, then let them just do as they please. are they hurting anyone? No? so then its fine.

14. Mish smiley day!

I don't class girls wearing jeans/guy tops as crossdressing. Crossdressers crossdress with the intention of looking like the opposite sex. Jeans =/= omg boy and even with a hoodie/top specifically made for boys, girls are still easily passable as girls, so it just.. doesn't count imo. However, if you were to go out wearing an obviously man-only type of outfit, eg suit and tie with a fake moustache thrown on for good measure, that would be crossdressing.

On the other hand, for boys, wearing a skirt/dress, applying make-up and wearing a bra and something is out of the norm and I'm not saying it's a bad thing (I went to see The Ladyboys of Bangkok and it was awesome). But they are going to garner attention if they go out in public like that. Possibly very negative attention. I remember seeing something in the news recently where a couple of cage fighters went out in drag and they were attacked by two other men. Here's a not so awesome quality video of it:

<center><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6b7UG0e5wQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6b7UG0e5wQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object></center>

15. shurik Destiny Islands Resident

On twilight beach , listning to the waves
    Man I'm not for it or against it. I say let the peopl do what they want. If it makes Them happy so be it. Though now I hear government officials want to make a law against it. Personally I will never due it but if it comes to it I will come with a sign supporting them

16. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

So long as I don't have to see it and no one gets hurt, I couldn't care less.

17. Cyanide King's Apprentice

I don't care. It doesn't concern me, people can do whatever if it makes them happy.

18. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I could've sworn I posted here. Eh, whatever, I'll do it now.

I know cross-dressers. Not even people who do it all the time or are trying to make a statement, they do it just for fun. There is no gender-specific clothing; only gender-recommended. I wonder how many of you know that men regularly wear skirts in many countries? In fact, ever heard of a war-skirt? See Gears of War's Theron Guards. Pretty badass.

Moving past superficiality, some people identify more with a certain gender. Some of these people are not the same sex as the gender with which they identify. Further still, some among those do not want to change sex, any more than they want to change gender identities. People are too complex to divide into "man" and "woman," both biologically and psychologically. There are mistakes, mutations, hiccups; but more importantly, some people just choose to be different. It might seem silly for something as insignificant as choice of clothing to enter into this, but people are silly. Sometimes men just don't feel right in jeans and a t-shirt, and sometimes women have to ditch the dress. Like I said, clothing is insignificant; if someone else puts enough value in it that they feel the need to wear a certain sort, it shouldn't be a problem for others.

19. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

My best friend cross dresses...I see nothing wrong with it...It can be a good laugh (not offensive...im thinking pantomimes, people on tv, etc) and it can look pretty good on people, besides me being a guy having o idea but i hear guys clothes are comfier than girls clothes anyway

20. Inasuma "pumpkin"

"Crossing-dressing" is sort of a manifested social behavior from social values. Therefore I don't think it is wrong, nor do I think it exists 'less it is within the context of a society where women and men dress differently, according to said social values.

In the USA, I don't think it is wrong. The only problem is that people become stigmatized quickly and especially by major media outlets because people aren't ready to accept it all the time. And plus, "it just isn't right" is another thing that may be a problem for cross-dressers.

Is it wrong? No. Nor does it really exist.