Crossover-Team RP

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I had an idea for an open Crossover RP that would allow not just characters from media, but from other RPs, including OCs.

The basic idea is that a few years ago, some bad guys from different universes crossed over and tried to take over the multiverse. Heroes from different universes came together and fought against them and won, but the walls between universes was now weakened and allowed for easier travel between.

To ensure the safety of the multiverse, some of those heroes formed a team. The team would be headquartered on an original world (I'm thinking a central base, a city, and some outer area, but nothing else around it).

The RP would start in the present time with the team having had some time together. They travel to each other's worlds and can hang out or help each other out against foes (who can also team up), or explore the original world.

OCs from other RPs would be allowed (as long as they were yours) and maybe even RP-specific versions of pre-existing characters.

Would anybody be interested in doing this or helping me develop the idea?

2. Aelin Best Waifu

It sounds like it could be an interesting idea, the only thing that makes me nervous is to do with being in a previous rp that someone did a similar concept where it ended up being excuses to bring back certain characters and it became very cliquey and hard to fit into. And the other thing with such a wide crossover is crossing over with character that were from different era's, even with characters from Media. So that might be an issue to think of addressing when making it, or else you will have many very confused characters. Besides that it sounds like it could be a good idea and if there is anything you need help with I am always willing to try and help.

3. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

I'd certainly be interested in this idea! Though I also want to suggest that you place some certain limitations, like making sure a character isn't too strong to properly be in this roleplay, like One Punch Man or Goku. Maybe have the option to lower their power if it's a problem?

Also, for a character that is not yet in the team, how might they run into them and, if the writer chooses, have the character join them?

4. Arch Mana Knight

*looks at my hundreds of dead RPs* >> Well I certainly won't have a lot of trouble finding a character if this gets made. You already know you can shoot your ideas by me. Don't really have any input right at this moment though.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

Well, it's certainly got my interest that's for sure. I think it'd be a lot of fun, and I'm trying to get right into RPing again so there's a good place to start XD

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Okay, so here's what I was thinking based on your feedback:

The villains who came together managed to destroy some worlds (those belonging to RPs). The OCs from those stayed on the new, original world ("Hub World" for now) and started a society for those who lose their worlds (just realized it's pretty much Traverse Town lol). The Headquarters for the team of crossover warriors is on this world.

There will be a rule about a character limit. Normally, I don't care how many characters people have in this kind of RP, but I'd probably make a limit for the amount of OCs (before it becomes an OC only RP) and something like no matter how many characters any individual member has, each post can only have a certain number of characters.

The RP would take place years after that initial war and the formation of the team. There can be many members so we can do individual squads if there are enough participants or just a main team if there isn't enough. Even a main team with rotating members. That should make it easy enough for new characters to jump in. I was even thinking of the RP starting with a new war about to start.

Of course, not everyone has to even be a part of that organization. As long there is interaction with other members and they can get brought into the story somehow (temporarily or permanently), then it's all good.

I don't think we should worry too much about power levels as long as it doesn't get out of hand, but I've had a rule before that power levels change depending on the world they're in. Having everyone in a Dragon Ball Z world, for instance, gives them a strength level relative to the average power level of that world (in this case, a Saiyan), but...maybe the powers balance out when interacting with someone/something from a different World.

Oh, I also thought of giving people the option of giving their characters new abilities from different worlds. Like a Pokemon Trainer might be able to catch a Heartless on a KH World or a monster from FF and use it like a Pokemon. These would either be easily available but temporary and can only be used on that world OR harder to get and permanent.
    Thoughts?

Years and years ago, a being named Smithy tried to take over the Mushroom Kingdom using the power of wish-granting stars. Though he was defeated, Smithy made one final wish that was inexplicably granted and gained the immense power of the dimension-crossing Culex, a multiversal Dark Knight. Using his new power, Smithy built a team of like-minded villains from many different realms and set out to conquer everything with his new army.

The star warrior ♥♪!? (known as Geno) --who was initially tasked with foiling Smithy's evil plan-- decided to follow suit and crossed his own dimensional barriers to gain allies. What followed was a brutal war across many universes known as the "War of All Things" pitting heroes and villains from all reality. Though many realms were unfortunately destroyed and many lives lost in the war, the villains were defeated and reality was safe once again.

In the aftermath of the war, Geno founded "Star Warriors"

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  7. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

I agree with having the RP start a few years after the beginning of the "war," and that there is a Hub World for people to stay on. The character limit also sounds like a good idea, but I'm a bit unsure of how people that aren't part of the organization would be able to comfortably fit with the flow of the roleplay.
    Other than that, everything seems pretty fine, honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.