Kingdom Hearts II Did you guys know about this? (Double Keyblade Sora)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by phoenixkh93, Jun 13, 2012.

1. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]

One of the original plans for Sora in KH2. This looks so amazing, I wonder why they took it out?

2. Llave Superless Moderator

I don't know the authenticity of this concept, but it is an interesting one nonetheless. My thoughts, if anything, it was a premature stage of what would become the Drive Forms and ultimately a Final Form of sorts.

I honestly can't see a fighting style like this work, as the hilts of the Keyblades totally engulf the hand making it hard to shift swinging positions. If they fleshed the idea out more, it may have proved to be more successful. I doubt we'll see it in KHIII though.
    Sora is Darth Maul.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

As interesting as it looks, like Llave said, it would probably be pretty hard, maybe improbable, that Sora could get swinging positions with that. Just with the size of the handle it makes it difficult having to keyblades stacked. It's probably why in the Valor Form they just had him hold it in the other hand.

He is so Darth Maul

4. Spike H E R O

They could've made it more of a throwing weapon, I guess. Even then, the handle just ruins the whole thing. Would it really have been that difficult to cut the sides of the handle out? Whatever.

Undeniably, Darth Maul

5. exile0025 Gummi Ship Junkie

hey i remember posting about this
    it was a concept for kh2

6. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Haha Sorry I'd never seen it before :)

And that's true about the handles, I never would have thought of that, very restrictive. I suppose they would have had to sacrifice one of the integral parts of the keyblade design for the sake of making it work, so they probably decided to scrap it and go with the dual weilding instead. As for authenticity, I saw this on TV tropes, where there is no such thing as notability. However they are usually pretty reliable.

7. Misty gimme kiss

I've seen it before too--I think it may be authentic.

What you guys bring up about the handles is definitely a good point, but let's not forget that in Final Form Sora isn't holding the keyblade(s) at all; he's able to make them levitate around him. I don't know how that would work with this particular design but hey, you never know.

It could also be a simple representation of the different grip in Wisdom form? His natural grip is displayed by the keyblade with the golden blade (Mickey's?), the Wisdom form modification by his usual keyblade.

Never know. Still, interesting. :) I think it's definitely related to the Drive Forms, though. Maybe they wanted to do something like this but just couldn't animate it properly.

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Definetly Darth Maul.

Anyways, the ps2 had limited graphics, so this would've been hard to animate. I would have loved to see this, but it was simply toO hard

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Am I the only one who's less interested in the dual-blade aspect and more in the fact that the dual-bladed Keyblade is made out of Sora's light and Mickey's dark Keyblade?! I want to know how THAT factored into plans for KHII, and why it was eventually dropped. We might've been missing something spectacular.

...Not to be rude, but I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. The game can render two Keyblades simultaneously; a dual-bladed Keyblade might actually have been easier to render, since it would only count as one object.