DirectX Problems

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Hissora, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hissora ahurhurhur.

Ever since In first got my computer I have had problems with DirectX, so it doesn't suprise me that this came up.

So I got portal, right? I installed it and everything and when I tried to run it, the screen turned black as if it was going to run the game, but it went back to the desktop with a window that said i need a minimum of DirectX 8 to be able to run Portal.

I asked my sister's boyfriend what to do and he suggested to update DX completely. So I went to the DirectX 10 Download, since it was the newest one and downloaded to installation program. Now, I tried to instal that and got this message:

An internal error occurred.
    Please refer to DXError.log and DirectXlog in your Windows folder to determine problem.

And I'm really confused. Any help would be nice. All I wanna do is just play portal D:

2. Hissora ahurhurhur.

Bump because problem is still there, expect now, I have DirectX 10 installed fully, but Portal still won't work.

3. Misty gimme kiss

If you're using Vista, which I'm assuming you are since it's a nice computer, try right clicking whatever program you're trying to run and selecting "Run as Administrator..." That's what usually works for me. Or you could try downloading Divix. I don't know if the two are connecting, but they both have D's and X's in their names.

4. cronoking Chaser

Along with what Misty said, you could also try deleting all the DirectX stuff you have and install it cleanly. If you were getting errors before from going to DX8 to DX10, then the problems might still be there even though you have DX10 now and a clean install would help that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.