Square-Enix Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TwilightBlader, Oct 1, 2010.

1. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Since the old one got deleted I am making a new thread for this game

Summary of what is confirmed:

Characters:
    *All previous characters confirmed
    *Desperado Chaos
    *Kain
    *Gilgamesh
    *Tifa Lockhart
    *Laguna Loire
    *Yuna
    *Prishe
    *Vaan
    *Lightning

Stages:
    *All previous stages return
    *Pandemonium Castle's Throne Room
    *Crystal Tower
    *The Phantom Train
    *Prima Vista
    *Empyreal Paradox
    *Sky Fortress Bahamut
    *Orphan's Cradle

Costumes:
    *All previous costumes have returned
    *Sprite based WoL outfit
    *Amano Garland
    *Amano's Firion
    *The Emperor's Final Fantasy Origin's outfit
    *Amano's Onion Knight
    *The Cloud of Light
    *Cecil's outfit from FFIV DS
    *Golbez's outfit from FFIV The After Years
    *Dark Kain from FFIV The After Years
    *Kain's Hooded man outfit
    *Bartz's sprite outfit
    *Neo Exdeath outfit
    *Gilgamesh's FFVIII outfit
    *Gilgamesh's sprite outfit
    *Amano's Terra
    *Amano's Kefka
    *Amano's Cloud
    *Original FFVII Sephiroth outfit
    *Tifa's outfit from Advent Children
    *Tifa's cowgirl outfit
    *Amano's Tifa
    *Amano's Squall
    *Ultimecia in Edea's body
    *Laguna's Galbadian soldier outfit
    *Laguna's president outfit
    *Zidane's Knights of Pluto outfit
    *Kuja's "Angel Of Death" outfit
    *Amano's Tidus
    *Jecht in a Zanarkan Abes based outfit
    *Amano's Yuna
    *Yuna's wedding dress
    *Shantotto wears a "Black Cloak" or "Demon's Cloak" and Ex-mode is her Windurstian Minister outfit
    *Prishe gets a pallet swap
    *Prishe wears an Elvaan swimsuit
    *Amano's Vaan
    *Vaan's Tactics Advance 2 outfit
    *Gabranth's Basch disguise
    *Amano's Lightning
    *Lightning in a Guardian Corps based outfit

Download Content:

Outfits:
    *Helmet less WoL - free on PSN
    *Original SNES sprite Cecil costume - must purchase FFIV Complete Collection
    *Kingdom Hearts 1 Cloud costume - must purchase Birth By Sleep Final Mix (JP) or preorder from Gamestop (US)
    *Amano Tifa - must preorder from Amazon (US) or with the Dissidia Legacy Edition (EU)
    *Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth - PSN (JP & EU)
    *Aerith as an Assist character - must purchase Prologus
    *Squall's "Leon" costume from Kingdom Hearts - Free from V-Jump (JP) or with the Dissidia Legacy Edition (EU)
    *Laguna's Knight Costume - PSN (JP & EU)
    *Zidane's Cloak - PSN (JP & EU)
    *Kuja' Treno Aristocrat Outfit - PSN (JP & EU)
    *Yuna's X-2 Costume - PSN (JP)
    *Pirate coat wearing Vaan - Free from V-Jump (JP)
    *Aya Brea's costume for Lightning - must purchase The 3rd Birthday

DLC Music:
    * Final Fantasy I includes Battle Theme, "Airship", "Cornelia Castle", "Menu", and "Chaos Shrine" - Included with Final Fantasy Mobile (JP) or PSN (NA)
    * Final Fantasy IV includes "Golbez's Theme", "Giant of Babil", and "Zeromus" - PSN (JP and NA)
    * Final Fantasy VII includes "Crazy Motorcycle", "Electric de Chocobo", and "Birth of a God" - PSN (JP)
    * Final Fantasy VIII includes "Liberi Fatali", "The Landing", and "Shuffle or Boogie" - PSN (JP)
    * Final Fantasy IX includes "Fear My Blade", "Hunter's Chance", and "Rose of May" - PSN (JP)
    * Final Fantasy X includes "Boss Battle", "Assault", and "Final Battle" - Unknown
    * Final Fantasy XII includes "Clash of Swords", "Upheaval (the "Imperial" version)", and "Time for a Rest" - Unknown
    * Final Fantasy XIII includes "Dust to Dust", "Eidolons", "Fighting Fate", "Cocoon de Chocobo", and "Eden Under Siege" - Included with Dissidia Duodecim Ultimania -RPG SIDE- (JP) or PSN (NA)

System:
    *Assist System: Allows the player to summon a character in battle to preform an attack. The amount of times the play can summon the character depends on how much of the bar below the hp bar is filled.
    *Assist Lock: The characters you summon aren’t invincible, and if they get attacked they leave without performing an attack, and you don’t be able to use the Assist for a while.
    *Assist Change: A system where you switch in the Assist Character while being hit with a combo attack. If you use two Assist Gauge blocks you can summon the Assist Character and get out of the combo with no risk. But if you only use one block, the character will appear and take damage for you and you will go into Assist Lock. To use two blocks it’s L + Square, and to use one L + Circle.
    *Assist Charge: System where the Assist Gauge gets charged a lot when you counter while you’re in danger. If your Brave is low one block of the gauge is restored, and if your HP is low then it’s 2 blocks. For the latter you need to counter a HP attack.
    *EX Revenge: This activates when you attempt to block an attack by going into Ex-Mode. The background turns back and white and the opponent becomes very slow. This lasts for a few seconds and will not turn your character into it's Ex-Mode. Once Ex-Revenge is over your Ex-Gauge is depleted

Release Date:
    JP - March 3rd
    NA - March 22nd
    EU - March 25th

2. mokeyman q Traverse Town Homebody

Wait, you have to have a BBS FM save for Cloud's KH1 costume? I thought it was just BBS. Hopefully it'll be that way for the international version, at least.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

The things i'm most excited about.

-Kain, Tifa, and Lightning as playable characters.
    -Tidus' shirtless costume. Yeeeeeah boiiiiiii!
    -Bahamut and (new) Pandemonium stages.

Least excited about...
    -Having to own BbS FM to get the KH1 costume for Cloud.
    -The release date. Hopefully it won't keep getting postponed until finally an unclear release date is set up for a time after when many people believe that the world will end. (If it the world doesn't end then i'm gonna start a riot outside SE's offices. WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!?!?!?)

4. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Kain's EX Burst is awesome. You also forgot to mention that in this game there'll be an "assist" feature where you can summon another character to form bigger combos I guess or something like that.

That is just not the final fantasy way. If they set a date for release it can (and probably will) only go later from that original date...

5. Noise For Love and Justice

i saw the trailer on SE japan website...i creamed. its gonna be EPIC to play as lighting...i f-ing loved FFXIII <3

6. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

I present to you the subbed trailer

[video=youtube;zvpc25Jyb7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvpc25Jyb7U[/video]

7. Noise For Love and Justice

^YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i love dissidia, but if i may, i wish they had a better plot...it found the first one to be kinda vague. but i still loved it. and im pumped for this one!

8. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

For the record, I think it's meant to be vague. However, as I've mentioned, it seems to be a super-revamp of Final Fantasy 1, so I think this sequel/prequel/whatever will work out quite well.

9. Noise For Love and Justice

im sure the sequel will be amazing.
    i am very excited to fight in Orphans Cradle 8D

10. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I think it'll be great too. I never got to play FFXII, so I'm especially psyched for it.

11. Noise For Love and Justice

you should have! it was really good. i didnt have an Xbox360 so i borrowed my friends >D so im very glad to see lightning in this game!
    i wonder if Notics (correct name spelling?) is going to be in here too...i dount it..but i would love that good >D

12. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Really excited for it. I always thought the battles were epic in the original, so they're really kicking it up a notch with new characters and what-not. I hope someone will post the codes on here when it comes out so we can use the costumes. Hope it can be released soon.

13. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I bet he'll be one of the bonus characters in the overseas version.

14. StardustXtreme Chaser

It's good to see the game having a sequel, Nomura says this is the 12th War, so this could possibly be the story before Dissidia itself, or it might be a sequel and Cosmos brings everyone back.

New Characters rooster looks awesome, and a few characters Nomura wnated in Dissida make their appearance in here as Lighting and Kain appear in this as well as Tifa, in the FMV, we do also see Shanotto taking part as well as the Judge from FF12and from what Booby says, this could mean Vaan's the counterpart since he hated the Empire for Reks as well as said Judge being the one who killed him and framed Basch.

I'm also interested in the new fighting stages, Orphan's Cradle I suspect will be leapting from platform to platform but who Lighting's opposition will be, it's hard to guess but it's probably Barthdaleus since Lighting and her allies travel through Orphan's Cradle to fight him. Bahamut's probably goign to be where Vayne was fought or where the Judge's boss battle took place.

The new assist system is a ingenious idea, you could pair up your favourite FF characters and perhaps maybe, have a Warrior of Chaos assist you, who knows if every character will be available for either side.

Firion also has his fighting style completely redone from scratch.

And the possibabilty of using Dissidia save file is not mentioned or siggested., if it does happen and allow transfer, it'll be a bonus.

15. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

I don't think Noctic will be in for the sole reason Lightning never got in the first one (they don't want to reveal his moveset before Versus 13's release)

16. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

That's true, but they could use him as a promotional thing. Maybe you could access new things in Versus by connecting the PS3 save file to the PSP save file. It'd definitely be an ingenious way to sell both games.

17. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I doubt Noctis would be in the game. And like I said in the old thread before it was erased, this is probably set in the war before Dissidia and they may or may not keep going backwards for future sequels. Sucks if they ever make it to the first war since they'll have to come up with a reason for them to either keep going back or go forwards. Either way, I can't wait to see some more characters if there are any.

18. Noise For Love and Justice

the beauty of this game, is that the plot is so vague that they can just make more and more games with basically the same plot. im simply excited to play this wonderful game >D

19. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

A new scan of Tifa

[​IMG]

Her ex mode, burst, Ex burst mini-game and alternate clothes were pretty obvious so I'm not surprised I'm just glad that now that they have shown her artwork they can move on to new characters

20. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

[video=youtube;PvaEojzaZi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvaEojzaZi0&feature=related[/video]
    [video=youtube;33QHs5vBt4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QHs5vBt4Y&feature=related[/video]
    Lightning and Kain videos. Holy crap it looks awesome.