Kingdom Hearts II Do you think Atlantica should even belong in kh2 in the first place?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Labrys, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Labrys King's Apprentice

Like the title says.
    I honestly think it was a huge waste of time because not only does it lack story, but it didn't even belong in the storyline of kh2 in the first place! I hated the dull musical parts and most of all it didn't even affect the game in any way, sh it, or form.

2. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Well if it did have some magic, puzzle pieces (kh2fm) and other little goodies in it so if it was gotten rid of either that stuff would have been taken out, moved or a new world would replace Atlantica. I didn't particularly care for Atlantica. The music segments were alright but not too great imo. I think it being out of kh2 could open up possibilities such as a different world in it's place, which I would quite enjoy. I actually would have even prefered the kh1 style for Atlantica over kh2's music world it made it. To belong in kh2 I don't really know what to say. I think it isn't quite a good world imo. I guess it doesn't really belong there given all of this if all of the important stuff in it was taken care of.

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Well, when you think about it, are many of the worlds in the series really needed? I mean, yeah, Pridelands, Olympus Colleseum, and Land of Dragons were all fun worlds, but they're hardly necessary. The only Disney based world I can think of being relevant to the plot, and just a bit, is Space Paranoids.

Was Atlantica pretty useless, yeah. I didn't really get into the songs (except Ursula's Revenge) and it just felt like an idea that was just tossed in at the end to play with the new style (at the time for the series) of reaction commands. Whenever I play now. I get all of it done as soon as I can, and it's the only wolfed I consciously skip scenes through, it's much more of a chore than it needs to be, which isn't fun at all. The only reason to do it is to complete the journal and get the piece for the Ultimate Weapon.

tl;dr Don't pull on the string, or else you may unravel the entire sweater.

4. Indecypher Destiny Islands Resident

I think it might have been to not make you feel like a complete failure because there were still heartless running around, so they gave you one world where it's peaceful. It's Just a guess though, it's why in Left 4 Dead the campaigns aren't connected. People felt let down that all they struggled for was meaningless, although that was fixed in L4D2.

5. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

In my opinion, Atlantica's just like the Hundred Acre Woods, in KH2. You look around, and find missing things, which are needed to advance to the next part. The story didn't mean much. I think that Atlantica wasn't a necessary world, but it's just there to add a little extra. The music was kinda ok for me, not my favorite, but I didn't hate it either.

6. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I actually saw no point in it being there but I did like the song Ursala's revenge and like Tummer the journal is the only reason I did it.

7. Serenacake Traverse Town Homebody

I like the Hundred Acre wood though >:x. It was really fun.

Atlantica however - was useless. I hated the movement system in move games (more so khII than KHI) but the one that I would love to eradicate is the Pridelands.

8. 61 No. B

eh, I can't say that I like it, and I dread playing it and put it off as long as I can, but having played KH2 many many many times, I can't imagine playing it without Atlantica.

It's part of the game, it helps make the game what it is, as does every other world in the game. I don't really like Pride Lands either, but like it or not it's part of what makes KH2 KH2.

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I don't think it was a waste of time. I like that they do it. It shows how Sora and them would be out of the KH universe. It takes a break from KH.

10. Jin うごかないで

Truthfully for KH2 , No. You couldn't do anything at all. The atlantica in Kingdom hearts 1 was better though I still never liked either but Atlantica in KH2 was definitely a waste of time for me. Though I did enjoy preforming "Under the sea"

11. A Zebra Chaser

It's a nice change if pace, imo.
    Also, it gave us Japanese Donald singing

12. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I like mini games and disney music... so It was a nice break from killing heartless waaay better than the gummi ships

13. 61 No. B

I disagree. I think Atlantica in KH was a mistake, to this day I dread having to play that world.
    I would take a few painless songs over an entire world any day.

14. Sara Tea Drinker

I think Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts II really shouldn't have been there. They really didn't even explain the reason for the musicals in the first place other than: "There's no more Heartless, lets sing!!!!" Which really annoyed me because I actually liked Atlantica in KHI. That and I really didn't like The Little Mermaid storyline in the movie or game along with the musical, it just set my teeth on edge because I had to go through it to get an ending and they didn't really give you anything else to do in it.

15. Lucideffective Merlin's Housekeeper

16. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Whenever I start playing those minigames i always have to close the door so that the music won't catch anybodies ears and question my masculinity. This world was a complete waste of time it didn't contribute to the main story and just proved how adorkable Sora really is.

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

It just feels like a nuisance when I have to go there for spells and upgrades and stuff. Then again I feel like most of KHII is a nuisance so maybe I'm not the most accurate judge-*brick'd*

I really would've preferred a return of the KHI-style Atlantica. F#&k the haters, the controls were fine, and it was a welcome break from the norm at the perfect time.

18. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

Not in the form that it's in, definitely not. I think the singing b.s. should've been an extra minigame to maybe do after the real story in Atlantica. I actually liked Atlantica in the first game and they probably could've done some cool things with the underwater combat in II. I just hope they bring it back in normal form in III.

19. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

I did it for completing the journal. for nothing else.
    Honestly, as much as I love KH2, Atlantica was just such a waste.