Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3/360)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 21, 2012.

1. libregkd -

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

So a fully fledged sequel/spin off or a kind of expansion to the first game?

I wonder what will be included to warrant a purchase, as much as I love the first one.

3. libregkd -

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Those are some creepy enemies. I love when a game actually makes me want to fight the monsters they put in it, and yet also run at the same time.
    And you fight Death. As the Arisen, that's amusing.

5. libregkd -

6. Arch Mana Knight

Hopefully it comes as DLC too. I'd be willing to buy the full package but I'd rather not spend all that money when all I want are the extras. An infinite ferry stone sounds really cool though. And apparently it's 100,000 rift crystals. That really isn't a lot considering that the Premium Ring(which is useless) is worth like...3 million.

7. C This silence is mine

Infinite ferrystone? Sounds OP. I've wanted to go back to Dragon's Dogma, and this might just be the excuse to do it. This does look like a pretty damn good expansion.

8. Arch Mana Knight

It doesn't sound like there's going to be an infinite use ferry stone but rather infinite ferrystones. So I guess they'll be free and easy to gain? @-@ Or maybe it really is a ferry stone that can be used an infinite amount of times. I dunno.

New trailer.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/neilgor...ror-with-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-this-april

More new info. Apparently we're getting a third tier of skills and another tier of equipment upgrades. So now my characters can finally be more overpowered than they already are! Now I definitely don't need to worry about the fact that I didn't min/max my Arisen(killing the online Ur Dragon during grace period can be a pain).

Japanese trailer. It's longer. @-@ ...After watching it, it's easy to see that it has a lot of reused clips from the original game but there's some new stuff that isn't in any other trailer!

9. Arch Mana Knight

Bump. This came out Tuesday. I just beat the Dark Arisen storyline today. I thought the original game was pretty damn epic with its last battles but this just cranks it up a notch. There's a lot more story this time around within the new island.

One side note, don't even attempt going to the island until you've completely beaten the game's main story and get into New Game +. Preferably you should wait until you have at least 100 hours into the game. XD

Basically, an Arisen is supposed to fight "god" after defeating the Dragon. If you beat the god, you must replace him/her. If you lose, you become a dragon. Basically, that's what happens to one Arisen in the Dark Arisen storyline. It's not the same dragon(I think) as the one you're supposed to slay in the main game. The person who became a dragon had a loved one who became Arisen after she was transformed into a dragon. His Pawn takes her form and they become lovers or something. He goes out to slay the dragon thinking that's what killed the previous girl and when he meets up with the dragon, he's forced to choose between slaying the dragon, who used to be someone he cared about, or sacrificing his Pawn so that the dragon will simply leave.

The guy doesn't like that and gets angry. He wishes that he could destroy everything and end the cycle once and for all. Without thinking about it, this means he had made a wish to the dragon. So the dragon kills his Pawn anyways and turns him into a monster. Aka the "Dark Arisen" known as Daimon. Killing Daimon allows his spirit to find peace with the woman he loved. His Pawn. @-@ ...Or...the previous woman. I dunno. I need to read up on that.

Oh and I was level 200 during my whole time on the island. I breezed through some of the old and new monsters like they were nothing. But as I got further in...well things got tough. Daimon and Death both seem to have about the same amount of health. Daimon's tougher because he actually has more than one attack. XD Death just puts you to sleep and one-shots you with his scythe. BOTH THESE BOSSES HAVE AN ASSLOAD OF HEALTH AND DEFENSE. Unless you bring a lot of items and/or have a min/max build...you're going to be fighting for a long while. But the music is ridiculously epic so it doesn't matter. Oh and the Daimon battle doesn't get boring because every once in awhile a voice speaks to you or he speaks to you. ...And he gains more attacks as he gets weaker. I think he staggers easier on his last two bars of health. I saw him kind of limping or struggling near the end. Tragic.

Despite the difficulty, there seems to be a few items on the island that are far more powerful than the highest upgrades of the best equipment of the old game. Oh and weapons you get from the Dragon are way stronger. ...And magick bows are stronger too. SO MUCH NEW LOOT. SO MUCH. AND IT ISN'T EASY TO GET EITHER.

10. Arch Mana Knight

So a good while later after its release, Dark Arisen is finally being brought over to PC. With Steam support, high res graphics, and all the graphical updates one would expect from a port. It's coming next Janurary and will cost $29.99.

Source

Not sure if I want to triple dip as I had bought Dragon's Dogma and Dark Arisen already and spent well over 200 hours on them combined. Still, good news for anyone who hasn't picked up this gem.

11. Arch Mana Knight

All the info of the PC port right here.

Preordering now gets you some sweet free goodies. A digital 300+ page artbook and a soundtrack(in both MP3 and FLAC). I think I should triple dip on this...if only for the artbook and soundtrack(and maybe mods?).

12. Arch Mana Knight

So this game is finally getting a PS4/XB1 release this fall. No details yet if there's any difference between this and the PC version but there probably won't be. Hopefully with yet another re-release of the game Capcom is gearing up for a sequel to this. I mean, the fifth anniversary for Dragon's Dogma is already here.

[​IMG]

Source