Audio D's Music Thread (Mostly Covers)

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by SoulboundAlchemist, Feb 2, 2014.

1. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Hello everyone, never done this before, so I thought I might as well...
    Bellow you'll find all the covers I've done. Please give me some constructive criticism, just bear in mind that I've ordered the list with oldest upload first, so I have improved over time (at least, thats what I've been told). Enjoy :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I've only listened to your covers of I See Fire and One Day More, since they're the only ones I know, but anyway, here goes:

I See Fire: I'm actually jealous of your vocal range. Did you also play the guitar part here? That was pretty good, too. There are a few moments where your two vocal parts don't quite match up, but overall it matches up pretty well. A bit of harmonizing with your parts would not have gone amiss with this song.

One Day More: Once again, I am jealous of your range. I'm pleased, though, that there is indeed some harmonizing in this song. There are several times in this song, though, where you don't quite hit a note and you slowly adjust to eventually find the right one. Add some layers that don't quite match with each other and parts where you start losing the tempo, and all in all it sounds kind of bad, honestly. A small note for when you do multi-part songs like this: It makes the song much more interesting if you have some sort of way to distinguish each character's voice from another's; otherwise it just sounds like a swarm of one person. Something that helps me keep on tempo when recording songs is to sing my part as I'm listening to the instrumental with headphones. I don't really have any tips for the mixing, though, since I've only been doing it for a little while, and never with so many different layers. I'm impressed that you were bold enough to try your hand at this song, but I think you need to practice it more.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but I really am trying to help you be better with the critiques. You do have a good voice and range, you just need a bit more practice. :S

3. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Believe it or not, I tried to do pretty much everything you suggested, the only thing I didn't do, was play the guitar for I See Fire. I really appreciate your criticism, and I hope you enjoy the other covers I did :D

4. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

OK, I just uploaded a new song, hope you all enjoy!

5. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Another new upload, hope you all enjoy!

6. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

New cover! Tell me how I did!

7. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

New Cover! Tell me how I did!