Kingdom Hearts End of the world, the best KH world?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by DanceWaterDance, Apr 8, 2014.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I was thinking about it, and IMO End of the World is the best KH world. Everything is perfect, the design, the theme, the heartless, Ansem. You got the impression that's REALLY dangerous and the heartless are a real threat. I absolutely love this world. What do you think?

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

~Moved to Kingdom Hearts because it's more toward KH1 than the games in general. Any questions, feel free to message me.

I do love End of the World, where you start is sort of barren and empty- kind of showing the effects of the ending. It's not my favourite world but it is a good one, like the many fights with Ansem and the fact you return to Destiny Islands and watch as your home gets torn up, sliced open right in front of you. It kind of just gives me a sense of total chaos.

When you are in the complete darkness as well, that's great for representing Ansem's power.

Also, when you are going toward the "final resting place" and you have to fight all those heartless, I remember there being a lot of them, they felt endless because I was underleveled and having major problems fighting them. But I liked that as it gave the heartless more power and showed that they weren't push over creatures.

3. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

I really love this world, too.
    It's one of my favourites. (Travers Town and Twilight Town are my favourite worlds as well).
    I just like the music a lot and I like the atmosphere (and of course that scene with Roxas and Riku, this was amaaaazing).
    I also like how you can climb on those skyscrapers in DDD.

4. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

That's The World that never was, no End of the World

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Should have named this "What do you think is the best world".

TWTNW is the best for me.

6. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I second this. And I like TWTNW too, but I like twilight Town more.

I kinda like The End of The World too, especially how it brings you to every other world you have been to. The entrance bothers me a bit though, I hated how I kept running into invisible walls, but the heartless here were incredible in terms of design. The music was great, and so was the atmosphere. Overall I think this world is more of an above average world for me, but it is really memorable.

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

It was a maze. When you encounter a wave of heartless that's what the area looks like visible

8. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

m... you got your point.

The End of the World has indeed a great game design, awesome music and bosses. Maybe the best original world from the first KH.

Sill, I really loved TWTNW,the hi-tech/skycrapper design, the nobodies, the climb until the top, the final boss and all it's forms.... That was great!

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Hollow Bastion is my favorite and imo the very best in the series, but End of the World is a solid second to that. There's a really fascinating segment of that level that looks like an offshoot of the Heartless factory... The writing there is trying a little too hard to be meaningful, but the setting itself always intrigued me. Considering it comes after the fragments of previous levels, it seems the implication is it's a part of Hollow Bastion, but it never appears again as far as I know.

10. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

Traverse Town is my favourite.

Remembering the first time playing through Kingdom Hearts, Traverse Town just had this welcoming and cosy feeling. Also because Squall was the one of the first characters you meet.

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

End of the World was the best world...in KH1. Aside from the great portrayal of it actually looking desolate, and barren with life gave it that rich sensation that it is indeed the where the end of all worlds eventually meet. Aside from all that it's the best because I mean....power leveling. :P (Not including Hades cup)

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I generally liked The End Of The World, but I like exploring and it was probably the most linear world in that game.

Hollow Bastion takes the cake for me. Well except for the fact that they make you come back on a harder gummi route so that you can beat one boss that barely qualifies after what you went through the first time. But, the world is just so interacttive and expansive that it just begs for you to try and find it all. And it rewards you at every turn for you efforts (often with gummi pieces, but hey they can't all be keyblades and puppies).

13. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

I also loved the End of the World. It was a little more linear, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it. The sense of chaos, awe, and clash of every other world really made it that much more memorable. The snowy kind of ground effects and the sounds coupled with the music was hallowing at some points, and the boss fights and really serene, quiet, and somber atmosphere made you feel like you really weren't supposed to be there, and going into unmarked territory. Loved it.

14. Willis Haughey Merlin's Housekeeper

The World That Never Was definitely made me feel it was more of a Final Fantasy game than a Disney game. It had a darker, more foreboding feel to it that I really enjoyed.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

Twilight Town was my favourite. The music and the visual graphics itself made it feel very much like a "hometown" in my opinion. The end of the world was a fantastic world itself too, but hey you can't please everybody right?

16. 61 No. B

I disagree. For me, End of the World isn't fun. Too much walking and not enough action. It's only useful in post-game when mining for materials.
    Traverse Town is my favorite, if only for that soothing music.

17. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

Me too! It's the best place in KH.

18. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

To be honest, I'm having difficulty on which final world in the games is the best, but I would say that The World That Never Was is my favorite. A city-like area that is full of heartless, The castle which is the base of Organization XIII and is full of nobodies, the adventure going to the highest point in the castle to face Xemnas, and the music.... No wonder I kept going there when I want to level up more.

That doesn't mean that End of the World is lame. The eerie atmosphere and music, and the number of strong heartless makes me scared to go any further because of it.

19. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

My favorite world is Traverse Town, but End of the World probably isn't far behind. Between that and The World that Never Was, I feel it's the stronger climax. KH2 is just way too drowned in cutscenes that it kind of takes away the atmosphere in terms of gameplay, when half the time you're putting the controller down to watch a movie.

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

End of the World has the best music, honestly.