Birth by Sleep Everything On Keyblades

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Radiowave, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

ok...this covers it all: (feel free to put in some input) but i decided to dedicate this thread to the types of keyblades present so far in the kh series...i dont know about you, but im as confused as hell:

Incomplete Keyblades?
    Keyblades with two halves, that might possibly equal one whole as far as we know, the only existing keyblades like this could be:
    -Kingdom Key
    -Mickey's Kingdom Key (they both have the same keychain, yet they are different in color. Opposites, in fact. Is it possible that theres an all gold/all silver key out there) or will they ever connect? This is speculation, obviously...

Keyblades Created from "strong bonds"
    -Oathkeeper (im not so sure, but i think this keyblade was created by the paper paopu fruit kairi gives sora, which represents sora's strong bond with kairi
    -Oblivion? Its been said that this key represents riku many times, and its the keyblade gotten right before you fight xemnas with riku(if u stay in TWTNW, this should be the last key before u end the game)
    -Mostly any key gotten from a disney world...like wishkeeper (i think its called that) which has a lamp keychain which shows sora and his relation to alladin and possibly genie...should i say anymore

Fake Keyblades?
    -Princesses' Hearts keyblade: created by ansem...what i really dont get is that...if keys respond to the strength in someone's heart, then how was a heartless xehanort able to create one? I mean, i know it contains 7 hearts, but how was he able to bond them together into a key...that actually had the power of a keyblade?!
    -Ultima Weapon: Im going to stay a little away from this key since most ff games have an "ultima weapon" that has nothing to do with the plot...but still it goes here...

Keychainless Keyblades: several people have said that keychainless keyblades might make a weilder STRONGER, since it isnt bound by a specific chain...meaning it doesnt take a specific form...(so they say) others have said that it might make the weilder's key weaker, since a keychain might provide magical properties...the only people with these are Terra Ven and Aqua. (And possibly MX's apprentice since i couldnt c his...MX has one for sure...)

Timeless Keyblades: This ties in with the "strong bonds" keyblades. I noticed in the BBS trailer you see fenrir isnt that from sephiroth? Or cloud? Or Tifa? Why is it obtained 10 years later? how was it found??? and if this key existed b4 Tifa and Cloud's time, does that mean the other "strong bonds" keyblades existed sometime before Sora obtained them from having a special bond with that person...? i cant c oathkeeper or oblivion in the trailer but...it might be out there...

Dark keyblades, light keyblades, twilight keyblades...the list goes on...? Now that i think about it...are keyblades so special? And yes i do have too much time on my hands thanks for noticing...

2. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Yes you are... let me explain what I know. The main thing you are missing is the Keyblade takes its form from the keychain. The keychains are attached to the keyblade, not a newly created keyblade.

Why are they incomplete? The reason there colors are inverted is becuase they are from opposite realms.

Sora got his Keyblade from the Realm of Light, Mickey got his from the Realm of Darkness. Thats why they are opposites.

Oathkeeper: Ok, yes, it is Kairi's "good luck charm." The way I interpret that is that it is Kairi brining out the light in Sora, thats why its all silver and shiny and stuff.

Oblivion: Yes it represents Riku. You always get it after an important Riku scene. I wonder why it uses a black crown for a keychain.

Wishkeeper??? Ok, if your refering to the KH1 version, its called the Three Wishes, the KH2 version is called the Wishing Lamp. The reason that Keyblade is created, is because Sora used the lamp as a keychain.

They are usually called, psuedo keyblades. You missed an important one, Soul Eater, Riku's main weapon in KH1, and RE: CoM.

They are not true keyblades, but rather are imitation keyblades. Ultima Weapon is a keychain on Sora's real keyblade.

Ok, -USUALLY- if it doesnt have a keychain, its a psuedo keyblade. But, I believe Terra Ven and Aqua are keyblades masters, Terra for sure.

But, I would bet on the theory of keychains limit the form of they Keyblade. Why? Look at how Terra fights in FM+.

For every move he does, his keyblade takes a different form.

Ok, if your refering to the trailer where Aqua, Terra and Ven get pwned by Master Xehanort... then EVERY KEYBLADE IS IN THAT TRAILER!!! So all keyblade forms existed for 10 years, thats all the trailer tells us. Some people speculate that the trailer was symbolic.

Yeah. Only, I think KH2 kinda weakened thier importance. In KH1, there was only 1 keyblade. Then its an OMG moment when Mickey pulls out a second REAL keyblade.

However in KH2, Sora uses 2 keyblades, Roxas uses 2, Mickey uses 1, Riku gets 1, and even Kairi gets one (debatable if its real).

So yes, they are important. But they are getting less and less rare, as the trailer showed you.

Its ok, if we respond to your thread, we all do.

I dont think hes posting a theory, as much as he is asking what we know about Keyblades.

3. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Why are they incomplete? The reason there colors are inverted is becuase they are from opposite realms.

Sora got his Keyblade from the Realm of Light, Mickey got his from the Realm of Darkness. Thats why they are opposites.

Okay... that makes some sense, but I still find it confusing that two of the same keyblade exist.

Oathkeeper: Ok, yes, it is Kairi's "good luck charm." The way I interpret that is that it is Kairi brining out the light in Sora, thats why its all silver and shiny and stuff.

Oblivion: Yes it represents Riku. You always get it after an important Riku scene. I wonder why it uses a black crown for a keychain.

you said what these keyblades represent. but when u said that every keyblade has existed for 10 years below, does that mean the keys represent someone else too? or were they created sometime else...

They are usually called, psuedo keyblades. You missed an important one, Soul Eater, Riku's main weapon in KH1, and RE: CoM.

They are not true keyblades, but rather are imitation keyblades. Ultima Weapon is a keychain on Sora's real keyblade.

imitation keyblades? Okay, that works. But one keyblade was created out of hearts. Does that mean that if ur heart is strong enough a random person...(take goofy for example) could create a keyblade?

Ok, if your refering to the trailer where Aqua, Terra and Ven get pwned by Master Xehanort... then EVERY KEYBLADE IS IN THAT TRAILER!!! So all keyblade forms existed for 10 years, thats all the trailer tells us. Some people speculate that the trailer was symbolic.

how could it be symbolic?
    [/QUOTE]

4. Haseo Knight of Light

That keylade is made up of six hearts. *spoiler*Kairi's was still in Sora's body.*spoiler*

Soul Eater is just a sword, not a keyblade.

5. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I thought when Sora fights Riku in Land of the Dragons he sais, "A Keyblade? Riku?" I thought he said the same line when he fights Roxas.

In that battle, Riku uses Soul Eater.

6. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

No, no, no. Nomura said that there are as many keyblades as there are qualified hearts. And, according to Kairi's granmum, there were alot of them back then, but then something happened, and THEN they became a rarity.

It was symbolic. They each represent a fallen keyblade wielder. Count how many keyblades there were. Do you really think it would be worth the trouble to make 1000+ different keyblades?

Soul Eater is a sword with magical properties. Way to the Dawn is a keyblade. Soul Eater 'transformed' into a keyblade, according to Nomura, but he also states that the means by which this occurs is still unknown.

They're apprentices. Not Masters, Apprentices. Xehanort is a master. Probably DS is a master too. I'm guessing that the Keychain signifies that?

7. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I agree with everything u said except this: mickey's apprentice keyblade was starseeker. starseeker clearly has a keychain. Im going to take it a little farther and say that its not the people who were apprentices (well they kind of were) BUT its the keys that are "apprentices." If in bbs Terra Ven and Aqua are under MX's wing so to speak, he might have given them special keyblades to work with (maybe they cant handle the true power of keychain keyblades...?) I dont know... but its not above him to create one.

8. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I dont see how Sora could be a true keyblade master, yet Terra, Aqua, and Ven be only apprentices.

Sora doesnt even know what hes doing with keyblade half of the time.

9. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Maybe its like a Starwars Jedi Knight thing.

Jedi's were super elites who trained since being baby's into adult hood to be a Jedi Knight, and very few ever because Jedi masters. Then Luke all of a sudden in Return of the Jedi, calls himself a Jedi Master out of nowhere after training only a few months, and no one argues with him... since he is the only Jedi.

Since Riku, Sora, and Mickey are the only ones with Keyblades, no one can call them anything less than Keyblade masters.

Thats my theory.

10. Marlu[XI]a Destiny Islands Resident

It's not a keyblade. Seriously.

Its Riku's darkness welded into weapon form. Way to the Dawn is Riku's keyblade. And that line you're quoting was against Roxas, not Riku.

11. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

i dont know...i think it has to do something with the heart in which they gain they're ranking. As far as we know, Sora has the strongest heart in the kh universe besides xehanort, who managed to create a heartless with human appearance and thought. Sora doesnt know what hes doing half the time, but its been hinted that sora weilds the keyblade through his heart, not his ideas. If sora has been relying on pure instinct...which he has...just think about when he becomes a more expirienced keyblade master...I think he'll be strong enough to surpass Terra/Ven/Aqua by a long shot.

12. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

But if he is acting inexperienced and careless, as he has been, then he is not truly a master.

There are too definitions for master, one is simply "someone who has the ability to do something" Such as weild a keyblade. If we are going by that definition, then everyone with a Keyblade is a master, no apprentices.

The other is "One skilled and experienced in a field such as an occupation, trade, or science" which is definatly not Sora. He might be skilled, but is definatly not experienced.

I say the Jedi Master theory is the best. No one can tell Sora he is not a master, because only 3 people have keyblades. Unless you count Kairi, who had a keyblade for about 30 seconds.

13. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

actually i just recalled some info from my memory...

Xemnas: The keyblade...were it only in more...capable hands..." *everyone laughs*

Xigbar: Man has the keyblade picked a dud this time...

Im not sure if either of our theories are right because of those two quotes..."Keyblade Master" might just be a title not actually refering to someone's skill. All keyblade weilders...accept for kairi...are called keyblade masters in the series...although some are more masterful than others

14. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

My theory is supported by those two lines... the "Jedi Theory" as I will call it from now on.

15. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

u said that u think sora is a master because no one else says otherwise...i just showed two quotes in which people said "otherwise"

16. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Yeah... but they didnt have Keyblades... so therefore they have no right to say otherwise.

Also, look at what a joke Luke Skywalker was when he became a Jedi Knight compared to the others.

Han Solo, the Emporer, Darth Vader, and even Jabba the Hut dissed him on being a weak Jedi.

PS: You know I won the arguement when I start busting out Starwars on you!

17. Kingdom Hero Merlin's Housekeeper

is kairi's keyblade real I mean it said the keyblade chooses its wielder and riku just handed kairi her kayblade??????

18. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

19. P Banned

My personal theory is real keyblades were not made back then. Only the keychainless ones. Then MX found out how to make keychained ones, making them strongerin some way. (I like to think of it as harnessing the weilder's heart's true power)

The Graveyard of keyblades was a place of MX's failed experiments. The keyblade Knights go to fight him, after finding out about his experiments. (perhaps the experiments involved Sacrificing hearts for the keychain?)

Anyway, BBS happens, then KH comes along. Ansem Seeker of Darkness comes along, and swiftly makes a fake keyblade using the princesses hearts, as he lacked the tools to make a real one. (perhaps Kairi's heart.)

I did a really big thread on it. When this one dies, I might recreate it. http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=30872&page=15

20. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

Kinda old, but Roxas's sole existance proves this. He, who had not a heart to rely on, must have relied on something else, no?

... Oh, it's definitely real. Has a keychain and everything. And you should know, a Keyblader can choose if someone is able to wield their weapon or not. *Points at Sora going DW on Final Xemnas.*
    So, I'm guessing that flowery keyblade is Riku's version of Oathkeeper - His memories of Kairi. IIRC, the keychain for that one key was a Paopu.

I dunno... The Keyblade Graveyard was said to be a remnant of the keyblade war, each keyblade representing a fallen keyblade wielder... And then, all the other Keychains weren't made like that, they were just memories and good-luck charms and stuff... Terra's key clearly has a place to attach a keychain, but no keychain to attach to it.

*Shrugs* What I want to know is how it's possible to -split- a keyblade. Nomura said when Sora drives, and Roxas also, he -splits- the keyblade in order to dual-wield. I honestly, don't get that part. How is that possible? I mean, Terra shows it's possible to malform a keyblade to fashion many weapons, but to be able to split the keyblade into two completely different keyblades? Not even Star Wars logic explains that.