Fan Video Game

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by voltage, Aug 21, 2015.

1. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to the forums. Pleased to be among you. I've been looking for a community of fans such as myself to feel excited for a project I have going. I hope it's okay I make posts and updates here, because I know you all love this series as much as I do.

Anyways, I'm making a video game. I have no idea how large it will be in scope. I'm planning on a singular boss fight for now and perhaps more if you guys really want it. I have a large background, but I'll just let my updates do the talking for me. I hope you enjoy!

Update 1:
    [​IMG]

(In case embedded image fails).
    http://i.imgur.com/XQQlZjy.png

Please feel free to say whatever you like. Any sort of chit-chat is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

A little quiet here, I'm sort of surprised. Anyways, I'm still moving along!

Update 2:
    [​IMG]

(In case embedded image fails).
    http://i.imgur.com/gL5kKgD.png

Unlike other fan games, I won't be ripping a single 3d model for this. I may not be as good as the pros, but I think I'm good enough. I want to make sure everything in this game melds together nicely.

3. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

Hello everyone!

Update 3:
    [​IMG]

(In case the image script doesn't work).
    http://i.imgur.com/91es9m8.png

It's been awhile and this time around, I've got for you a few bits of news. First off, say hello to our first heartless Requiem! From this screenshot here, you can see not only is the Requiem model finished and in need of a skin, but he's also playable for the time being as programming the game mechanics are underway.

Along with our new baddie, we've also got a shot at our new gummi. A first in any fandom, the Valkyrie. This ship will serve you well as you travel the deep space missions.

In addition to this small news, it's also worth noting that 3 worlds are currently written up and hopefully more along the way. I think you'll find them quite nostalgic.

4. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

I know those of you who follow this thread have been patient and I hope this satisfies you until next week!

Update 4:
    [​IMG]

http://i.imgur.com/RSdn717.png

I'm taking suggestions for in-game content btw. If you want to incorporate some kind of influence. Here's your chance!

(Image links aren't working because of dropbox?)

Till next time.

5. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

I figured out the dropbox issue and all of the spoilers should work just fine without the links.

Update 5:
    Yikes! I won't rest until you have a quality game!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Unknown enigma character model was severely unfinished. I imported him to the engine and he had plenty of graphical errors. Now he's more refined and there'll be at least two variants! What could this mean for the story?

6. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

what program(s) you are using to make the game?

7. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

@sonali box

Wow, that is the strangest thing I've ever read.

@CaptainMIG

Blender, Gimp, Unity3d, MonoDevelop, Krita and MS Paint to crop up the photos. Thanks for taking interest!

I've transitioned my photo uploads to Imgur, so hopefully there won't be any image failures any longer. Stay tuned for Update 6!

8. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

Update 6:
    [​IMG]

All content is subject to change/additional mechanics to be applied at a later date.

9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Look at you go! You seem very passionate about this. Good job and don't stop! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

10. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

@Hexin,

Thanks so much! The comments are really encouraging! I think the community will be fairly surprised as further content unfolds, I can't wait!

11. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

Update 7: Heartless inbound!
    [​IMG]

12. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

Update 8:
    [​IMG]

13. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

Hello Everyone! I am back. Newer content is continually on the horizon and for this update I have a four part segment;

Update 9:
    The Enigma Floating Anim[​IMG]
    Enigma Leaning Anim[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am so excited to keep pumping out content for you guys! Gameplay is just around the corner, perhaps within the next 5 updates? Maybe longer as I will want to refine animation as beautiful as I can, as well as create a youtube channel. I'm hoping my content will reach the X-Keepers on youtube. If you've been following this, please put in a good word to them for yours truly. I'm always looking for more inspiration and you guys are my motivation.

I know there've been gaps between the usual Update time spans and I took this liberty in-order to keep behind the scenes content hidden. You can expect random drops for updates from now on, but rest assured hard work is always underway.

You can find my Imgur channel here for up-to-date images;
    Voltage114 on Imgur

Till next time.

14. voltage Merlin's Housekeeper

Conceived after week 1 in development. This material is saturated with spoilers;
    [​IMG]
    NINTENDO!!!! That's right KH fans, whether you can dig it or not, Disney is out and Nintendo is in. Many years after the defeat of Xehanort. In the far reaches of space begins a new Journey where our hero will traverse the lands of Hyrule and many other Nintendo Franchises! Stay tuned.