..::Fate of the Unknown::..

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Zaria, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Zaria Destiny Islands Resident

A few days ago I had the sudden urge to write, and this was created! ^_^ It's about the three knights from the secret ending ;)

(Yeah, I know, the name of chapter one is stupid >.> But I couldn't think of anything)

Chapter One: Bronze Battlefield

The clash of metal against metal rang inside my armour as I made my way deeper into the battlefield. I heard the screams of agony from the soldiers around me as they were cut down by the enemy, coloring the dirt ground a deep crimson.

An enemy soldier raised his sword over his head and charged at me, his war cry blending with the million others breathed into the air. I crouched low, and easily blocked his attack, and swung my weapon so it slammed his helmet. The soldier grabbed his head screaming from the sound vibrating through his ears. He stabled himself, and foolishly began to ready himself to attack me again. Spreading into a defensive stance, I stared at him with hard, unwavering eyes.

He lunged again, this time swinging his blade from the right, toward my side. I whirled around, easily dodging his attack once again, and placed my hand on his chest. His head snapped back in surprise, and his body stiffened. I saw blue coils spread out from beneath my palm and onto his armour. They writhed around like snakes, and as expected the soldier’s armor was melted away as if touched by acid. I heard a slight scream catch in his throat, and he fell over, clutching his chest and curled up in a ball. I jumped over his crumpled body and sped on.

I had to find Ven and Aqua. Before he found them first. I couldn't let that happen.

A flash of blue light appeared in the corner of my eye, and I turned unconsciously to see what it was. A short grin fell upon my face.

The female soldier had long discarded her helmet, and her blue hair stuck to the sides of her face with sweat. An enemy soldier approached her from behind, whirling a large hammer through the air. She ducked close to the ground, and with a grunt she kicked the other’s feet from under him. She ran fluidly, crouched to the earth, whipping soldiers away from her with her keyblade as she got up.

Yet another soldier attacked her, but his sword was in its sheath. He held his left hand in front of him, running stealthily at Aqua, dodging and jumping over everyone else around them. Aqua’s keyblade disappeared, and she ran at her opponent with wild speed. The man outstretched his hand, black and purple flames twisting around his clawlike hand, aimed at Aqua’s head.

Her own hand was there immediately to impede the attack. She held the man’s fist in hers with a strong grasp, even though it was bigger than hers. White smoke-like tendrils wound around her arm and encompassed her hand, reinforcing her.

A malicious smirk spread across the man’s face, and he forced his arm forward. His fist shook inches away from her faces, the dark flames eager to obliterate her in an instant. Aqua glared at him, blue eyes piercing. She swung out her other arm; the mage caught her wrist easily, bending her arm outwards. But instead of shrieking in pain, the blue knight smiled broadly, and glanced at both of their hands. The mage stared in disbelief.

The moment the man had been distracted in catching her other arm, Aqua’s magic had overcome his own. The mage’s fist shook harder, struggling against the knight’s new overpowering strength.

Suddenly, she pulled him towards her, and kicked him in the stomach, flinging him back into the surrounding throng of soldiers. The blue knight turned and met my eyes at once, as if she knew I’d been there the whole time, but her eyes were still aflame. Her keyblade appeared again, and she pointed it at me. A bright purple blast exploded from the end of her weapon and sped past me, centimeters from my shoulder. A strangled cry came from behind me, and a mage that had been planning to attack me was blown twenty feet away.
    I looked back at Aqua, grateful. She smiled with soft eyes, as they usually were, except during battle. Finally she stood in front of me, her facial expression cool.

"Did you find Ven yet?" she asked. Her breathing was perfectly steady.

I shook my head. "No. But we must, and quickly." My eyes became solemn. "He is near."

Wide blue eyes stared back at him. "You are sure?"

"Positive. I need you to help Hikari near the outside of the desert. She and her soldiers need help keeping the blockades poised."

Aqua nodded. "Understood." She turned to leave, but I caught her arm. She glanced at me curiously.

I hesitated before answering her inquiring eyes. "Keep an eye out for Ven."

The blue knight smiled slightly. "It would be hard to miss him."

As she set off, I called to her again. "Aqua!"

Aqua turned again. Humor slightly danced in her eyes. "Hai, Terra?"

I gazed at her a moment–her slim but strong figure, carefully crafted armour, her shining blue hair–before replying, "Be careful."

Her smile widened, and she broke off into a run, swinging her keyblade to clear the way for her.

I looked up at the bronze-colored sky. A single crow soared through the air, observing the battlefield. Its head seemed to turn to me, and I glared at it.

What if things are worse, much worse than we thought?

~~~~~~~~~

So, tell me what you thought :confused: If I get enough replies, I might write more to add to it

2. dancecat120 Gummi Ship Junkie

Interesting.

I'm a little confused and all but that is normal for me.

Like I said, interesting (I don't know if it's good or bad interesting yet)

But you should continue!

3. Shuhbooty moon child

OMG That was so awesome!
    I want to read more.
    I hope you continue it.
    I loved it.Great job.

10/10

4. Zaria Destiny Islands Resident

Yes T-T I'm sry; ......I kinda am a little confused too XD probably not a good sign; but I did write half of this at 3:00 a.m. >///<

Well, basically it starts with the three knights fighting in a battle against (guess who) Baldy and his soldiers. The knights were separated from each other, and Terra sensed Baldy near (I'm going to try and make up an intelligent name for him...soon ^_^")

So, um, yeh.... :D I'll try post more later, if I finish Chapter Two. But I have to go now T__T

5. Shuhbooty moon child

Keep up the good work.Cause I liked it,the words you picked from and stuff.I like it.

6. xiegin Destiny Islands Resident

Hey that was great keep up the good work hope to see more :D