Favorite Keyblade Wielder

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Mysty, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Mysty Unknown

So we have had many Keyblade Wielders come and go. I'm going to warn you this will be spoilers for those who have no played all the games.

Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Erquas, Xehanort, Yen Sid (kind of?), Roxas, Xion, Lea, Replicu, Data Sora.

We've had enough to find characters that we like and who use their keyblade respectively. I want to ask who your favorite of them is.

My personal favorite two or Terra and Roxas.

Terra is just that individual who knows he has a problem but he works his best to fix it .He doesn't really ever give up. Even within Terranort, he still managed to fight. Throughout the worlds of BBS, he made mistakes. He wasn't perfect. He tried to fix those mistakes though. Making mistakes is one thing, correcting them is another. Each time he also genuinely thought he was doing the right thing. He came across characters that weren't the best, but he didn't know them. He didn't have their story like we the players do. Sure he has darkness in him, but he didn't have to fear it. He could use it. Erquas kept saying darkness is evil, darkness is bad. But its not darkness that is bad. The dark isn't even bad. Riku says one of my favorite lines in KH. "It's not darkness we are afraid of, its those who are hiding inside it." I think if Terra went by that sort of idea, he could have learned to accept the darkness. He could have learned he didn't need to be pure light. It's those struggles he goes through that makes me enjoy him so much. I find him deserving of a keyblade definitely. He tries to do what he thinks is right. Protecting his friends was right. I thought him fighting Erquas was the most noble thing he did in the entire game. Logically, it doesn't make sense, but to the heart it does.

Roxas is that story of hurt. I don't think I could actually like Roxas so much if it wasn't for Xion. Roxas is the kid who had friends and they were just thrown away. He says in Re:Coded that the memories may go away, but the hurt remains. That deffinitly tied into his feelings for Xion and his loss of memories. Castle Oblivion was the perfect way to show Data Sora what true loss and hurt means. But he also was taught that the pain is something that keeps you remembering. It keeps you knowing that there is feelings for the loss of a loved one. If that happened to me, I'd be pretty pissed and ready to take down the organisation too. I honestly believe Roxas could have too. If he teamed up alongside Axel, they could've taken them down. That brings me to the point of Roxas's abilities. Can I just say I love his fighting style more than any other KH character? He uses light like no other. Even with all that pain and sorrow, he still can use light and not be shrouded by darkness. I cant get over how badass he his.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

With complete bias, I am definitely gonna go with Lea. Ever since CoM, Axel has been my all-time favorite character. I was so happy to see him resurrected in KH3D as Lea, but nothing could prepare me for the moment he summoned his keyblade for the first time. Just when I thought he couldn't be any cooler... BAM! He's got a keyblade, and the Axel/Lea fanboy inside me was screaming out of excitement, and I am really looking forward to see how he gets to use it in KH3.

3. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

I think two hold the spots for me. The first (of course) being Aqua. I admire her for her strength of will, her patience, her belief in her friends and the lengths she went through to save them. Secondly I think Riku holds a spot, especially after the events of Dream Drop Distance. I think he has grown so much as a character and learned the most over all the journeys we've had. So yeah, my picks are Aqua and Riku. :)

4. Misty gimme kiss

Aqua, no question. I think she has one of the most compelling and tragic stories as of right now, aside from Riku, but after Dream Drop Distance Riku's had a pretty happy ending (or at least, most of his darkness issues have been resolved, though I'm sure they'll crop up again in KH3). I suppose I'm just drawn to the self-sacrificing characters. Aqua is just a really powerful character -- she's an enormous badass of course ("My name is Master Aqua. Now return my friends' hearts or pay the price!"), I adore her fighting style as less brute force than other characters (Spellweaver man. Spellweaver), but she's also a phenomenally level-headed young woman with a big heart and strong morals. I especially like her major conflict in Birth by Sleep, where she has to choose between her friends and justice -- it's a conundrum and I think she deals with it really admirably. In my eyes, Birth by Sleep ended with the revelation that Aqua more or less ties together the story to that point (Dream Drop Distance of course added in a whole bunch of plot twists and turns :v).

Aqua and Terra are also the best ship in the KHverse. Fight me. Okay, Sora and Kairi are pretty great too...