Square-Enix FF: Type-0

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingdom_hearts_loverXX, Dec 30, 2010.

1. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

2. Patman Bof

There' s no turning back from the road that Fabula Nova Crystallis took, so maybe they plan to have another FF series getting back to the roots of the franchise ? That way they could satisfy both the casual and the hardcore players.
    Anyway, when members from the French FF forum that I use interviewed Shinji Hashimoto during the TGS (Toulouse Game Show, not Tokyo) they asked him about the "Final Fantasy XIII Haeresis" trademark. He didn' t even know about it and answered that SE usually trademarks a lot of things when they' re not sure what would be the most fitting title. However there is no "Final Fantasy XIII Haeresis" in the works and there never will be.
    Another trademark has been made quite recently : "Duodecim Prologus". It was trademarked AFTER Duodecim was anounced, so it' s not a reject title for Duodecim.
    [​IMG]

3. Arch Mana Knight

A spinoff?

[​IMG]

^ I'm hoping it'll be like that. ^

The Mana series started off as a spinoff of Final Fantasy. The original game was called "Final Fantasy Adventure" then a sequel was made that we now know as "Secret of Mana". Greatest RPG I've ever played. If it's a spinoff, I have high hopes. 8D

4. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Pretty much agree with Terra. Secret of Mana is one of Square's best work (Even though the English version was horribly rushed it was still fab). Let's hope they announce details in Jan.

5. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

I hope it's a spinoff as well,

Ya know, SE never suprises me to know that they can have tons of new projects going on, while still not finish with ones that are still in development. xD

Edit: Yea, I am so hoping this is going to be mentioned at their conference.

6. Patman Bof

A little more info about FFType 0 : there' a FFType 0 website now.
    http://www.destructoid.com/finalfantasytype0-com-is-a-thing-190700.phtml

Also, someone mentioned in a FF French forum that GRIN, a developer studio that doesn' t exist anymore, was doing a "Fortress" project for SE. When the team was disbanded SE got the project back into its lap. It' s supposed to take place in Ivalice. Maybe it became Type 0 ? Here are some artworks :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There' s many more, if you want to see them all just go there and click the "Afficher" button in the first post of the page :
    http://forum.ffdream.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=10923

7. Arch Mana Knight

There is not a website for Final Fantasy Type 0 yet. The domains have just been taken by Square Enix. Although this is a nice find.

I don't read French but I don't know how credible those pictures are. << Nice artwork though. It doesn't look like "regular" Final Fantasy designs from what I see. Reminds me a lot of Prince of Persia(2008). I'm almost hoping the artwork is of a sequel to that game instead. XD

8. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

My god that would be amazing. A lot of times games are announced that sound really awesome and I'll be like "Man, I hope this game is like ~insert highly praised cult hit game here~, because I wasn't interested in video games back then when it came out, but maybe this one will be like that!" That's never happened to me before. And really, what else can this be besides a spin-off?

9. Graxe King's Apprentice

"Fortress" was supposed to be FFXII, as in the third picture in your post there are the ghost-type monsters that are found in the game and Judge Gabranth in the first.

10. Patman Bof

11. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I would hope this type-0 thing is the makings of forming a new development team that uses the crystal tools to re-make the older versions of FF to the bigger consoles. Type 0 being the name of the project.

Of course, I'm just dreaming, and this is most likely just another lame attempt to appeal to western audiences. What I need is more NIER-esque storylines that aren't cut back due to budget and have good graphics, which is/should be cake for Square Enix.

However, their Fabula Nova Crystallis will go on. They've got it planned for a while. Sure, it kinda half backfired due to taking so long to release the games, the lack of steady ground, and the hate that was building up against Square by some fans. FFXIII was an average game that received that backlash due to being the first thing to uncork the bottle of hate.

Honestly, the best course of action for square is to re-make. Abusing those crystal tools to create amazing looking re-makes of games for PS3(handhelds maybe), that way they'll appease the angry fans, the revenue would be huge, from those crazy fanboys that have begged for {Insert favorite FF here} and the hate would be lessened. It's not a risky endeavor,

at least not as risky as Fabulla Nova Crystallis (or as costly), and Final Fantasy XIV. If they're so interested in making huge amounts of money, why practically go out of your way, with risky moves? specially when it's in your face that the fans want remakes on pretty graphics.

12. Patman Bof

That would be cool, but FFXIII straight line is living proof that they don' t have the skills yet to do that. How many years do you think it would take to model Midgard with the same graphics as FFXIII ? Twice as much as FFXIII ? Thrice ? They could go with the Resident Evil Rebirth approach, I' d be delighted, but for some reason most developers forgot that 2D could be gorgeous, they' d rather take the full 3D/cell-shading road.

13. Arch Mana Knight

As much as I'd want remakes of Final Fantasy games I haven't played or a remake of more deserving games from Square, *Cough*SecretofMana*Cough*, I think remaking games holds back progress. Final Fantasy XIII had a great storyline to it but us people outside Japan got a butchered version of the story because of horrible translation efforts.

Fabulla Nova Crystallis is a way to expand the series further than what we're used to. I think Versus XIII will be the greatest jump from your standard Final Fantasy game and it has the potential to be a massive success. Sure, it's risky but why play it safe when that gets Square Enix nowhere?

Twice as much? I highly doubt it. You can safely put the blame on the fact the game was delayed so much due to the fact that the game became multiplatform when it wasn't supposed to. It was constantly denied that FFXIII would not be released on anything but the PS3 but eventually they were pressured into doing so. There are a few other factors involving this but I'd say that's the main thing. << Besides, I'm sure the development of FFXIII has given them plenty of experience.

Anyways, what's wrong with full 3D? The most beautiful games I can think of are made in 3D. Cell shading is also great. D: Prince of Persia(2008) is probably one of the best-looking cell shaded games out there.

Back on topic...well, there's supposed to be some big meeting on the 11th of this month if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure it's mainly about the Fabulla Nova Crystallis series but maybe some information about this new project will be released. 8D

14. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

17. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

the name is pretty cool to me. Rumored that this is supposed to be another spin-off series. >.>

screens of gameplay look slightly like Crisis Core. :/

18. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

I hope everyone had already clarified that that artwork is from the FFXII series, because if you look closely at the first image, the man with a spear is actually a Judge. Quite possibly Gabranth too. I don't know and am too lazy to check of this was established in an earlier post, but I just want to make sure.

Also, I wish they'd at least release names for the characters, I'm tired of calling them by their weapons.

19. libregkd -

20. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie