Final Fantasy IV (Complete Collection) Help?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Jin, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Jin うごかないで

Okay. So I'm playing Final fantasy 4 , the beginning. I'm at the part where i have to get the earth crystal from the dark elf in the cave , but the cave has a magnetic field which stops my party from attacking a whole lot. And without the armour and weapons , I can't really get through the cave. So i need some suggestions like;

Which level should i be at for the characters.

what should i equip?

What items should i take?

My characters stats are here;
    ------------------------------------------------------

Cecil - Paladin.
    LVL - 24 | HP - 1154
    Equipment -
    (Basically i purchased all the mythril items for cecil)
    Mythril sword
    mythril shield
    mythril helm
    mythril armour
    mythril gloves.

[STATS]

ATK - 62 | DEF - 42 | Magic DEF - 10

---------------------------------------------
    Tellah
    LVL - 26 | HP - 495
    Equipment -
    Mythril staff
    feathercap
    gaia gear
    iron armlet

[STATS]

ATK - 18 | DEF - 8 | MAGIC DEF - 8
    ------------------------------------------------
    Cid
    LVL - 24 | HP -1070
    Equipment -
    Wooden Hammer
    Leather cap
    Bards tunic
    Ruby Ring

[STATS]

ATK - 57 | DEF - 17 | MAGIC DEF - 5
    ---------------------------------------------
    Yang
    LVL - 25 | HP - 1304
    Equipment -
    Lightning claws
    Flame claws
    Headband
    Kenpo gi
    Silver armlet

[STATS]

ATK - 61 | DEF - 25 | MAGIC DEF - 7
    -------------------------------------------------

Alright , i listed those because i thought they were most important. if anything else is needed please tell me. I need to know what level i need to be and what place i should grind at for XP to level up.

Please help me KHV.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

actually, what you need to do is go see Edward over back in the castle, get the leaf from him, keep all your armor on, go through the cave and run from any enemies, and when you fight the Dark Elf, you'll lose the first battle, but because you got the leaf, Edward helps you out and you can fight with all of your armor on

3. Jin うごかないで

Already got the whisperweed but if i feel i need to level up , which is the best place to do so?

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, if you want to level up, you can do it in the forest outside of the cave and above the castle, but they're not the greatest. I think the levels you are at should be fine, but if not, like I said, in the forest above the castle. But that place is great to level up after you get rid of the field. I find that training with 2 people, you can get them up to like level 40-something after a while. That's what I do anyways.
    But, since you haven't gotten that far, just train in the forest if you feel like you should. But it becomes really easy if you use Cecil's Paladin sword or whatever he got from Mt. Ordeals. I don't remember the specifics, but I played the game enough that I remember what was best and when

5. Jin うごかないで

so i should use the mythgraven sword instead of the mythril? because the mythril sword has a higher attack than the mythgraven. and do you have any equipment suggestions for cid , tellah and yang?

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

hmm, I can't remember the equipment at that part. The way I did things was just buy the equipment that put up the stats, and only put them up, or at the very least, get some that put up more stats than was lost, and used the optimize option. But yeah, use the Mythgraven sword, since that's a light sword, and takes double the damage out of the dark elf

7. Jin うごかないで

Okay , i defeated the dark elf and have the crystal , thank you for the help though. i would have never known the whisper weed was for that purpose xD