Square-Enix Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 14, 2011.

1. libregkd -

2. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Is this just going to be the same game but with better graphics or same game with better graphics and some extras?

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Hmm yeah that is a bummer that FFVII isn't the remake, but this is still very exciting news to hear! I wonder if they will redo some scenes...

4. libregkd -

5. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    From what I can tell, its not a remake, just an HD update like we've gotten for plenty of other games lately. Either way, this just seems odd to me. If they're going to do something for a Final Fantasy anniversary, they should wait until next year (25th anniversary of FFI) and do something like a compilation of the first 9 games. Its gives a shitload more content and makes far more sense because it doesn't alienate fans of the other games.

6. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

7. Trigger hewwo uwu

Since X is my favorite Final Fantasy and I no longer have a PS2, or the game, this makes me really happy. I can't wait to play in in crystal clear HD~

8. libregkd -

9. Patman Bof

Some added Dark Aeons boss fights (8), and one more ultimate boss to top them all. If you don' t max out (255) every stat of every character and forge some uber weapons you don' t stand a chance against them ... unless of course you don' t bother and just call Yojimbo to Zanmato their ass.

10. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

11. libregkd -

12. C This silence is mine

This might be the first time that Square won't fool me into buying some of their Final Fantasy crap. If they fix the sphere grid and remove the dark aeons then I might though, goddamn the dark aeons ruined that game for me and that sphere grid was so poorly executed.

If this really is just like all those other HD "remakes" then they should include FFXII as well. A horrible game with updated graphics? I have to get on this.

13. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Is this a Remake or a Remaster? I don't want to get my hopes up if it's not a re-make. I'm still thinking it's just being upscaled, but if it's a whole re-make, then I'll be surprised.

Also, maybe wishful thinking, but it'd be nice if you didn't have to buy both versions and just getting one would net you the other.

14. libregkd -

15. Chevalier Crystal Princess

16. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

I wouldn't put it past Square to not update the lighting and textures though may Sony is providing assistance in that? I also wouldn't put it pass them for having a trophy for dodging 200 lightning bolts in the thunder plains and considering the trophy whore I am I would probably go for it.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Bah, I don't see this as necessary at all. Hell, it's like a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. I find these games advanced enough.
    I guess since they're giving us the 'international' version, it's fine, but still...I would have preferred FFVIII. Or any other of the first 9 games.

18. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I don't think it's a matter of it aging well or not. It's about making profit from making it more accessible. It's way easier to give this game a few tweaks and upscaling, than getting any of the old games and putting them on the PS3/PSV at full retail price.

I'm thinking that they'll probably go with XII next or something. It would be nice to see full-blown remakes of some games, though.

19. libregkd -

20. Patman Bof