Square-Enix Final Fantasy XIII-2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Boy Wonder, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Full Article
    Most of my thoughts were pretty much summed up in the comments.
    Although I didn't mind the linearity of it, I hate how the levels are so narrow and straight.
    They did cut a bunch of material from the game, so if they do make a sequel, we'll probably see some of that.
    I wouldn't mind one sequel (still not done with the game though)
    I just don't want another FF7 Compilation.

I didn't play X-2, but it looked like one sequel didn't damage it like 7's sequels did, so if a sequel happens a "-2" is the way to go, in my opinion, not a whole new compilation.

2. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I personally think it would be cool to have a sequel or prequel to the game but I think it can wait until Versus XIII and the other games that they are working on to come out.

3. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

i think that they should wait for Versus to come out, because that could, and will in my opinion, have a better world and storyline that people would want to know more about.

4. mokeyman q Traverse Town Homebody

I'd buy XIII-2. However, Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII sounds like all the FFXIII people will want. From reading the Wikipedia article, though, Versus sounds AWESOME. (KH battle system ftw!)

5. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

They wouldn't even look at starting a FFXIII-2 before Versus arrived. Heck, i doubt they'll even make one since there have been rumours of FFXV. Though, i would like to see a FFXIII-2 since i love FFXIII.

6. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I doubt FFXIII will have a direct sequel considering there's two more FFXIII's coming with totally unrelated plots. Besides, there's the online game FFXIV (that's 14 right? Been so long since I've had to type it) coming and then there's all the other games they've got that those teams are going to make within the years the 7th gen after the FF's are all out. I think they might make downloadable content, a side game eventually or heck, even a mini-movie or full movie but I doubt they'd make a sequel. Though, you never know what they'd do if they get quality feedback and sufficient backing.

7. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Fabula Nova Crystallis isn't a game, it's just the name of the collection of FFXIII titles.

8. linna Merlin's Housekeeper

I think a FFXIII-2 would be amazing. I fell in love with the characters and they left the ending open yet closed. If they wanted to make a sequel they could, based off of Hope's quote "We've changed our fates before." But looking back you don't really need a sequel. You know what happens and why it happens, even if some of the facts are a little confusing. I know that right now their focus is probably on Agito and Versus rather than a sequel. In my opinion I think that this is a wonderful idea! We get three different stories that are still similar. If they do decide to make a sequel to FFXIII I would definitely consider buying it. They've created a very captivating world that I would love to play in again.

9. theogary Destiny Islands Resident

God I hope there's no XIII-2. Aside from the fact that I really didn't like XIII, it's just unnecessary to make direct sequels to Final Fantasy games. And they're rarely good, anyways. Crisis Core is the only part of the VII Compilation that's any good, and X-2 really eats. I never played XII: Revenant Wings (or XII for that matter), so I can't really comment on how good or bad it is. I'm still hoping that Versus XIII might be better than XIII was, but it's not really a sequel anyways.

10. Noise For Love and Justice

if anything, i could see a prequel.

because

since Fang and Vanille were involed in the War of Transgresion, i could see the game being all about their adventure and pre-war pulse

honeslty, i would love to see how EVERYTHING happend.

11. C This silence is mine

I would hope that they let that game die. And if they make a sequel or prequel or whatever then I hope they change the combat system, I actually like to have a say in how my battles end.

@Kitty: I know you said this four months ago, but why wouldn't they start working on XIII-2 before Versus is done? There are two completely different teams working on the two games.

12. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Personally, no.

If you liked FFXIII though, you would obviously entertain and potentially love the idea of having a sequel.

13. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

The combat system was one of the things i really liked about the game. A lot better than the older turn based styles. The auto attack made the battles boring (which is fine for grinding), but i usually preferred selecting my own commands.

Even so, SE have a solid line-up of games being released/in the making. If they ever planned to make an addition to the series then it would be a while.

14. Patman Bof

True, but let me tell you that the vast majority of French FF fans heartily vomit on FFXIII.
    In fact most of us think that the FF franchise is on a down slope since the PS2 era.
    FFXIII characters and universe are OK. They' re not the best out there, but still. However ...
    ... we really don' t want THAT. FFXIII gameplay sucks, and not just a little. Even the very first FF had a better gameplay. We' re still wondering what happened. Only six basic jobs ? Only the most basic magic spells ? One playable character only ? WTF ?

They' re speedy, that' s for sure. But tactical ? Epic fail ! :nono:

Well you backtracked to FF1, that' s even worse. We don' t give a flying f*** about speedy, bring back the materias or the FFT jobs ! :ranting:

15. Of Pride And Other Things Destiny Islands Resident

Whoooo.
    I simply loved Final Fantasy XIII.
    Loved it, loved it, loved it.
    The ending made me sad but it was poetic and beautiful; I would be satisfied with that being the complete end of that storyline.
    If they do make a sequel, I'll play it(albeit cautiously), but I have a bad feeling that with the kind of plotline FFXIII has, it'd be hard to match it in a sequel.
    If such a game is created, it's most likely going to ruin the first.

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

17. Arch Mana Knight

Read this on Gamefaqs yesterday. The same thing happened with Type-0. I'm not sure if I'd want a sequel or not. I kinda feel that Versus XIII will live up to expectations better than XIII did. That's just me. >> Lightning wasn't that great of a character, Fang was...eh, Hope went a little too far in wanting to kill Snow, and the other three were alright I suppose. I liked Snow and Sazh better than the rest of the cast. << Although Sazh seemed to have the best developed and believable character of the bunch.

If XII-2 stars Sazh then I'm all for it. 8D If not, I'm hoping for someone new because I'd be afraid of how bad it'd be if anyone else took over.

18. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Fans had high expectations for FFXIII and many felt disappointed with it. Best not to have your expectations too high for Versus.

I rather liked the characters and I thought Lightning was a great lead role, but I felt they didn't develop as much as they could've. They would need to expand on that.

And the thing is, if there was a sequel, it would still sell fairly well. Not as much as the first game but a fair amount. Fans would want to see more of it and I'm sure even some folk who said they didn't like it would buy it. It is an easy way for SE to make money.

I've always liked the idea of there being a sequel/prequel game. Like, the game is set after the events of FFXIII but will playback at points to the time of The War of Transgression. I'd really like to understand more about what happened prior to Fang/Vanille turning to crystal and what happens afterwards. Of course, being on Pulse, there would have to shops and a massive world to explore.

That's what I would like to see but I doubt anything like that would happen. D:

19. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

A Site has been registered under "Corporation Service Company" which is association with the Nier and FFXIII

finalfantasy13-2game.com (site's blank though xD)

20. mokeyman q Traverse Town Homebody