Square-Enix Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Jun 2, 2009.

1. rikusorakairiown Destiny Islands Resident

I've had a thought.

Since they're making cross data center travel a thing sometime this expansion do you think they might end up making it possible to have a cross data center KHV linkshell?

Like a CWLS on steroids.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I don't know much about how linkshells work (I know I can't start one on the free trial, but I can be added to one) but that would be super rad! Can't imagine data center travel will launch until maybe like... Patch 6.2? Feels like 6.1 might be too early, especially with the wild record-setting server traffic around 6.0's launch.

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

Personally I'm all for a CWLS if they let us make ones that are across multiple data centers. The release of the data center travel is going to be restricted a while to same continent stuff. So like, all NA together, all EU together, all JP together, and all OCE together (is that how you abbreviate Oceania? iunno).

If there's even a molecule of interest on trying to figure out if there's enough to make one, I know me and a couple others are on Crystal. It's just that most people on NA side are either in Aether or Primal.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail
    , the 7.0 expansion, will release this summer.

Some of the promised content includes:
    • New jobs, Viper (melee DPS) and Pictomancer (magic DPS), as well as the limited job Beastmaster
    • Female hrothgar as a playable race
    • The level cap increased to 100
    • New locations like Tuliyollal, Heritage Found, and Solution Nine, to the west of Eorzea
    • The Arcadion, an original 8-player raid series
    • Echoes of Vana'diel, a 24-player raid series in collaboration with Final Fantasy XI
    • Futures Rewritten (Ultimate), a new Ultimate raid based on the Eden raid series from Shadowbringers
    • Cosmic Exploration, a new lifestyle mode
    • A new Field Operations mode, similar to Eureka and Bozja
    • Two dye channels for equipment
    • A major graphics update (and a free phial of Fantasia for all players, in case they're unhappy with how their characters' appearances have changed with the graphics update)
    Additionally, Endwalker Patch 6.55 will release on January 16. The open beta test for the forthcoming Xbox release of Final Fantasy XIV will begin in late February. A collaboration event with Final Fantasy XVI will release in early April.

Also worth mentioning: back in October, the game's free trial expanded to include the second expansion Stormblood, allowing players to go all the way up to level 70 with no play time limit, so if you want to give the game a try, now's the right time!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024