Finding a Good Mechanic

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Sara, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

Alright, this might be in the wrong section, so sorry... :/

My mom is CONSTANTLY being ripped off by her mechanic. Gas tank at least half full when she leaves it and empty when it's returned, (twice this has happened now), calling and hanging up on her to prevent pick up of her car, (she works at home and knows who calls when,) calling once and hanging up, which she challenged both and he blew her off, this time they took three days to repair an hour job with a broken window and ignoring her concerns about having her car back so she can use it on the day they FINALLY returned it, and charged twice as much as the first estimate to have it fixed, and this isn't the first time this has happened, jobs not fully fixed (and this is the brakes, we got it back today and it still smells like they're burning when he said it was an oil leak, though they feel and sound repaired, despite his claims they weren't the brakes.) Hung up on when calling and asking for estimates, leaving early without calling her and hanging up on her (again) when the boss isn't in.

Not including he took my e-mail address without permission when I was interested in a scooter from one of his other owned shops and keeps on e-mailing me with hints to promote him and deals. Despite my e-mail back telling him to remove my address from his mailing list.

So yeah, I'm trying to find her a new mechanic, but this guy is sworn from hell and back again to be the best mechanic and most reliable service in the area by a ton of people. I seriously want to get her a better mechanic, we can't afford to keep on being ripped off by this guy, does anyone have any tips on what to look for?