Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by jiisan813, Apr 17, 2010.

1. jiisan813 Moogle Assistant

Probably gonna get a lot of bible huggers freaking out about this lol. As a Lesbian who is looking to someday marry a beautiful woman.. what are you're views?

2. SoraUchiha Traverse Town Homebody

Why the **** are people so offended by gay marriage-If a person loves another then what's the problem?

3. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I've got no problem with it. You wanna confess love, as long as you both agree than I don't give a care what your race, sex, class, etc you are.
    There are no rules when it love, why should there be a law about it.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

5. SoraUchiha Traverse Town Homebody

Law should have nothing to do with Love-There shouldn't be any Right or Wrong-There should only really be Is or Isn't...

6. Styx That's me inside your head.

So brothers and sisters should be able to marry if they're in love?

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

But that was his point nonetheless.

What about the case when someone loves someone who doesn't love back?

Or someone loves an animal?

Or a kid?

Or a video game character?

Or a pillow?

That's love.

8. Scott Pilgrim Banned

I support equal rights for homosexuals in any case. They've been waiting about 30 years for that and think its high time they deserve it. This mainly applies to jobs and financial issues that companies may have with homosexuals. You can't really hope for everyone to change. Obviously we were raised in a different time than say 30 years ago. It was looked down on and horrid to say "Yeah I'm cool with gay people. Doesn't matter to me" whereas now tolerance has become stronger for them. As a resident of Florida, a state that not only bans same-sex marriage, but all other kinds of same-sex unions, I can stand behind the fact that we are all entitled to the same basic human rights. We're evolving so all we can hope for now is that protest groups and unions can wait for some of the politicians to warm up to the idea or wait for replacements of said politicians.

9. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

We as a species have a variety of charactersrics and traits that are unique to us as individuals, whether it be political, religious or sexual. Our times change, as do our laws and politics. Surely by logic our sexual orientation should follow that trend of evolution as well.

10. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    Please Don't care about what those say about this

Don't let anyone and I mean anyone tell you that homosexually love is a bad thing. I may not be into that gay realtionship. But I really could care less if someone gay wants to get married. Cause the gay community are troopers in my eyes. They take a whole bunch of people's bs and still walk with their heads high. That's someone to look up to. And I hope that you do find that one that is really speacial to you. Just make sure that you only see her in your eyes. And she sees you in hers. Then you ave nothing to worry about. So go out there and find her. K.^^ ^^

11. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

The likes of which can't be answered in the brevity of a single internet forum. But I digress. If both parties consent and genuinely want to be married there's no reason why they shouldn't be. People are just weak and hypocritical, and the majority lie in the middle of the distribution when it comes to thinking critically and seriously about and issue.. Remember when women couldn't leave the kitchen? Well... not remember in the literal sense.

12. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

this is wat it should come down to....

if u love someone and they love u just as much back then yes they should be happy and able to spend the rest of their lives here.

this gay marriage ban is gonna be a repeat of another romeo and juliet.

darn it can't people get married?

the law should have nothing to do with it.

What's next? You have to get married by your parents choice? whatever happened to freewill?

*personally by then i'd rather marry a pillow then my father's choice. XD but thats just me ^^

and i hate to say this cause its so sterotype but a couple of my close friends are gay. and one of them got preposed. Unfortunately they can't get married in MO. Looks like tyhey have to get married in another state which sucs. I feel so bad for them. Just because they're gay some ppl want them to be unhappy! DX

13. SoraUchiha Traverse Town Homebody

“Forbidden pleasures alone are loved immoderately; when lawful, they do not excite desire.â€

Karl Kraus​

14. ^_^zexion's real wife^_^ Traverse Town Homebody

it don't matter if your a boy or girl girl love a girl boy love a boy still they have rights to be with each other even if their gay lesiben or not.

15. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ethically, there is absolutley nothing wrong with it. Sure, it's not natural, but Human Beings have made their living out of "defying" natural process, so why do people have this problem? Moreover, why is it illegal over there? We have no problem with this kind of crap over here in Britain.

I don't know why I ask, because I know that laws (and quite a few morals in general) in the US and Europe take foundation from Religion, in particular Christianity, and the general religious opinion is that homosexuality is wrong. (Which in itself is mostly unfounded as nowhere in the Bible does it state anything that remotely resembles "God says homosexuality is wrong")

To be fair, when these laws were established, it was a whole different era, being significantly more "god-fearing" than modern society, so would base more and more law upon what the Bible preaches... having said that this is 2010. What was applicable 100-200 years ago doesn't make sense in todays world. I didn't have to practice Longbow at the age of 14, and I'm fairly sure that Texans don't bring their Rifles to Church for protection against invading Indians.

Times change, and it's high time that the law in the US realized that.

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

But it is implied.
    "Or don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortioners, will inherit the Kingdom of God."
    1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    The King James version actually used the phrase "abusers of themselves with mankind.:
    And 1 Timothy 8-10
    "But we know that the law is good, if a man uses it lawfully, 9 as knowing this, that law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for homosexuals, for slave-traders, for liars, for perjurers, and for any other thing contrary to the sound doctrine;"
    And again, the KJV uses the phrase "for them that defile themselves with mankind."
    So it's saying that homosexuality is going AGAINST God.
    To me, it seems like that was a biased intrepration/translation error to replace the phrase with homosexuals.
    Of course, I should read the whole book, instead of those particular verses to make sure I'm not taking it out of context which is a big problem with bible readers.
    We have the amendments. Which were made to keep the laws up with the times.
    So back then, there were politicians who actually thought "Times are going to change, we need to make sure the government does as well to better rule its people."
    Unfortunately, politicians now disagree.

17. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

I agree. Between that translation and the KJV, I can see only a bare correlation between the terms. "Mankind" in biblical referance is usually an umbrella term for the whole human race, not just men. You would be suprised just how many times quotes like that are taken out of context, my main example being the destruction of Sodom. I haven't read the whole Bible myself, so I admit, there's probably something I've missed, but nothing stil suggests this to me .

Huh, go figure. I can't say I'm an expert in the field of US Law, so forgive my ignorance of the Amendments. I've gotta give more credit to past politicians. Either way, if Modern Politicians aren't realising this, then my point still stands.

18. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

Shouldn't gay people be able to get married not giving a damn what people think or say? (that includes the goverment) Gay people have been through enough. they were in the holcaust and been in all kinds of toture.

I say this let them be it's a free country.

19. SoraUchiha Traverse Town Homebody

*HUGS mANDY* i AGREE-Nodody-And I mean NOBODY should let the government-or anybody for that matter should dictate how or who one loves!!

20. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

Well yeah. I mean it's like this. Gay people haven't done anything but be there selves right?

And everyone's different.