Gen III internal battery

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Loxare, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

My Pokemon Emerald battery died. I can still play the game, but any and all attempts to grow berries will automatically fail. I can also only go into one half of Shoal Cave. It's a minor inconvenience, but still annoying. Does anyone know where I can send it to get the battery changed? I found tutorials online on how to do it myself, but I have zero experience welding and don't want to break my game.

Any suggestions?

2. jafar custom title

Get a new copy or emulate it on your PC. If you emulate, then you never have to worry about the battery dying. And you're legally allowed to have the ROM on your computer because you already own a legal copy of the game.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Pretty much this.

However, be wary of where you download it from, as many sites have bad Roms that say the internal battery is dried and won't let you save.

4. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I can't find any other copies. They're pretty rare now. I also have zero room on my computer. Any other suggestions?

5. jafar custom title

Those are pretty much your only options. It's worth making some space though for an emulator and ROM. They don't take up much space.

6. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

So, I can't fix it?

I was going to wait until I got my own computer to install an emulator. Putting it on the family computer might cause some problems with my parents...

7. jafar custom title

I'm pretty sure if you welded it or something. there's probably a tutorial on how to somewhere out there.

And if it's a family computer, that's understandable.

8. Mysty Unknown

Happened to a friend of mine and is happening to my Ruby version. She just sent it into Nintendo and got it repaired.

9. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Did she say how much it cost? I might need to save up.

10. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I think that the only options you really have are buying a new copy, on Amazon UK it is £11.98 for a used copy and on the American store it is $31.95. I don't know how much sending it to Nintendo would be, if they still do it. Really an emulator is a pretty good option as they are only a few KB and the ROM itself is small.

11. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Thonks for the help guys. I found a method online wherein you can use electrical tape instead of soldering it. I'll give that a try and if that doesn't work, I'll try emulating.

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Glad to be of service. Also, you sorta helped me by finding that method because my Pokémon Emerald died as well xD

13. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I think that happened with just about every Pokémon Emerald game...

14. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

But only if it's the same version as the one you own. If you only own the US version and download the EU ROM, that's illegal. Also, you might want to find a way to dump the contents of the cartridge yourself. That way you can retain your save file and everything. I know there are adapters to do this, but I'm not sure of how much they cost.[DOUBLEPOST=1359563586][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It didn't happen to mine. Then again, I sold it about a month ago because I really needed the cash, so it might have died sometime between then and now.

15. jafar custom title

Meh, if she doesn't mind pirating, then it's not an issue. I was just saying it was legal if she owns it. And if it's the same edition, then there's no issue anyways. Especially if she doesn't mind losing her save data. Plus, shelling out cash for an adapter for only one game is really pointless.