Grimes - REALiTi

Discussion in 'Music' started by Misty, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Grimes dropped this little bomb on her tumblr this morning -- a demo from her lost album. After the success of Visions in 2012, the follow-up album promised a more mainstream sound from Grimes, as she dabbled in the industry and ultimately wrote a song for Rihanna. Fans were upset and accused Grimes of "selling out," and she in turn trashed her album. It's since taken on sort of a mystical quality (she posted this as a demo from the "~ the lost album ~").

I'm really digging REALiTi, I actually think it's a return to what we heard on Halfaxa rather than a more 'mainstream' sound, a great blend between Visions and her earlier influences (though undoubtedly cleaner and more accessible). I love the video too, exactly what I'd expect from Grimes. Given the positive reaction to the release, she tweeted saying she'd try to re-record the song and would consider it for her new album, but made no promises as she feels she has better in the pipeline.

I support her decision, as an artist, to toss whatever she's unhappy with, even if REALiTi makes me even more curious to hear the lost album, but knowing that she's working on better gets me hella pumped for whatever she puts out next.