Support Having some troubles with the new KH Days videos.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Evilgidgit, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Evilgidgit Merlin's Housekeeper

Hi, there.

A few days ago, I downloaded three of the KH 1.5 358/2 Days videos in the available .avi format. However, when I tried to upload them on Windows Movie Maker 2.6, I got a weird error message: The required codec was not downloaded automatically because the Download codecs automatically check box is not selected in the Options dialog box.

I've looked around the internet but this problem apparently only applies to videos after they've been converted into another file. Could someone help with my troubles?

2. Misty gimme kiss

In my experience Movie Maker just doesn't work well with AVIs in general. I don't know if it accepts MP4s but you could give them a shot. If not, you can try to covert the files to WMV. Any Video Converter is pretty easy to use.

( sorry for typos posting from my phone )

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yeah, Movie Maker doesn't work well with AVIs, and I know for sure it doesn't accept MP4s (I tried myself). Best thing to do is convert your vids to WMV, unless you can get a better alternative to Movie Maker.

4. Evilgidgit Merlin's Housekeeper

Thank you for the help and I'll follow your advice. However, it's strange. I have DDD videos which are .avi and they work fine on WMM.