Help with Emuhaste, PCSX2, and KH2:FM+

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Dopples, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dopples Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm currently using the PCSX2 beta 1474, as well as the official 0.9.6. Now, at first I attempted to insert these codes as patches, but as that failed, I learned of a program called Emuhaste via a post on the kh-vids.net (Shown here). Now, I downloaded it, and ran it just like that guy said, but nothing in game is affected. Specifically, the codes I'm trying to use are:

I've configured emuhaste so that it can find my .exe perfectly fine, but I still can't get it to work, so any help would be apprecated very much ^^ Thank you.

Also, I also tried this code;

...for the original Kingdom Hearts, and again, nothing happened. Anybody able to tell what the problem probably is? Might reinstalling the emulator help?

2. Toshi Banned

3. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

yup Toshi gave u the correct link tht or ur version of the Emuhaste doesnt support ur version of Pcsx2 rght oh an btw is ur version in English or sum otr language........??

4. Dopples Merlin's Housekeeper

Um, my version is mostly in Japanese, does that have something to do with it? I got it from JLHack7's tutorial, but I omitted the RenegadeEx part. Maybe a new version of emuhaste is needed then?

5. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Sorry, emulator talk isn't allowed. Someone close this.

6. Toshi Banned

If someone's gonna close this, then he must close all the other threads in the code vault section that talk about emu codes.
    That, so we understand each other.

7. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

well yea JL's tutorial is in japanese wait ill give u tha English Patch and i assume u r using pcsx2 0.9.6 rght....??

oh btw here is the patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?jk1fykhjnzm open the Emuhaste+ within it.
    oh and yea btw Toshi does have a point there.............

8. Dopples Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, I got some of the codes to take effect by switching to the emuhaste you posted, but only the codes affecting items and abilities. Moveset and character change codes still don't work for me. Could it be a conversion issue?

9. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

hmm well all tha codes work fr me and yea u have to learnm how to use Emuhaste properly first lke goin to :
    Select Emulator = PCSX20.9.6 .ini carey 3/20/09 an select tht since tht works tha best and then when tha game starts press read Ram and then enter tha codes in tha empty space in the left side and jus click patch Ram btw no need for joker in tha emu since even if i use joker tha code gets activated even with out me pressin tha jokers so yea

10. Dopples Merlin's Housekeeper

That's what I've been doin', and nothing's happening. I've also tried changing the .exe used to the 1474 beta, and it still accepts the weapons+abilities, just nothing involving movesets or character mods.

11. Toshi Banned

Try using an older version of PCSX2, like 0.9.4
    I don't think emuhaste is fully compatible with 0.9.6, but I know it works for 0.9.4 .

12. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

yup follo wht Toshis sayin ver.0.9.6 insnt completely compatible with emuhaste yet so yea

13. Dopples Merlin's Housekeeper

Ah, that's explain it. I think I'll wait til at least 0.9.6 is supported fully then, thanks for the help regardless :)

14. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

hey np anytime :)

15. Graxe King's Apprentice

In Notepad, open PS2_pcsx2 file. Then change the process name to pcsx2 0.9.6.exe and save it. See if that helps.

16. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

hmmm no probably wont work since tha Base data and tha adress data is different but well most of tha coeds i run with Emuhaste works though it does takes a few re tries..... :P

17. Dopples Merlin's Housekeeper

Trust me, I did that, and the most I was able to get was the weapon codes to work. The character/moveset modifiers still don't work.

Well, an update. I was running some Infinite Drive codes to see if they worked, and when I got to the part where Sora first obtains Valor form, when I left the cutscene, I found myself in control of Roxas. A bit suprised, I found I couldn't change my Valor Form weapon (Didn't try changing though out of fear of breaking the game.). It worked fine for the following few cutscenes until I got to Hollow Bastion, where the game hanged at the opening cinematic.

Reloading my save out in the space area, I re-entered and skipped the cutscene to find myself in control of Sora again. I attempted to reenter the Play as Roxas code, drive into Valor, and then drive out, but the game froze. Can anyone think what caused it?

18. Toshi Banned

Maybe as I said before it is because emuhaste is not fully functional with 0.9.6 so bugs appear when using the codes.
    I don't really know much about hacking in emulators, so I'm not much of a help now.

19. chargedcloud Twilight Town Denizen

Um i need to know how to load up an NDS file on Emuhaste IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE

20. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

sorry but u cant load a NDS file on emuhaste the best software for tht is Haste DS and here is the link if u need it :) http://www.mediafire.com/?hzbqgziomzt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.