Sony Horizon: Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 16, 2014.

1. libregkd -

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. Fellangel Bichael May

Man the art has a strong vibe of "Monster Hunter." Very intriguing having these mech like animals. I'm very excited to hear more about this game.

3. libregkd -

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  4. Misty gimme kiss

Probably my favorite unveiling at E3 this year. Totally new title with an innovative setting and a female protag. Sign me up.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

Day one purchase? Day one purchase.

6. Misty gimme kiss

I rarely buy new games and of course I'll wait to see a bit more about Horizon before putting in a preorder (which I don't even think they're taking yet), but part of my E3 livetweeting...

7. libregkd -

8. Hayabusa Venomous

For them to introduce a brand new game that isn't part of an existing franchise, AND FEATURE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOR A DECENT BIT OF TIME, I'm really really excited to play it for myself.

Probably won't pre-order (no incentive for me on consoles usually) but I definitely want to play it immediately.

9. Misty gimme kiss

That's really why I'm placing it as my favorite thing at E3 this year: it's an entirely new IP. Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped about the FFVII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Battlefront, but they're established games or series. That's awesome and I'm excited to play them, but gaming lately feels like it's all sequels and remakes and remasters and reboots. I want something completely fresh.

We talked about it on a podcast episode once, why people preorder these days. In the past it was a question of availability -- if you didn't preorder something, you might not be able to walk into a shop and get it day one. That's not really an issue today. My past preorders have been limited edition deals, where you get goodies for preordering, and I'm happy to do that if the extras are worthwhile (and especially if they come at no cost). After dropping $80 on a preorder for The Order 1886 I'm a bit skeptical about limited editions for new IPs (which, for the tangential record, I still have mostly positive feelings about the game). But if I know I'm going to buy Horizon day one, I say to myself "oh, you might as well preorder." But there's no real reason to preorder. It's just this weird conflict I and the gaming industry sort of has, why are preorders still a thing. I'm rambling.

10. libregkd -

11. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It kinda reminds me of Heavenly Sword (but a lot less glitchy and way cooler). Definitely one of my most promising games of E3, though I've learnt to keep the hype down. The game looks gorgeous and I'm really loving Aloy's design.

And do I detect Ashly Burch's voice or do my ears deceive me?

12. Misty gimme kiss

It was bothering me during the stream that I couldn't identify the voice, but I've read others saying it was Ashly Burch too. Haven't seen anything official but I would love if it was her!

13. libregkd -

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  14. libregkd -

15. Trigger hewwo uwu

I remember hearing about this game a couple years ago, and I'm really glad to see it finally. I love the setting and the gameplay looks really fun. I think I'm more excited to see more robo-dinos than anything though!

16. libregkd -

17. Hayabusa Venomous

New trailer released, and the game's release is pushed to February of 2017.

18. libregkd -

19. Fellangel Bichael May

Ooh might have to stick for the limited edition. I'm a sucker for steelbooks and artbooks. Figures are meh for me. A shame that the game is delayed, but hopefully that time is well spent to polish up the game

20. libregkd -