How do I use CW Cheat on 6.60 Firmware?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I'm using 6.60 Firmware on my PSP and was wondering how do I download and use CW Cheat on this?

I'll need someone to give me an easy to use step by step tutorial please. ^^"

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

First of all you need to downgrade your current firmware using this. You then are going to want to upgrade to this. In order to do that follow the directions on the website which are fairly easy to follow. Keep in mind that they nor am I responsible if your psp gets bricked or not.

Moving on. Download the newest version of cwcheat and put it into your plugins folder on the root of your memory stick. After that is done you should be able to run your game and press and hold select and it will bring up the cheat menu.

3. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Pretty much this^

But, as an added note, for the best results of having your PSP successfully achieve this and not becoming 'bricked'.
    It's best to use a PSP1000.
    If you try to use a 3000 etc, that will not be the best idea.

I also will state I am not responsible if the 'bricking' does happen. Just thought I should point out that the type of PSP you have is an important factor.

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

PRO custom firmware is actually really well done and it uses a different means of accessing the kernel so it isn't as easy to get bricked. Plus the devs who made PRO CFW and the downgrading software are very good at what they do and test all of their programs and eboots before releasing them. Although I have to say be careful and be sure to read EVERYTHING because accidents happen and that is how most bricks occur. Carelessness is the main cause because people either use the wrong files or just don't pay attention. Do not worry though as I have tested and use PRO CFW for my own personal use and I do a lot with my PSP. In fact these work all the way up to the PSP GO. But as he said the 300X and GO series PSPs can not be un bricked. Fair warning.

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Yeah, I was just saying though that it's worth noting that if he has a PSP1000 he'll have an easier time.
    I mean it being the earliest release it's the easiest to put custom firmware on.
    It's the same with any PSP, I mean, even if they've released good ones that even can sort out the PSP3000, it's still worth noting about the PSP1000 in any case. I mean it'd be the same no matter which firmware in theory. The 1000 should still be easier to hack and less likely to Brick. I mean it's possible he'd have a 1000 anyway. lol :P

6. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

What does it mean when a PSP gets "bricked" ?

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

The expression is generally for... 'Like a brick'
    as in... it'll be so broken, it'll pretty much be like a brick itself. Except you can at least use a brick in building or something.
    Essentially, just consider it that your PSP will become broken and useless. :/
    That's the risk you take when hacking a PSP. Although don't let that deter you. Depending on the model of PSP you have, it's a small risk and the benefits are huge overall.

8. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I heard that there's something called the Pandora Battery that unbricks it.

9. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

The Pandora Battery is what is needed to put your PSP into what is known as Service Mode that allows you to install the new firmware you want.
    However, as far as I'm aware. Bricking is permanent and I know my stuff about this... so yeah lol

I can admit that maybe they have found a way to unbrick it? But I don't know if it's using Pandora or what... As I said, it's always been a case of once bricked, say goodbye to your PSP. Unless unbricking is a new possibility (and I mean very new so I haven't heard about it) yeah, Brick = bad.

10. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Pandora batteries aren't going to work on late 200X, 300X, and the GO series PSP.

11. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Yeah, as I was saying before. This also depends on if you have the original 1000 or not, Jaden.
    Either way, a Pandora won't work for you if you brick your PSP.
    You'll want on if you have the original PSP1000 but anything else, yeah. You get the idea.

12. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I have a black PSP. I'm guessing that's a 1000 right?

13. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Look at the label on the bottom of it. Color doesn't = Model Number.

Just check the bottom by the bar code and it should have a bunch of numbers. the last four are what you are looking for.

14. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

It says "PSP 3001"

15. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Yeah... therefore your PSP is a 3000 model (if that wasn't obvious... lol) XD
    Well, I'm better with the 1000 conversion to CFW, I know a bit about 3000 conversion, but you'll be better off listening to Luxord in this case.
    But yeah, you shouldn't need a Pandora battery, so don't worry about that.
    Being a 3000 model though means it definitely has a much higher chance of being 'bricked' so you will wanna be careful.
    The reason is, the higher models obviously have more protection and things on it that Sony has done.
    But Luxord said in the earlier posts that the new things are safer if you follow them right, so as long as you follow the instructions properly and what he says, you shouldn't have too many problems.
    But yeah, just consider that if something does go wrong, neither of us or the guys who made the CFW are to blame.
    You do it at your own risk. I just have to clarify that lol

16. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I thought the Pandora Battery was supposed to "unbrick" it though. At least that's what I thought I heard...

17. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

As I mentioned in a previous post.
    The Pandora battery serves to boot a PSP(1000) into what is known as service mode (essentially a black screen unless you know what your doing and what buttons to press)
    It is through service mode that you are able to install CFW.

Service mode is something that cannot be accessed otherwise (or unless you already have CFW) etc.

Again, never heard of using the Pandora to unbrick a PSP.
    Again, I stress... A PSP being bricked is pretty much permanent and a bad thing.
    There are rumours of being unable to unbrick them, but I doubt any of them are true, especially if it mentions using a Pandora to do it. (I'm always open to the option that I could be wrong if something new has been discovered recently, but I'm going by what I know here and as far as I'm aware, everything I have said is the truth of the matter)

Even more of a point is... just try not to 'brick' your PSP in the first place. lol <--- Best advice ever! *shot*

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I can't promise anything since I haven't worked with a bricked PSP. However recent installments of Pandora Battery claim to be able to unbrick 3000 models.

Really though, the PSP homebrew scene has come to the point that this is very simple and stable to do for the end user. The risk of bricking is very small, but the disclaimer needs to be there so that if it does end up happening to you you don't go around blaming people. A bricked system is the result of careless mistakes and some bad luck. So just be careful with it and there is no real need to worry.

19. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

[​IMG]

The "hackable" side of the chart is out dated but the pandora side is up to date.

20. Rexnano Moogle Assistant

=\

I'm using a psp 3001 as well and I have CFW 6.60 pro-b9 and It works fine with anything =\