Birth by Sleep How powerful is Master Xehanort?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by ReverofEnola, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

I mean the dude is clearly just about the smartest person in the series what with him making a plan that lasted for 12 years however how strong is he literally since he obviously couldn't defeat Terra. Does that make his other incarnations stronger than him?

2. Arch Mana Knight

You nearly answered your own question. While Terra may be stronger than him, Xehanort's plans have really screwed up so many lives. He doesn't need to be the strongest character to be a threat. Just look at BBS, he got rid of Ven, Aqua, and Terra(despite losing to him) all in one shot. He admits to being hasty but in the end he still had plenty of backup options to go about his efforts. It's not his strength that's scary but rather his smarts.

Still, to answer your question, Xehanort is admittedly old. He's probably gotten more control over darkness over the years but there's no doubt that he was stronger in his younger years. Terra may have beaten him but a young Xehanort just might be the single most powerful character in the series(armored Xehanort or "Mysterious Figure" Xehanort at least). Honestly, Xehanort doesn't need to be stronger than everyone to win. He's still given out plenty of ass kickings to every keyblader in the series so far.

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Xehanort is indeed very formidable in terms of his "Machiavellian" ways of doing things, but his strength in the regards to physical side of things has dwindled due to age. However, I do not think that was oversight in the slightest, as he planned to take over Terra's body in order to become physically powerful once more. The only thing that overcame his plan was Terra's willpower embedded within his Keyblade Armor.

4. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

He must be very powerful to have fought every keyblade wielder or at least everyone experienced with handling a keyblade (and survive) and to be a pain in the neck for Mickey and Yen Sid two people I consider to be very high up in the ranks to concern themselves with trivial matters. He also has immense power to be able to split a heart into two, as is the case with Ven and Vanitas, and control Terra's body. He also indirectly killed Master Eraqus and
    split his heart into 13 (is that right 'cause i haven't played KH3D yet).
    He even controlled Riku and it was his fault heartless and nobodies exist because he opened the dark realm and let them out. So basically everything is his fault and he is one strong dude.

5. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

True but Terra, Ven , and Aqua were easy to manipulate due to them being sheltered just about all of their lives. They were not very skilled with the outside world.

6. Arch Mana Knight

Don't forget that Master Xehanort has wreaked havoc for much smarter people. As Terranort(debatable on whether or not it's MX in control or a new personality) he kicked out Ansem the Wise and manipulated so many people into forming Organization XIII and then got all of them to believe that

They had no hearts and needed Kingdom Hearts to become normal when in reality, Xemnas just wanted to turn them all into Xehanort. Weird, but it's true.

So that's 13 people(12 Org. members and Ansem the Wise) that he's fooled and/or outsmarted. Also, nothing Yen Sid and Master Eraqus has done ever slowed Xehanort down. They weren't able to keep up with him and Eraqus could not see a second betrayal by Xehanort despite the fact that it happened before his eyes(Xehanort changed how the Mark of Mastery was supposed to be done and then messed around to make Eraqus believe that Terra was losing control over his darkness).

Really, it's hard to believe that even after all his planning he still gets held back by the power of friendship(quite literally).

7. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

He didn't really fool everyone in the Organization I mean I am pretty sure Xigbar and Saix knew. Plus, I just want to know if Master Xehanort is weaker than his other incarnations when it comes to physical strength.

8. Arch Mana Knight

They still went along with his plan right up until the end. Actually, Xigbar(Briag?) is still following orders from him.

Anyways, to answer your question. No. Master Xehanort has the brains but he's more than likely weaker(physically at least) than just about every incarnation. Definitely Xemnas, Terranort, and young Xehanort are all stronger. I can't really argue about Ansem Seeker of Darkness(his Heartless) because he used that dark guardian thing for pretty much all his attacks, but it's likely Ansem is stronger than old Xehanort. This was the whole point of him wanting a younger body. He just got old. XD

9. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Exactly that is all I wanted to know and know Xehanort has the brains I just wanted to know if he has the strength to back it up.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

We've seen he's capable of being extremely powerful, able to lost of magic, and of course being a master at the keyblade. But it's not really his physical strength that's the issue, although that is a big one though, but his smarts. Even though he's lost in all his plans, he has backups in place for whatever happens. Heck, he knew what to do once he turned everyone into Nobodies, and that was probably a while before the first game(well maybe, we never see the time period for it). He's already hurt Terra, Aqua, and Ven, as well as almost getting to Sora, and even tried for Riku.