How would one make PCSX2 run faster?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Relentless Chaos, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Relentless Chaos Moogle Assistant

I just started using it because I missed playing KH 2 tbh XD but the thing is, it's only running at about 25-30 fps, which is making it quite slow. How can I make it run around 50 or 60 fps? I already tried yt tutorial and they didn't do much. Help would be much appreciated :)

2. The Fuk? Dead

In the graphics options, make sure you're running it in Directx 9 mode and not Directx 11 or OpenGL. Your resolution also has a big impact on framerate. There's native, then there's x2 x3 and x4 native. If you want the highest speed, run in native. Look into speedhacks on google, but if all else fails, you may just need a better processor. I have one of the fastest processors in the home computer world and I have some issues trying to max PS2 games out on PCSX2. It's very CPU heavy. Go to the PCSX2 forum if there's no one here that can help you perfect your build.

3. Patman Bof

You don' t want to increase the framerate, it would only make the game even slower. What you actually want to do is increase the frameskip. I never used that emulator, but it shouldn' t be difficult for you to find a frameskip option on your own, most emulators I know have one (somewhere in the menus, just open them all one after the other).

4. Relentless Chaos Moogle Assistant

Thanks guys, I got it running at 60 fps now :D
    It's a little pixely, but I can live with that haha