I heard someone needed me for a game of Mafia? (Introduction post)

Discussion in 'Introductions & Departures' started by Calxiyn, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

@Glen

In all seriousness. Hey everyone. I figured this is probably a reintroduction since it's almost been... 9 months which doesn't feel that long after setting up my profile back. Also I know I'm supposed to talk about who I am, not what I was doing but actions speak louder then words so...

During Christmas break I kinda locked myself in a hole while I decided to write a book. Actually like, 3 different books. I wrote way over hundred thousand words during the entire month of January and none of them actually went anywhere because I decided to start rewriting one of my old books over again. I had one book about these four sisters who have to fight each other to the death for the throne, the other one was Sword Art Online if it were better and people weren't actually trapped, and the other one was a romancey thing that I actually queried and got an agent for....

Then the agent left the business so here I am unpublished and whatever. And I started writing a another two books that weren't related to those first three but THAT'S the writing part.

Then somewhere in between writing myself to death one of my subscribers on my YouTube channel said "You should make a discord server", I said "k" and now I have 300 people to look after. My YouTube channel got really busy which isn't a bad thing but my highest Patron and Patreon right now has like... over 80 video tickets which he can use to either buy videos separately or do 20 livestreams and that's just one person... so yEAH.

After all that happened I organized a bunch of RWBY YouTubers to raise money for clean water by doing livestreams on my channel with them as guests everyday. Then Hunter and I did an LGBT one by ourselves.

image (18).png image (19).png

Then somewhere in between that Prom happened. Then Grad happened. I also got into all the school I applied for, but I'm going to Ryerson University for Professional Communication Studies and PR Management. It's a family school so we kinda had to.

Then the summer started.

Anyway for those that don't know (Plums will know he was my reference) I'm working with the Durham Regional Police Service.

20626770_1402388976526436_6963099324346885627_o.jpg

If you click on that picture that's us but like

image (9).jpg

That pixely blue hair over there. That's me unfortunately.

Anyway you'd be surprised how fast working with the police this way changes you. They totally whipped me into shape. To be honest they kicked my ass. We still do a lot of fun stuff like a summer camp (But we get paid), but we've also done CO-OP placements, Leadership Training, CPR and First Aid. I feel like the Leadership training especially changed how all of us see the world, it was an intense 5 days about learning what it's like to be an emergent leader, a transformational leader, what makes a good leader etc. The Police units have shown us first hand what they do, and it's a lot of dead people you don't get to unsee unfortunately. But all this has done is reinforced my willingness to become a police officer. They do so much for the community and to help people it's honestly astounding how much the public doesn't get to see.

We got to shoot some tasers and pepper spray at stuff so like it's pretty neat.

And so pretty much all that's happened. And I think that's a pretty good rundown of what I've been doing to become who I am rather then who I am more simply. I hope to talk with you guys again soon.

So where's that game of Mafia, Glen?