I need computer techno help....

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amber, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Amber PLUR

Yes, for the first time in my life, I have been hit with computer problems neither me, nor my dad could solve. I have a crappy laptop with some problems:

1. Sometimes my cursor will just randomly start moving in a single direction (it's doing it right now actually) and it's hard to regain control of it.

2. My battery will not charge. It's been stuck at 22% for like, a week. I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, and unplugging and replugging the power cord, it still refuses to charge.

Help, Plzthx?

2. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

1. If you are using a USB mouse, uninstall it and try another mouse. If you are using the touchpad, go to mouse properties --> Buttons. Make sure it's on right-handed and click lock is off.

2. Either your battery needs to be replaced or your charger is not functioning properly.

3. Amber PLUR

1. I have a touch pad and I tried that. *cursor starts crawling up screen* >.<

2. We just replaced the battery AND the charger less than a year ago. But I'll talk to my dad anyway.

4. Misty gimme kiss

Not sure about the battery, but try buying a USB mouse, dusting the click pad (dust can sometimes draw the mouse into random places. It happened to my sister. o.o) and playing with your settings.

5. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Get a USB mouse. My touch pad did that for the longest time and usually forced me to restart because I just couldn't do anything, it'd just float to the bottom of the screen.

As for the battery, you may have to get another one, if it's just refusing to charge. Do you wrap the charge cord around itself alot? I found if I wrap wires around things too much, the wires inside can break.

6. Shadow Banned

New battery needed for sure. Somehow, it was damaged.

The problem with the cursor is, sometimes dirt and other material can interfere with the pad, and it's not always on the surface of it, it could be under it, and your only option to fix that would be to clean it, but since that's a real pain, you should get a USB mouse, and let me warn you, my wireless mouse acts up on me sometimes, so if you really want to avoid ever having a mouse problem, get a corded mouse.

Run on sentance.

7. EvilMan_89 Code Master

don't know about the mouse cursor but about the battery....either it's damaged, the power jack (i forget the actual name) is damaged (they get damaged REALLY easily) or the charger is weird.

8. Amber PLUR

*plugs in usb mouse* It still acts up sometimes, but when it does, it's easy to get it back under control.

About the battery, I'm gonna talk to my parents about it. The battery isn't really my number one concern, I was more worried about the curosr.