Chain of Memories I suck at CoM....

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Zeroxys, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Okay guys, i LOVE the KH games, all of them. but one i was never able to complete was CoM.
    I got to Marluxia in the GBA version. got to Only olympus coliseum in RE CoM.

But now i started CoM on the 1.5 remix on beginner mode (idc about trophies and stuff like that, i just wanna go through the story). I currently have 19 cards in my deck, i just got passed wonderland and am headed to olympus coliseum now. im lvl 12, and 14 of my 19 cards are attack cards, all kingdom keys except 1 lady luck. but i still find myself struggling in certain battles, i feel like im doing somehting wrong or missing something. (i know all about card breaks, sleights, ext) but idk why i suck so bad at it. do i need better cards? a better deck? more summons? any help is greatly apprecited cuz idk what to do, if i struggle bus this hard through the whole game on beginner ill b very upset :(

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Whenever I play COM (it doesn't matter which version), I try to balance out my leveling up between gaining HP and gaining MP. Also, be sure to hit as much of the scenery as possible; you can get HP balls, MP balls, and even some cards. Moogle shops are also a good place to get some cards, although you don't usually get what you want.

Each floor also has a special prize when you use the treasure chest card(s) (forget what they're called), which may also aid with the floor boss at certain times (in Olympus Coliseum, you get Blizzard Raid), so be sure to unlock each one on each floor.

3. Antidote Façade

I found Re:CoM to be much easier than the GBA version. I didn't really have a particular set-up, I just went in recklessly with attack cards and spammed, not really bothering about anything else, and I did fine.

I guess the only advice I could give would be to make sure you have a properly varied deck. Start with a few attack cards, then magic, healing, etc. Try to even each card type out instead of just focusing on attack cards.

4. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I had a lot of fun playing Re:CoM. My advice would be to fix your deck to accommodate more cards, and try to balance out the numbers more. I tend to leave anything below 6 with the exception of a few 0s. Keep a few heals no matter what the value at the back of the deck, be careful in using sleights, you can use them, but don't overuse them. When opening a new door, try to keep the rooms at a manageable level for you, and avoid the harder red rooms, until you're confident enough. Try opening more moogle rooms to get better cards. Also try to use some enemy cards, sometimes they can help a lot. You could also try to get your health to a level that's good enough for you, then focus on the CP and sleights, with more emphasis on CP.

5. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

thanks for the help guys :). i will def try this out when i get home tonight :)

6. Explode Who?!

A while ago I posted a fairly comprehensive explanation of gameplay and some tips. So I'll just repost it. I know you said you understand the basics, but read it anyway in case you missed something.

Also, if you're dying a lot, level up your HP, and make sure you have at least one cure magic card with you. If you're reloading a lot, level up your CP. If your cards are low values, hit everything you can to get new cards, as well as moogle points (red orbs), which you can also use to buy more cards. Always go for the most expensive pack first. Sell cards you know you'll never use if you can't afford it (though I always try to keep at least one of each value). You should be fine if you do that.

7. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

TY for the guide :). Maybe i always just got unlucky or impatient when fighting bosses. but something im doing is clearly wrong :P

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

In my last run I did CP > CP > CP > CP > HP > Repeat. When it started getting harder, I went CP CP > HP > Repeat.

I paused that, of course, when sleights became available (e.g., CP > CP > Sleight > CP > CP > HP...).

9. Patman Bof

At such an early point in the game mindlessly whacking away was enough for me, even in proud mode, but if you' re having such a hard time here' s a few tips that you might not have figured out yet :

- Always cure yourself right before you kill the last ennemy, that way if the next fight takes you by surprise you won' t start it with a handicap.

- Concentrate on the roaming ennemies and ignore treasure hunting as long as the room isn' t clear, unless you' re in dire need of HP. Expect them to pop up and hit them as soon as they do, that way they' ll be stunned when the battle begins, giving you a field day to whack them away for a few seconds.

- Every time you win a fight don' t engage the next one just yet. Instead just backtrack, exit the room you' re in and enter it again. That way the battle you just won is won for good, if you lose the next fight and use continue it won' t bring back the previous ennemies. In other words doors are auto-checkpoints.

10. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Currently playing the GBA version of Chain of Memories, and I am having difficulty with Dragon Maleficent. Any tips to defeat her?

11. 61 No. B

Somewhere I read that you should raise your HP twice for every time you raise your CP. Every time I play I do this and I think it's great because you really need to raise your hp early in the game so you'll have it for later, and it's hard to get a lot of cards early in the game and most of the ones worth having you don't have access to, as well as the sleights they can do.

12. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Thanks for the help everyone.
    Im currently just beatin Halloween Town, so now i believe im going to fight Larxene in the next room of castle oblivion. The lowest attk card i have in my deck is a 6 kingdom key and 4 cloud. Im not even worrying about dmg or types of keyblades anymore, im looking for just high number cards that wont get broken. also i cant figure out how to use the shortcut where it auto jumps to a card. Can someone explain that plz?
    Ive only had trouble with 1 boss & that was the boss in monstro, & i only had an issue with him because of the poison :P

13. Jin うごかないで

I'd mostly use the shortcut card for like, Healing purposes when in a tight spot honestly. The rest will just be confusing that's the most I can say about the shortcut situation

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Don't forget about enemy cards, you should have some by now. They provide passive effects that can really help out in a tight spot. You add them to the deck like normal cards, but they have a separate menu. Not sure how you switch to it in Re:CoM but there's a button in battle that flips over to your enemy card selection, from there you just activate them like normal cards.

15. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Thanks for all the help guys. im currently in hallow bastion & the only fights i had issues with so far is just the Riku fights. he almost made me rage because id be at half health & hed stun me & kill me in 1 combo. Ive also been lucky with premium rooms & getting lots of high number cards. as well as blizzaga & firaga helps alot.

16. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

I am now currently stuck on Vexen. hes so tough and its such bs how he can sit there & block everything you throw at him & he always has lvl 7-9 cards. idk how to beat him ;/

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

Do you have any zero cards?

18. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

i do, but idk how to use the shortcut to pull it up in time. so i dont even have any in my deck. i just try & outrun all his stuff except for his freeze, which im sure always hits. ive tried alot of things but i just cant seem to beat him. i get him down to 1 bar of hp, but by then hes broken so many of my cards that its useless

19. Amaury Legendary Hero

Just put them at the beginning of your deck.

20. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Do you have a potion and an ether in your deck, also later on when you get the MP to do it put in an elixer to allow you to use the potion and ether repeatedly.