I'm feeling some wild twists for an RP.

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Shuhbooty, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shuhbooty moon child

If this is in the wrong section, please let me know/move it.

Continuing on, here are some idea's I've had for an RP I wanna do. Last time I submitted an idea for like a League of Legends RP. I had some people respond and I've got fresh ideas for that, but not right now. I wanna talk about these.

So I've been thinking of doing a KH/Star Wars twist RP. I mean it dawned on me. Light and dark is present in both and how cool would it be- to be a keyblade warrior with the power of the force??? Yay/Nay? (watching Star Wars and playing Unchained X was not a good combination!)

And or maybe some sort of Harry Potter Rp. But I want something along the back story. I don't want to do the main story line or nada. I'm talking about an OC and people can RP as teachers/main characters but with a great- idk, twist. If my OOC Autumn just started and turns out she's to be the greatest potions teacher in her life time- then i wanna RP her life in school and events etc. I'm really feeling like a wizard.

Anyways, I was hoping to bounce off some awesome people here and maybe get something cool going!

2. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Both of those ideas sound fun. Maybe you could combine them. Like, two houses could be light side and the other two would be dark?

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I had similar ideas for both of these! Maybe telling you what I thought of might give you a bit of inspiration?
    KH/Star Wars sounds like a good mix. There are two ways to do it (well two ways easier than others). One is to keep the overall atmosphere of KH and the tone and mechanics and all that and simply have it take place in a Star Wars world. That alone branches off into a few different possibilities:
    1. The Star Wars world is one of many, like in the actual games. Why are the characters here? Do any Star Wars characters travel with the KH characters? Which Star Wars setting exactly (original trilogy, prequels, Force Awakens, one of the animated series?)
    2. The Star Wars world is the main universe with no branched off worlds like Disney worlds (you could theoretically change these to be a Star Wars-like planet. Hm, that sounds like a great fanfic idea). The Force and Keyblades lore are two separate mythologies (Jedi or Keybearer? Could you be both? Could a Dark Keybearer be a Jedi and could a Sith be a Keybearer of Light?)
    Another way to go about it is with the second option above, but combine the Keyblade lore with the Jedi lore. Instead of Lightsabers, Jedi use Keyblades (Lightblades? Keysabers?) Organization XIII in place of the Sith, s,tuff like that. @Captain Arch and I did something similar by mixing Final Fantasy with Games of Thrones (see: http://kh-vids.net/threads/final-fantasy-a-song-of-blizzaga-and-firaga.150652/). Some mythologies do go real well together; Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts may have that potential if done right. Also, these can be done as canon as possible or strictly OC or a mix of both.

As for a strictly OC Harry Potter idea, you could always take the history of the Harry Potter world and then use OCs in any specific time frame instead of canon characters. I did it with Harry's story (http://kh-vids.net/threads/hogwarts-triwizard-tournament.143894/). It was the exact same world as the books, but everyone from Dumbledore/Voldemort's generation to Harry's didn't exist. Same history, magics, and everything, but all OCs. My story itself was centered around the Triwizard Tournament and the Chamber of Secrets (how would those two go if there was no Dark War or Voldemort?). Something similar to that would be interesting. You could also do something like the new Fantastic Beasts film and set a Harry Potter RP in a different region with different rules.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  4. Shuhbooty moon child

That would be an so cool actually. I could see Donald as the teacher for divination or Goofy for like, the Defense against the Dark arts teacher but then something targic happens and most of the guys we thought were for good, was actually bad??? Hmm.

Ok all of the yes, because I took some wild notes. I wasn't really into "merging" or having any sort of SW hint in the other things I enjoyed because I thought SW needed to be on it's own. But now I'm just filled with cool ideas and wanted to ya know, get my OC's out! I really didn't want to leave the KH atmosphere because that's what I mainly want to role play as. I want the towns and characters still intact. BUT we can defiantly add some SW characters, like Mas Wendo, Jaja, and so many others.

I love the names for the keyblades. Def wanna mash them together. And I'm leaning more towards the merg of SW worlds and Disney worlds, but we can change the names to keep the flow- but keep the worlds the same? (that does sound like a great fanfic idea). Enjoying these ideas a lot, maybe we can set it as like "you can be only one a keybearer or light/dark" but then one is born that do actually do both?? Or we can do a great war this the seprate mythologies BUT in the end one emerged with new powers that can do both?? (ideas, ideas!)

I'm really thinking playful, were we can either make OCs in place of canon or keep certain canon and make OCs? I love the creative flow of OC's verse playin as a canon.

As for HP, I agree 1000% I was really feeling an OC version for HP, instead of going off the books strictly. Like I stated before I love the creative part of RP's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.