in need of advice

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by mindy lover, Jun 18, 2014.

1. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

Okay so lately i have been having problems with ppl on this website and i just dont know why ppl on there dont like me. In real life ppl love me. I mean im not the most social person but once i get to know someone we are inseparable.

Tell me if im wrong. I mean these ppl call me names then tell me im the crazy one. i mean i know im not the best at communication but i dont call ppl names or curse at them out of respect even though they dont reslect me enough to do the same. All my threads r turned into zomethingnegagive because the ppl jave been so negative. I mean there are some great pll i met on there but im not dven sire if its worth it.

It its gotten so bad ppl are reporting me for random nonsense resons and getting me banned for thinhs i have t even done.

I mean i love the website but this one fits more. What should i do?[DOUBLEPOST=1403135606][/DOUBLEPOST]Any advice would help.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Everyone looks at things in different ways. These people who picked on you probably view you as a blight on their culture who refuses to conform. I've been there myself.

My advice:

From this post alone, I can tell you are used to having the spot light. Whether you are aware of it or not, you tend to draw attention to yourself or make yourself the subject of conversation. Try not to do that until you feel you know what others expect from members of that community. You have to establish yourself well. In my experience it is better to establish yourself as a member of the community before establishing yourself as an individual. Note the difference. Your first strong impression should make the other members see you as one of their own instead of as someone trying to appropriate their place for their own purposes.

If KHV were the community you were talking about, I would tell you to look around. Some examples...

A lot of people on this site have avatars of game, anime and TV show characters. More importantly, nearly all of these avatars are of fanart from these things and they fit the correct dimensions for avatars of this site; they are all square and clearly intended for use as avatars. Most importantly, notice the emphasis on art and beauty in avatars. Your avatar stands out as abnormal because it is from a game that practically no one here plays, it is not the correct dimensions and it is not artsy. A good step to being accepted is to find something you like that will also help you blend with the community avatar-wise. In AFK terms, meeting the dress code is important to being taken seriously.

Most people on KHV do not use shorthand. Correcting each other on grammatical/spelling mistakes is common. Try to avoid using shorthand words like 'ppl'. It comes off as unprofessional because most people on this site are not that lazy, especially not in this section.

A general expectation on this site is for people to think about their posts before posting. Instead of posting the first thought that comes to their mind and then double posting when another thing comes to their mind, they will think about the impact they want their post to have and word a single post to get the whole point across in one go instead of multiple. People with a reputation for thoughtless or careless action get fewer replies than people who think about their posts. It is not enticing to put effort into posting when the other person will not put the same effort into their responses.

In general: Be aware of your surroundings. Find out what people expect before speaking out.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  3. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

Thanks for the advice.