Inside Out

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Meilin Lee, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[​IMG]
    A new movie by Pixar releasing next summer, featuring the voices of Amy Poehler and Bill Hader, and is all about emotions. Teaser trailer below:

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

New trailer released today!

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New trailer:

4. Krowley Moderator

Nice to see a bit more of a conflict at work.
    Seeing the more negative emotions taking hold of Riley will make for some more interesting scenarios. Heck, all of them trying to get a good fix on her mind makes for interesting scenarios.

Let's say one of the situations on her first day is spotting a cute boy she develops a crush on. Said boy spots her and walks over.
    Stuff just writes itself.

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

If Amy Poehler is in this, I can tell its gonna be funny. She's hilarious. It looks very cute as well.

6. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Pre-Release analysis!

First, and foremost, I feel like this is a pretty strong point. The main cast is composed of 2 men and 3 women. These are all the voices inside of Riley's head. 2 men, and 3 Women. Meanwhile, over in Mom and Dad, it's an All-Female and All-Male line-up of identities. Whether or not this was meant, one does have to admit that children today are allowed a much wider range of emotional understanding than previous generations. Riley has a wider range of emotions than her parents, but their mindsets are still valid.

It doesn't stop at the characters either. It also goes into setting. Notice how the Mom's headspace is set up. It's refined, meticulously organized, but with an almost regal air. Dad's is akin to the traditional Hollywood-esque "Mission Control" sort of deal. It seems to be greatly engineered, but at the cost of quick access to memories; there's a lack of apparent organization. He doesn't need to remember as often, because he works mostly off of instinct. How can I presume this? Because he seems to get distracted (i.e., American Football game on the Wide-Mind's Eye Screen) and his primary emotion lacks empathy and foresight. Riley seems to be a bit of both, but with her own twist. She has memories there in the headspace, but it's very open (open-minded Haha) and imaginative. She's still a kid.

On the other hand, you have wisdom in the mother. Her emotions are more matured, even, and expanded past a sterotypical range. "Sadness" seems to be the head-honcho, but she doesn't seem quite sad. Anger rules the roost over in the father, and, as a result, he seems more prone to confusion and rash reaction.

Something else that caught my attention: The destruction of the castle. Is the obvious destruction of a person's childhood obvious enough?

I already love this movie. I feel like it's going to say some really important things.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  7. kingdomhearts123 Traverse Town Homebody

Going to see this hopefully on release day. Wanted to see it since I saw a trailer for it. This is going to be a really good one. By the look of the new trailers; it looks like I won't waste my money or change my mind on wanting to see it. Not a fan of most new Disney movies, but I give them a chance since I'm a Disney fan. Some I end up loving, some make me turn my head.

8. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I fell in love with this movie the moment I saw the trailer. I can't wait to watch it. I'm very interested in how they'll go through Riley's life, and how the emotions work through it, and also how they deal with Sadness' slip up.