Invincibility during limits

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by DanceWaterDance, Nov 9, 2013.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

When you are doing limits, you should be invincible, right? But I was playing HD 1.5 and when doing Ragnarok and Arcanum i was hitten. I don't remember this happening in the original KH. Maybe I remember badly? Anyone could confirm me if during Ragnarok and Arcanum you could be hitten?

2. Shift Chaser

There's always been no i-frames when charging the laser part of Ragnarok or at the input part of Arcanum.

3. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Ok thank so I just remember badly

4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

You are not invincible when doing that Bash attacks after Ars Arcanum and charging impact after Ragnarok. It has always been like that.

5. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Yup, although it would've been nice to have had Super armor frames, while still being able to receive damage. It can get hectic when facing a multitude of Invisibles, and one of them just happens to attack you right when you're about to deal some nice damage. :C

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Yeah, it's always been that way in KH1, and I kinda like that. Meant you had to work for that extra damage. Limits in KH2 are just one of many panic buttons that can save you from a hit you deserved to take, and on top of that they deal powerful, guaranteed damage.

7. A Zebra Chaser

I'd take that over overly long animations I can be knocked out of because an enemy decides to do an attack long after I started doing the move and the attack's auto-homing sent me flying right into it

8. Glen Returned from the dead

Not going to lie, limits were one of the reasons I found KH2 easier than KH1, and they saved me quite a lot. In KH1 if I got low hp and the boss was almost dead, if I didn't wanna heal I had to take a gamble if I was going to die. KH2 I just used trinity limit and yeah, too easy.

I'm glad that in KH1 you could get hit, it added to the challenge of the game and made you think a bit more about what you were going to do and how, before you actually went through with the move.

9. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Your memory must be bad lol.
    If your could be invincible during limits/ars arkanam and ragnarok, then wouldnt every1 just spam it?
    But yes youve always been able to get hit during your combos.

10. 61 No. B

Strike Raid > every other limit in KH1.
    Ars Arcanum and Ragnarok look cool but 9 times out of ten you won't be able to complete it and you'll end up damaging yourself in the process.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

So... maybe pick your attacks better? You know you'll be vulnerable, how 'bout wait 'til the boss is stunned before you try anything sly. Better that than KHII's Limits, which effectively allow you to spend an entire boss fight invincible.

As far as Strike Raid, sad but true. Nice to see they nerfed the damage in 1.5, but it's still pretty ferocious. 'Course they also nerfed MP Gift so you don't have as much spammable MP as before.

12. A Zebra Chaser

Oh yeah, becuase stunning a boss is totally something that happens a lot n KH.
    And KH definitely doesn't have overly long animations for pretty much any attack

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

KH1? No, not really. And they got stunned pretty frequently. Maleficent 1st-form could be stunned about five times per battle, off the top of my head.

14. A Zebra Chaser

KH1 doesn't really have much in the way of animation. But this topic is about limits, so I was thinking more KH2, BBS, that sort of thing

15. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

The only one that actually calls anything a Limit is II, so I assumed we were roping the other games in as well, for comparison.

16. A Zebra Chaser

Days has Limit Breaks, which are close enough, and honestly the rest of the KH games are similar enough, but KH1 is just kinda an odd one out