Is No Heart really Master Xehanort?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by . : tale_wind, Jan 11, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I only ask this because of a Tumblr post I saw that created reasonable doubt for me.

[​IMG]

I do think it is possible that it's actually just Master Xehanort, however, as No Heart is an anagram of Xehanort without the X, and Xemnas wears this same armor in the end of KHII. But what do you guys think?

2. Antidote Façade

I was actually thinking about this when fighting Xemnas in II. While I do believe that they were just wearing it, the original 'No Heart' who owned the armour could be a way to introduce something much bigger than the 'norts since KHIII will end the Xehanort saga.

It would certainly make it easier to introduce a new villain than have someone appear out of the blue without any prior foreshadowing.

3. libregkd -

4. Patman Bof

While I' m inclined to believe it is indeed related to Xehanort (I mean hello, anagrams), I wouldn' t be surprised if some higher power/puppeteer did reveal itself eventually. I assume the bonus scene in Re:Coded HD was foreshadowing something like that :

In that scene Young Xehanort claims his keyblade to be the oldest keyblade around, as in ancient. Which would imply Xehanort is neither its only nor its original wielder. WHO KNOWS IT MIGHT VERY WELL BE FUCKING EINSTEIN !!!

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I don't see how that journal entry makes it look like No Heart isn't Master Xehanort. And as mentioned, Xemnas did wear the armor during the KH2 final battle, so clearly it must have belonged to MX at some point.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

When were we told that Xehanort's keyblade isn't originally his? Is that something from Chi? (That is the biggest hole in my KH knowledge)

Either way, as the Mirage Arena doesn't appear to be at all canon, there is no way to discern No Heart from being Xehanort or a previous owner.
    As it stands we have seen Xehanort use both the keyblade and the armor (albeit separately), so there is no reason to believe it isn't him.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

In one of the Re:coded secret endings in II.5:

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Ah thanks. I've had my hands full on getting KH2:FM recorded so I haven't looked at the RE:Coded Part yet.

9. Explode Who?!

While I do like the idea of it being someone else, pretty much everything suggests that it is Master Xehanort. Considering he's introduced alongside Master Eraqus' armored form, it's pretty clear that it's him. That little flavor text in the journal is just to sound mysterious. Outright saying "it's Xehanort" would be kind of lame. That, paired with the fact that the battle theme combines Ansem SoD's and Xemnas' themes (MX's most direct iterations), basically confirms it.

The only outlier is the name "No Heart", which is a little strange, considering MX does have a heart. There are only two other possibilities that I can think of.

1) No Heart is a sort of Nobody created when Master Xehanort transferred his heart into Terra's body. We don't know very much about the specifics of transferring hearts into other people's bodies, so it could be the empty shell of MX's old body.

2) Going off of KHX's lore, it could be the sixth follower.

I haven't played X, but I don't think any information was given on the sixth follower who was not given the tome of prophecy. MX's keyblade bares striking similarities to the five Foreteller's keyblades. It's adorned with a blue eyeball, and has animal motifs (in his case a goat/demon). Given that similarity, it seems obvious that this is who Xehanort inherited his keyblade from.

However, I'm more inclined to believe No Heart is just a non-canon boss fight, like the Armor of Eraqus, or the Organization XIII data battles.

10. Mysty Unknown

I was thinking about this. Re:Coded gave the answer.

After playing BBS and seeing Xehanort body hopping, couldn't it may be Xehanort is a lot older than folks think? Maybe that keyblade is his and there is no predecessor to No Heart because of the body hopping thing xehanort can pull. He was just hopping time and time again until he could find the one to forge the xblade since his original attempt failed...

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well Young Xehanort does have a keyblade, just not the same one, so it can't be originally his. Past that though we really have no frame of reference on his past. He seems to be from after the war since he references legends and not memories, but that also wouldn't be the first time he had straight up lied about something.