iTunes/iPod problem. Help.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Chad Thundercucc, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Okay, so my iTunes works fine regularly, but when I put in my iPod, iTunes starts lagging up and the rest of my computer works fine. And when I try to add or delete songs off of it, not only does it take a long time, but the songs I try to delete are still on my iPod when I listen to it and the songs I try to add aren't on there. Can someone please help? The iPod I have is an iPod shuffle.

2. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Do you update your ipod like everytime?

3. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I don't think so. How do I update it?

4. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Either just re-install iTunes or, when you open your iTunes, it would pop up saying "There is a new version of iTunes, Would you like to update to iTunes?"

5. Destined Working for WDW

I know that sometimes you just need to update iTunes...at least for my classic. I don't know if it's the same for a shuffle or not, I don't fully understand that those things.

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

1. That happens to me too. lul

2. Are you sure your iPod isn't on Manual? If it is, you'll have to go in when you sync it and delete them from the list (from your computer).

Not sure about the other stuff.

7. SplitOverload Chaser

Mine lags too but it's alright.

I suggest getting a different program to sort your ipod ****, like Songbird...I mean if you really don't want anything to do with the problem =\

8. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Ah, that happened to my ipod shuffle, which I got for my birthday a year ago. No offense, but just saying as a buyer of the product (seriously no offense) but the shuffle is a piece of cr*p. I got a nano for my b-day this year, lol.

What happens is, for the problem about the songs still being there, you have to sync your ipod. The songs on your library that were deleted will no longer be on your ipod, though if you exported your library somewhere you can get that song back anytime, even if it isn't on your ipod at the moment and it was previously.

About it running slowly, you might have an older edition and you might want to download a newer version. There might be a bug in your "Itunes" area of your computer, and it might be slowing it down, though it's not very likely. Otherwise, I don't have any suggestions.​

9. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

How do I do that?

10. Xaale Sylph of Hope

To sync, you go to your itunes library and go under the pull-down menue: File. If you scroll down, you should see an option that says, "Sync <Insert Ipod's Name>". Do not "X-out" or remove your ipod from the charger while it is syncing. When finished, any changes and updates should be taken effect on your ipod. When it's finished syncing, it will say so you know when to disconnect your ipod from the charger.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.