I've got a dying friend.

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Sexy Sheva, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Sexy Sheva Banned

My friend Wessa is in a wheelchair and she faces challenges everyday of her life. She has been through so much throughout her life time. She suffers not only from not being able to walk but she has seizures on a day to day basis.

She is a wonderful human being and if anyone deserves life, she is one that does. She would never let you know if she was having a bad day. She is always happy and if she is sad or cries then you know something is wrong with her, she is such an important person to me and my friends... She loves to go to church and serve the lord, and I know if he calls her one of these days she will be walking on the streets of gold.

But today was one of the worst days. She was having continuous seizures, It started at 1:30 this morning but it was one of her regular one's, Wessas mom woke her up at nine to take her medicine and she took it fine but then at 9:06 she went into a seizure and never came out, so was rushed to the hospital by ambulance, when she got there she finally woke up and came out of it.

The doctors don't give her long, and I don't know what to do. I want to tell her it's okay and she'll be alright, but.. i don't know );

2. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Im very sorry to hear that, a friend in elementry died of cancer, and she was one of my first friends when i moved to the town. All i can say is to make your time with her memorable and fun for her, TRY to take that off her mind, and she sounds like a great and awesome person.

3. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Sarah you should've brought this up beofre.If she's going to pass on soon the thing you have to do is first do all the the things you enjoy and do them so you remember her as her happiest, then you ask her if she's got any creative idea's for her funeral like to make sure the people were happy for her life not the sad for her death,or sun flowers near her or to put on something specifically happy for the funeral.Before she goes you need to get all your friends in for one giant friend photograph to memeris her at her happiest.

Just some idea's.

4. Sexy Sheva Banned

I feel so horrible that it's happening around Christmas time ):
    I just hope she lives long enough for me to see her again ;~;

5. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Do her something she would like for christmas, and ask her parents what to do, they should know what she would like, right?

6. Redeyesblackdragon Twilight Town Denizen

I want you to log on to your favorite Preachers website, I want you to request Prayer, and I am in agreement with you that your friend will pull though it all and she will get well, I want you to tell your friend not to give up, have the will power and fight for life.

Edit: She isnt dieing she is ill, my grandfather was told he had 2 months to live, and he pulled 12 months so never give up.

7. Sexy Sheva Banned

But she has Spina bifida though. She has a hard enough time, and she tries so hard just to make it through the day... ):

8. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    No, never ask a dying person to plan their own funeral, that's just gruesome.

If anything death should be the last thing on your list of topics when talking to the girl, it's best to let things run naturally.

9. Redeyesblackdragon Twilight Town Denizen

If by the power of god she is healed of all sickness, she is healed of all pain sezuires. No matter what god can heal her.

10. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, just dont talk about death...it just make it sad for her, and sometimes it speeds up the process..which is a sick and cruel thing.

11. godsgirl Merlin's Housekeeper

Well answered. I'll keep your friend in my prayers, dont worry, I'll be there for you. Here is something I'll leave you with, It was a quote from my grandfather, spoken at his funeral.

"If you can only remeber me in tears, don't remember me at all."

Remember, the Lord is with you. Make every moment with her precious, and when she does pass on, just think of how she will be living in Heaven.

12. Shuhbooty moon child

I'm so sorry. She sounds like a wonderful friend, that will never leave your side.

To be honest, you should just make the rest of her time, fun. If I knew my best friend was dying I'd do anything to make her smile till the end. I'd go all out, and get her flowers, snow cones, anything that would cute and happy, ya'know?

Make the rest of her time something that would ease her pain. She would greatly love that. <;(

13. Sexy Sheva Banned

Okay guys, I got an update from a friend of mine that spends alot of time with her =)

14. Defame King's Apprentice

I hope your friend does get better and she has a long, happy healthy life.
    be there for her, she needs it.
    love, support, everything.

hang in there

15. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

Do what you can to support her, but treat her mostly like normal, because she wouldn't want to think about all this. I wish her good luck, and good on you for being a supportive friend. Make some memories so you can remember her as a happy person. I really hope she improves, or at least doesn't get worse, but if there's still time, there's hope.

16. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

youre a ****ing ass hole, you ****ing *******!

17. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Knock it off you guys. Just let Son of Sam do what he wants and staff will take care of him.

I'm sorry about your friend. If you wait long enough, the pain will go away. It's a bit stupid sounding but it helps. My girlfriend died a week ago and I promised I wouldn't cry over it. Make sure you cry one time to let it all out In the future, just say (if you're crying) "I'm better than this" or "My friend is in a better place." Whatever work for you.

18. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, how is though now, you said she got out the hospital, right?

19. Sexy Sheva Banned

Yeah, I posted an update. She's out of the hospital and doing better :')
    She's back in her wheelchair, and they think she'll be fine

But i still worry about her everyday ):

20. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Hopefully she will be fiine..I hope she gets to be fine during the holidays ^__^